It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religous competition

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 02:16 PM
link   
In the war of religon, who is on top? In nubers, I think it is Hinduism due to china having 1.2 billion hindu people. But who has most happy followers? Who makes most money? Well, catholic church makes around 100 billion in profit a year, so think they win that. Who has the most rules? Who has the most freedom? Who allows people freedom to do what they want as long as they follow one or two rules? Who has the strangest rules?

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser
In the war of religon, who is on top? In nubers, I think it is Hinduism due to china having 1.2 billion hindu people. But who has most happy followers? Who makes most money? Well, catholic church makes around 100 billion in profit a year, so think they win that. Who has the most rules? Who has the most freedom? Who allows people freedom to do what they want as long as they follow one or two rules? Who has the strangest rules?

China has 1.2 billion Hindu's? Wow, that's more than India, who has the largest Hindu population. That 1.2 billion would make every Chinese person a Hindu.

Check this out:

www.adherents.com...

The Catholic Church profits $100 billion a year? Wow, pretty high number.

Check this out:

www.kensmen.com...

Revenues: $209.6 million, expenditures: $198.5 million

The weblink got the info from the CIA factbook.

The best religion is the one that is best suited for you, the individual. Believe what you want to believe in, as long as it works for you!

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 03:01 PM
link   
But seriously, who's winning? I personally believe that Satan is winning, but that's just me.

However, if you'll notice, it seems that the larger religions (Islam, Hinduism) are still dirt poor, at the top and at the bottom. Catholicism is drawing enough interest on their holdings to keep them going whether they have followers or not.

I personally hold a lot of skepticism for the Mormons. They are the newest 'real' religion, their holdings are around $40 billion, last I heard from someone who could know. The thing is, they own food production companies, a very large media outlet (Bonneville), a huge insurance company (Beneficial Life), and they're spreading like the plague.

If there was an award for best new religion (assuming value based on number of souls solicited vs. return on investment) I would nominate The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.

DC

[Edited on 27-2-2004 by DeltaChaos]

new topics

join