It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oh my God! Is that a ghost?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Here is a ghost of a priest caught on camera; the photographer says she didn't see any such object while taking this photo and noticed it after downloading it to her computer. Have a look; what do you think? real or hoax?

TOURIST Olga Chtalova could not believe her eyes when she downloaded her holiday snaps and saw this ghostly image.

She is convinced the blurry figure in the middle of the picture is the ghost of a 16th Century priest walking through St Paul's Cathedral.

A 16th Century priest? walking through the Cathedral? how did she know that the priest is from 16th Century? or did I miss something?

Source

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 03:12 AM
link   
it's more likely than not, motion blur . . . .

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 03:12 AM
link   
pssst,wrong forum

but,just looks like a blurry photo to me.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by JPhish

A clear white motion blur? with such a shape? I doubt.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Enceladus

dude, a priest walked by as olga was taking the picture . . .

[edit on 4/23/2008 by JPhish]

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

Actually I didn't know where to post this; while browsing around Aliens & UFO; i did see a thread Has anyone seen the Ghost Car Video? WOW! so thought I could post it here. I request the Mods to shift this thread to the right place

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Umm, and this has 'what?' to do with UFO's/Aliens? LOL!

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 03:30 AM
link   
The woman in the front row, right hand side is also blurred as shes moving too

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by JPhish

Lol chances but she says "There was no one in front of me when I took the picture."

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Is there the original pic somewhere? Once we know the exposure time we can solve the enigma: it looks an ordinary motion blur to me too, but since he's a priest, everything is possible

[edit on 23/4/2008 by internos]

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by internos

Internos, I think it is difficult to get the original. But the one posted in the original news source is a little bigger picture and might help in some way.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Generally I don't see the same amount of blur in the foreground "person" compared to the woman on the front row. Completely different actually.

Personally I am the variety of person where I know something is out there but will never be able to tell in this kid of photo.

To get this light setting and saturation in the image then the exposure def had to be slow but without recognition of the people right beside the figure and a seemingly un-matching of blurred objects... well, it's an odd pic.

I wish we had a comparison shot of a priest. Do any of the pics have a priest in it to compare the robes ?

b

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Priests aren't allowed in heaven?
Guess God does have taste.

Kidding.

I can't believe that someone would pass on and still hang around down on earth instead of the paradise that is supposedly awaiting the faithful. Maybe Heaven ain't all it's cracked up to be.

Looks like a motion blur, and I suspect thats what it is. I've had this happen on my digital camera lot. To me it looks like a person in white that was blurred.

- Lee

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 09:57 AM
link   
In most places of worship, especially during a service, people are told not to use flash photography. To compensate for the lower light-levels indoors the digital camera automatically increases its exposure time so unless one is quite still, the sensor will capture the motion as a blur.
This is what's happened in this photo.

new topics

top topics

join