It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Life Long Struggle

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Hey all, I'm new to the board, but I've been an active reader for some time.

I've been interested in UFO's for some time, since I was 7. I'm now 21 and just starting to feel comfortable with sharing what I saw. I've started to realize that people will always have there doubts, there are people in the world that could shake an alien's hand and still not believe in them. Then there are people who want to listen, and my hopes are that you are those people.

When I was 7 years old. I was spending the night at a friends house, his name was Jothan Nash, and his father was the pastor of our church, Westwood Presbyterian Church, in Dothan, Alabama. We would go hunting early in the morning for birds, we had some BB guns and a pellet pistol, and never ever killed anything, but we mainly did it for the fun of it. And to brag to all the chicks that we spent the weekend hunting, and that our dads bought us BB guns

So we woke up one morning, around 4 o clock, because we had to get up and out before the birds did:-)

We put on our kid sized BDU's, grabbed the .177 ammo and headed out on his property. The property was huge, and I'm not too sure how big it was, but I just remember it took us 20 mins to walk to the field where we hunted.

We were walking along the tree line, towards a new hunting spot where all the birds landed, when a huge flash happened in the middle of the field. We both looked right at it, and there it was, heading towards the sky was a long egg shaped object, it seemed like it was moving so fast, but in the moment, it seemed like it was there forever. We were both in total shock, we ran all the way back to the house, as fast as we could. I dropped some of the ammo, and I didn't even care to pick it up. We got back to the house and woke up his dad and his two brothers.

After the sun was completely up, and his dad not believing a word we said, we went out into the field.

If you've ever been to alabama, you know there are lots of pine trees, tons of them, and there was this little spread of pine trees in the field. What his dad saw made his jaw drop. It was a pine tree that was knocked over, only there was no breaking point, it was just uprooted from the ground, and appeared to have some black substence on it.

He said it must have been some kids fooling around with fire, but I didn't believe him for a second.

I knew it wasn't a rocket, and I know for a fact that there were no kids there. Alabama has a lot of clay, and there were no foot prints but our own.

I brushed it off for some time, I even tried to convince myself that it never really happened. But as I started to get into grade school and returning to alabama in my senior year of highschool, I just had to accept what I saw.

I'm not here to convince you of anything, but share my experience. This has been a major struggle in my life. I've lost a few relationships due to this, but my wife has embraced me and supports me(she is wonderful). I really haven't talked about it much in the past few years, due to my current job(I'm in the United States Airforce). But I'm trying to be open minded to all of this.

I'm glad to be here, and look forward to learning and better understanding this great world of ours.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Hiyah Terrk....

Welcome to ATS and thanks for sharing your story with us
I went to U of Alabama, Roll Tide...and I have been to Dothan....

Anyway...interesting story, I believe you and obviously since you found your way here, I would imagine this event changed your life, when you started thinking more about it as the years rolled on.

I find it interesting you went into the Air Force, care to share about that?

Editing to add that...just curious if you joining the Air Force had anything whatsoever to do, consciously or unconsciously with what you saw as a child in your opinion?

[edit on 23-4-2008 by LateApexer313]

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 02:40 AM
link   
I'm not too sure why I joined the air force. I told myself I was doing it to get school paid for, but the more time I spend in the air force, the more I think that I joined to find out more, and to see what is really going on. I think it was more then I could handle at the time I joined, so I just blocked it out.

Thanks for the warm welcome.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Terrk

You're very welcome and thanks for answering my question about the Air Force...

Well, that's understandable the reason why you joined up...and thanks for serving your country by the way

So, have you "found out more"?

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Well,
Now I just have a lot more questions

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Well, that was an interesting story. I hope I see something equally/more interesting someday. So far, I've been able to dismiss anything I've seen that was slightly odd. I haven't seen anything extremely unusual.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by GrayFox
Well, that was an interesting story. I hope I see something equally/more interesting someday. So far, I've been able to dismiss anything I've seen that was slightly odd. I haven't seen anything extremely unusual.

You know GrayFox, I haven't seen anything since I was 7. It's been 16 years and I can only hope I see something before my life ends.

I've started to look though, I'm always looking up. I spend countless nights outside, just watching and waiting.

"Seek and ye shall find"

Keep looking

[edit on 23-4-2008 by Terrk]

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Welcome aboard Terrk,
An interesting story and thanks for sharing it.
Good to know you have a lovely lady that understands.

Could you possibly draw a diagram of what you saw? I understand it was a long time ago, but it has obviously stayed with you for all these years.
I know you say it 'egg' shaped but was there any other distiguishing features, ie, lights etc?

Thanks.

H

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Thanks so much for posting your story. It's stories like yours that counter balance some of the junk out there being "sold" as eye witness accounts, ect.

I believe you, and that says a lot for me.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Havalon
Welcome aboard Terrk,
An interesting story and thanks for sharing it.
Good to know you have a lovely lady that understands.

Could you possibly draw a diagram of what you saw? I understand it was a long time ago, but it has obviously stayed with you for all these years.
I know you say it 'egg' shaped but was there any other distiguishing features, ie, lights etc?

Thanks.

H

Well, I am currently deployed, and my applications out here are very limited. However, I'll try to whip something up and scan it then post it. But I'm warning you, my drawing abilities are lacking.

As for features, there were no "lights" on it at all, it was hella bright though, so much that it when I focused on it, it destroyed my natural night vision and I had the hardest time following the tree line back to the main trail.
Anyway, it was reflective enough for me to see it after the inital take off/flash. It was almost like a mirror, I know that sounds wierd, but it wasn't silver or chrome, it was like a mirror. I don't know how to explain it's "color" or finish, a mirror is the best I can come up with.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Thanks for sharing your story. I wonder if you went back to the location where this happened if the tree is still there?

Did you get permission from your friend to put his personal information here?

The only thing that makes me wonder about this story, is that 7 year olds were allowed to go out without supervision at 4:00 a.m. with guns. Even if they were kid sized guns, what sort of parents allow that?

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Hi Terrk

I suggest you dont mention any of this in your post*, not because any big conspiracy etc, but because it can create problems regarding promotion etc.
Even airline pilots get the same treatment for UFOs that they observe.
Ofcourse this may just be seeing UFOs in the job but best to bet on the side of caution

As to what you saw I have no idea, but it seems to have inspired you

EDIT: When I say post, I mean your post in the Airforce and not on this forum

[edit on 23-4-2008 by Mark Roazhar]

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Enthralled Fan

The only thing that makes me wonder about this story, is that 7 year olds were allowed to go out without supervision at 4:00 a.m. with guns. Even if they were kid sized guns, what sort of parents allow that?

To be honest, I've asked myself the same question. My dad took me out and let me shoot my BB gun often, and taught me proper safety. He also made me wear a orange vest and use eye protection when I went "hunting". I don't know if I would let my kid do that now, but I think things were a little different in 1994.

We were taught proper gun education, and I think that was key.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 07:12 PM
link   

There is a basic drawing of it, It didn't have the "legs" out or anything, but it felt wrong not to put anything there, haha.

And in case anyone wants to know how I knew the hight and width of it. I used a pine tree that was my hight(which was 4'10 at the time) and mentally stacked them on top of each other. I could be off a foot or two, but this is the best I can do.

The width is just a guess compared to the width of the small pinetree, I could be way off on that one.

new topics

top topics

join