It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vote for me in 2036!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 02:02 PM
link   
- I would push for an amendment preventing discrimination based on sex or sexuality.

- Do away with the electoral college and go by popular vote

- Push for a policy of openness on any matter that is not national security related (UFO situations in the past).

- Limit our military involvement in the affairs of other countries

I also have the minority vote, as I am 1/3 African American.

2036! Vote for me!

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 02:28 PM
link   
-" I would push for an amendment preventing discrimination based on sex or sexuality. "

To include pedophiles for jobs at day care centers??

- "Do away with the electoral college and go by popular vote "

Thereby making the opinion of large metropolitan centers elect the president? Pander to NYC, Chicago, Houston, Atlanta, LA, SF and you're in? Besides, the president himself can't change the Constitution so the point is moot.

-" Push for a policy of openness on any matter that is not national security related (UFO situations in the past). "

What makes you think that a UFO encounter wouldn't be a matter of National Security?

-" Limit our military involvement in the affairs of other countries"

We generally do unless there is a compelling National interest in that Country. Rwanda anyone?

"I also have the minority vote, as I am 1/3 African American. "

Nope, I'm a white guy, by far in the minority. You don't have my vote-yet.....

"2036! Vote for me!"

Try harder, use your head for something other than a place to put your on hat backwards, and if I haven't departed this Galaxy by then, we'll see.

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 01:41 PM
link   

-" I would push for an amendment preventing discrimination based on sex or sexuality. "

To include pedophiles for jobs at day care centers??

Pedophilia is illegal. I was referring more to no discrimination against homosexuals or women. Remember, there is still no Equal Rights Amendment for women.

- "Do away with the electoral college and go by popular vote "

Thereby making the opinion of large metropolitan centers elect the president? Pander to NYC, Chicago, Houston, Atlanta, LA, SF and you're in? Besides, the president himself can't change the Constitution so the point is moot.

I apologize. I meant I would push for an amendment doing away with the electoral college. I thought that was obvious. And also, in a democratic society it is the people that are supposed to make the choices. By having an electoral college, the popular vote is simply an illusion; a survey. The people really get no say in who becomes president for the next 4 years. I feel the people should have this choice directly. And even if you claim that if you "get votes from those major cities than you're in," the fact is if the majority of the voters want a person as president, there is no reason that person should not be president in a democratic society.

-" Push for a policy of openness on any matter that is not national security related (UFO situations in the past). "

What makes you think that a UFO encounter wouldn't be a matter of National Security?

If it was, than I would not push for a policy of openness about it. Thats why I added that disclaimer there.

-" Limit our military involvement in the affairs of other countries"

We generally do unless there is a compelling National interest in that Country. Rwanda anyone?

I meant preventing situations like Iraq. Military would be the very last resort. Diplomacy first, military only if necessary.

And to add onto my beliefs, I support doing away with affirmative action. I feel that no special rights should be given to someone simply because of race. Hopefully by 2036 affirmative action won't be as big of a deal.

join