It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Are Drug Related Topics Killed So Quickly?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 01:20 AM
link   
First off.....yes I do know that the rule is NO DRUG TALK.

Yet,lots of times when I log on to ATS I see in Hot Topics something like "House bill to legalize Marijuana" , or "'___' / EBE Connection" , or just now
"Proof that '___' is NOT real. CIA conspiracy. "

These all sound like very interesting topics so I of course click them.....only to find they've been deleted already.

I guess I just don't understand why Drug topics that actually relate to Conspiracy Theories really need to be removed.

If you are seriously into Investigating conspiracies then "Drugs" are a subject that you'll inevitably run into.

I could understand if you're saying I can't post a topic like :

"Happy 420.....I'm Blizzazed!!!" or "How to build a bong with Your tinfoil Hat"

.....But Completely removing all talk of drugs from a conspiracy theory forum is removing a huge slice of the investigative pie in my opinion.

I think a lot of others agree.Most of the deleted "Drug Topics" I've seen have had at least 20-30 flags.

Obviously some of us want to hear what the author has to say.

Thanks,
DG

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Because ATS is the largest heroin supplier in the world, the US Government contracts multi-billion dollar contracts with THIS web-site in order to distribute heroin to our youth. The profit is ultimately used to rig elections and incarcerate children posing a threat to our communities? I think they also use it for klondike bars and web space.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 01:39 AM
link   
I hear what you're saying and I agree somewhat and you can read abut it here

UPDATE: The Discussion Of "Illegal Activity" On The Above Network Sites (ATS, BTS, AP)

I agree drugs play a big role in many conspiracy's, but this is the way they have decided to run this site and you can contribute under their rules or go somewhere else as there are many other sites to discuss such things.

While I don't personally agree with this, it is not my site and it is not a democracy here and I have decided that there is enough things I like about this site that I can live with some of the rules I don't necessarily agree with.

[edit on 23-4-2008 by verylowfrequency]

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 02:28 AM
link   
I think it's slightly amusing. A website talking about proper bad stuff that the gov are up too,which if prooved to be true would bring a freaking revolution. But you can't talk about d*ugs. Obviously,talking about sourcing them,or even the personal experiences is a no no.

I even think it could be dangerous in one scenario I can think of. Say some youngun,is thinking of trying some kind of drug. They come on and ask "i wanna do *insert drug of choice* with me mates,what should I know" That thread just gets deleted,and this imagionary poster is now left thinking,ok,I'll just take them all. I know there're sites out there with all the relevent info on (erowid for one) But if someone asks,they should get answers.

Harm minimisation through proper education. It's the only thing that works.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Acidtastic
Obviously,talking about sourcing them,or even the personal experiences is a no no.

And there's the crux. If we use a "green" example; from years of experience reading threads here on ATS, it's understood that any topic relating to even industrial grade plants soon degenerates into "Dude! I once did _____ and it was soooo cool! Huh huh!".

The problem is that such threads attract "stoners". Since many of them are too "influenced" to approach the topics in a mature manner they always degrade a thread to the point where it needs to be moved or trashed. :shk:

The same holds true for other illicit substances. When it comes to such topics there's always recreational users who can't help but discuss their own personal illegal experiences.

ATS has worked very hard not to get "blacklisted" from school/public libraries & workplaces by "Net Nanny" type programs. People discussing their own illegal activities is a quick way to throw all of that hard work out the window. It's really too bad that the "stoners" don't take that into consideration, but if you want to blame someone, don't blame ATS; blame the disrespectful "stoners" who can't abide by the Terms & Conditions that they agreed to.

[edit on 4/23/08 by redmage]

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 02:56 AM
link   
I created the '___'/CIA thread but it wasn't deleted. It was moved to RATS. I don't have access to RATS being such a new member, so...

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by logician magician

Exactly, and even in your own thread you stated:

Originally posted by logician magician
I have tried it, many times.

Proving the problem once again.

If you want to discuss your personal illegal activities, then take it somewhere else. When you signed up here you agreed not to do such on these forums.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by DocGonzo

Dont worry DocGonzo...just subscribe to RATS and you can read all the drug info you want.

Seriously, they are moved there...one time usage of your points in a large quantity to gain access...and a small monthly amount of ATS points to keep it going...or you can keep your subscription open at random and not do it monthly.

Peace

dAlen

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by redmage
reply to post by logician magician

Exactly, and even in your own thread you stated:

I have tried it, many times.

Proving the problem once again.

If you want to discuss your personal illegal activities, then take it somewhere else. When you signed up here you agreed not to do such on these forums.

I fail to see how you seem to think that what you just said makes any sense at all.

Dont worry DocGonzo...just subscribe to RATS and you can read all the drug info you want.

I don't think he has enough points.

[edit on 23-4-2008 by logician magician]

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 05:00 AM
link   

I fail to see how you seem to think that what you just said makes any sense at all.

Really?

I feel somewhat silly having to break it down like this, but...

1) '___' is an illegal mind-altering substance.
2) "I have tried it, many times." is relating personal experience of committing crimes (a.k.a. discussing "illegal activities").
3) The Terms & Conditions, that you agreed to, state:

2e.) Illegal Activity: Discussion of illegal activities; specifically mind-altering drugs, computer hacking, criminal hate, sexual relations with minors, and stock scams are strictly forbidden.

Discussion of a substance alone (even an illicit one) is not an "illegal activity", while discussion of personal use of such crosses that line.

I hope that makes it more clear for you.

As I said before, the problem is that "when it comes to such topics there's always recreational users who can't help but discuss their own personal illegal experiences." That is why so many threads need to be moved, or trashed.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 05:21 AM
link   
With reguards to the magicians thread,some personaly use theory was needed for the topical discussion. I suppose that is why it was deleted.

Anyway,I see you have an MC Escher picture as your avatar,check the lego Escher thread i started over in general,pretty cool stuff I'm sure you'll agree!! [/slightly off topic]

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

I disagree. One of his main points was that; because substance "X" is colorless, odorless, and tasteless it "proves" that the substance doesn't exist. Examples such as carbon monoxide and pure water easily disprove such false reasoning. No discussion of illegal activities was necessary.

[off topic] I'll have to check out your thread.
[/off topic]

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 05:48 AM
link   
This topic was already discussed here

Please get all the info you need from that thread and especially the opening post.

Thread closed.

[edit on 23-4-2008 by Skyfloating]

new topics

top topics

join