It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chavez says food prices "massacre" of world's poor

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Chavez says food prices "massacre" of world's poor

uk.reuters.com

CARACAS (Reuters) - Soaring food prices are a "massacre" of the world's poor and are creating a global nutritional crisis, Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez said on Tuesday, calling it a sign that capitalism is in decline.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I dont usually agree with President Chavez but on this one Im going to. Although I do not think that capitalism is on the decline, I do believe that these food prices are going to destroy many lives not only in some corners of Africa but all around the world.

uk.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Bunch

Agreed...No one from the middle class down is going to be immune from this, on any continent. The poor are, and will continue to be devastated by this. It's an absolute disaster of epic proportions on the horizon.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 03:04 AM
link   
You have to be kidding me ....

Chavez could care less about his "people" starving, let alone anyone else's people starving.

www.venezuelanalysis.com...

Thursday, May 6, 2004 (Venezuelanalysis.com): For the second time in the first quarter of the campaign trail, John Kerry, the democratic candidate for president of the United States, has declared that “democracy is a risk” in Venezuela. Kerry also said that Venezuela’s democratically–elected President Chavez is becoming a dictator.

If John Kerry, back in 2004, thinks that Chavez is "becoming" a dictator ....then I would say, um...he IS!

Chavez has blocked and taken over ALL broadcasts in his country, who would believe or care what he says, on any topic?

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I only have one question for good old Hugo, friend of the poor, working class people everywhere:

How much are YOU selling Venezuelan oil for on world markets???

Unless its all at a significant discount as opposed to world prices, I think that old Hugo needs to sit down and shut the hell up.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by LateApexer313

That's why I open my OP the way I did. I know Chavez more times than not is a lunatic that make outrageous comments and the action he has taken in Venezuela speak for themselves.

Putting that aside I think he has a point on what he is saying that the poor are suffering around the world and I would even go a step further to say that the middle class is suffering too because of this.

BTW, who cares about what John Kerry says? The same guy that label all military people as dumb and uneducated, please.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Good ole Hugo...the only person on earth whose mouth and butthole are entrchangeable

top topics

join