It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help me out naming this "syndrome"?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Hi all, I just got back from the Doctors where I went complaining about chest pains that I've had for the past 1.5 years.

After a few random tests she told me that I'll need an ECG (echocardiograph... how awesome does that sound?) and a chest x-ray, because some tall, skinny men around my age have a syndrome where their heart grows abnormally or something along those lines. And I'm tall, skinny and around my age (21), so I fit the category perfectly.

Unfortunately that's all the information I got on this syndrome. I have no idea what it's called or the symptoms or implications or anything like that. I was wondering if anyone on here would recognise this and be able to enlighten me on what this syndrom is/entails?

Am I gonna die in 5 years? 5 minutes? Will I have super-human strength? Will my abnormal heart allow me to love abnormal people? With super-human strength?

I'll be doing my own research on this of course, but I figured I'd get more heads in on this.

Thanks guys!

[edit on 22-4-2008 by Toy_soldier]

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Sounds like something I had when I was about your age. I'm tall and slim too.

I was diagnosed with "mild pluracy" (fluid in/on the lungs), but at the time, due to the general area of the pain, I was more concerned it was heart related.

Q: are you a smoker?
what kind of environment do you work in?

I wouldn't get too worried about this, it will only concentrate your thoughts and focus on the pains!

I hope you feel better soon

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Marfan syndrome.

en.wikipedia.org...

Ring any bells?
I'll keep browsing and add any possibilities.

[edit on 8-5-2008 by AGENT_T]

join