It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mormon church sends out memo to members last sunday...

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Whether it is the church saying it or not it is a smart move, think about it. Remember the black out in New York a few years ago? No one had food, or water, and they freaked out.

I got involved with the LDS church about a year ago. I have to say that the emergency kit is one of the smartest things they have going for them. I have a back pack that has about a weeks supply of stuff in it. It also had a med kit, fishing kit, and a lot of other stuff. A weeks supply of any medicine you take is good too.

As far as the years worth of food, well I have about a six month supply. That has been done with the help of friends at the church. It really is the smart thing to do cause have you looked at the economy lately?? Do you realize what gas prices has been doing to the food prices???

I went to by an Ice Creme Sandwich the other day and they wanted 4 dollars for it... needless to say.. I didn't by it...

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ironclad
Wall Street is going down & your Depresion is well under way..

I mean a 3 year old could tell that.

9 months ago the AU dollar was 40c behind the US Dollar.

Now their nearly neck & neck.

Bad times in store for u guys.

I wouldn't be so smug, my down under brother by another mother.
When the US economy sneezes, the world catches cold. We have the furthest to fall, but the lowering tide will drop all boats.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seems to me that the CJCLDS is simply seeing the obvious signs of economic upheaval and impending war, and instructing their people accordingly. We would all be wise to do the same.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by argentus

....... and your post was sarcastic and derisive [I say to myself] .

I did some internet searching since that last post and wasn't able to glean any more than the original OP, however I did come across and reacquaint myself with the LDS food calculator for long-term storage, as well as a couple other related goodies: www.millennium-ark.net... (click on food storage on the left)

I apologize to anyone I offended by my earlier comments. It's not my way to make fun of people, particularly their religious affiliations. I went on a trip down memory lane at the first post to a time when I was going to college in Utah, and making extra money beyond my part-time job by smuggling booze from Idaho to the campus. It was the difference between going to school or not. That's a reason, but still a poor excuse for poking fun at the garments.

Again, my apologies.

[edit to fix bad link]

Cheers

[edit on 16-7-2008 by argentus]

[edit on 16-7-2008 by argentus]

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by bismillah haiyy
reply to post by Tadarida

Thanks for the quote.

I guess that I don't understand WHAT about this "vision" provoked such a controvery or conflict for the Church (unless there was some component that did not sink in to me, when I read it...)

It seems like something that any other "Prophet" or "General Authority" might "see" or say, to me!

I am also curious to know whether you, or others who are familiar with this "White City" controversy grew up in Utah (or places close to, or like, Utah), and whether it is possible that this discussion was something rather localized? I did not grow up in Utah--but did live there, and have found that there are many (at lease cultural, but also variants in interpretation of doctrine, and even practices) differences btw what Mormonism looked like on the East Coast, vs. what it looked like in Utah.

I wonder if this controversy occurred BEFORE or AFTER the time that I would have been aware of it (was I not born yet? a little kid? did it happen after I left the Church?. etc...). I would appreciate knowing the time frame, if anyone can provide it.

None of this is really pressing...I just find myself quite curious, as I was a very active, practicing, Mormon for a long time and have no recollection of hearing about anything like this...

Thanks!

Thanks!

I never heard about the White City vision in the context of controversy - I believe I took it as a vision of the Celestial Kingdom or something like that.

I grew up in Southern California, but spent a year in Utah for college - there was a big difference in the culture of the church there, but not much that I could see about the teachings going on. The culture difference within the church makes sense when you think about it - going from the minority to the majority. I really began to find things were not sitting right with me at all during this period, and soon afterward I made my exit.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Contact any LDS Missionary. They can help you get the information your asking for.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join