It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mormon church sends out memo to members last sunday...

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by DragonsDemesne

Yuppers starred for that...

Too few people think along that line... there are MANY things that would have a lot more value than gold that you can easily stock pile... naturally the vices like booze and smokes (and COFFEE
) obviously come to mind but I bet one could easily make a list of easy to keep common taken for granted items that would make life post apocalypse a whole lot easier

Someone mentioned toilet paper... I laughed... but think about it

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

That's the problem with the world and expecially the internet...

TOO MUCH DISIBFORMATION

Ya don't know who to trust anymore

I know...think about all those "atmosphere on the moon threads"...and the "fusion reactor in the crater" threads out there...be careful to not believe everything you read on the net!

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I have guns, 10,000 cattle roaming about, along with rabbits, snakes, bighorn sheep, antelope, deer, and running water in most canyons.

My 72 hour kit is ammo, clothes, a full tank of gas, and a backpack full of canned goods and energy bars.

As for mormon bashing, I'll save that for another thread.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by gotrox
I have guns, 10,000 cattle roaming about, along with rabbits, snakes, bighorn sheep, antelope, deer, and running water in most canyons.

Nice place... got any spare room? just in case?

hehe whats that near Hawthorne? John and I are planning to take in the parade on the 17th

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Seeing as the memo was localized to your area, and its about a 72 hr kit, one must assume that the PTB in your church have had some kind of word, inside info, whatever, that you and your congregation are going to find yourselves in need of high tailing it out of there sometime this summer. The 72 hour suppy will get you to wherever it is that you will need to go (to be safe?).

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 12:08 AM
link   
The mormons have the largest food shelf in the U.S., and possibly in the world. I know that the earthquakes in Reno have raised some alarms.

also

The underwear suit is comparable to the face covering burka.

Actually, they are more like a cross. A ward is another word for it, or fetish.You can't get them, you need a recommend from a bishop. My brother works at a factory where they make them. They are taken very seriously. Making fun of the garments is like spitting on a crucifix.

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I am an ex=Mormon--but I can attest that even over a decade ago when I was still Mormon they were pushing food stroage and emergency preparedness.

It's not a bad idea to be prepared, and I certainly try to do it, just because it makes sense!

What bothers me (Mormons may want to cover their ears) is that this stinks of the Illuminati "End Times" programming and agenda (and I received that kind of fear based programming as a "born in the Coveneant Latter-Day Saint").

I also believe that the Mormon Church is highly correlated with the Masons (their rituals are almost word for word the same) and other Illuminati groups.

IMO the Illuminati has been pushing this "end times" agenda for a long time--and are probably trying to bring about Armageddon, or at least destruction of Biblical proportions.

They have openly stated their intention that most of the population of this planet be eradicated --to save resources for their "elite bloodlines" among other things. IMO they thrive--nay, feed--on fear (research David Icke!), and they try to keep the masses-- or "sheeple" as they might say-- whipped up into the highest states of fear possible. Witness the people who are willing to trade their civil liberties--RIGHT NOW--for safety from "terrorists" (it is mournfully ironic that the people that they look to for safety are the (IMO) actual perpetrators of the 9-11 incident that catalyzed this "crisis"!)

It is impossible to live in Love and fear at the same time.

I believe that God is the embodiment of Love--and I also trust that God will care for me.

I think that Darkenss is making it's last stand--the final grasp for power, control, domination, and slavery--and it really is darkest before the Dawn.

I do not buy into the Mormon and (IMO) other NWO groups' assertions that "the end is near".

I think that the Beginning is near!

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 12:25 AM
link   
PS Bergle 4-28:

I believe that God gives "negative" prophecy ONLY for the purpose of showing us what the"worst case scenario" is if we do not change our course. I believe that it is given only IF we CAN change our course--otherwise, in my opinion, it is just fear-mongering. And I do not believe that this is the way that God operates!

Therefore--if we live in Love and follow the Holy Spirit we do not have to worry about this "end times" and destruction business.

I prefer to spend my energy, and my creative consciousness trying to make the world a better place, grow in my closeness with God, Love my fellow beings as much as possible, and hold the vision of what the world is going to look like when we finally evolve our consciousness and live in peace and harmony with each other, the Earth, and God!

I have heard the saying "worry is like praying for what you don't want" many times, and from many sources, and it rings true to me!

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 12:52 AM
link   
PPS:

I was a Mormon for over twenty years, even lived in Utah for awhile--and I never heard of "the White City"

Can someone please fill me in on what the heck this is/was????

Also--forgive me, but I have no idea what the PTB is? It sounds like you are referring to some kind of shadow governemnt-type-of thing....?????

Sorry to take up space with my ignorance, but I am dying to know the answers to both questions!

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 01:20 AM
link   
I remember hearing about the white city when I was growing up in the Mormon Church... I have not been Mormon for 20 years. But yes, I remember hearing about it as a vision or revelation. I just googled it and found this quote - sounds familiar once I read it. It was a quote by David O'McKay.
_______________________________________________-

“I … fell asleep, and beheld in vision something infinitely sublime. In the distance I beheld a beautiful white city. Though far away, yet I seemed to realize that trees with luscious fruit, shrubbery with gorgeously-tinted leaves, and flowers in perfect bloom abounded everywhere. The clear sky above seemed to reflect these beautiful shades of color. I then saw a great concourse of people approaching the city. Each one wore a white flowing robe, and a white headdress. Instantly my attention seemed centered upon their Leader, and though I could see only the profile of his features and his body, I recognized him at once as my Savior! The tint and radiance of his countenance were glorious to behold! There was a peace about him which seemed sublime—it was divine!

“The city, I understood, was his. It was the City Eternal; and the people following him were to abide there in peace and eternal happiness.

“But who were they?

“As if the Savior read my thoughts, he answered by pointing to a semicircle that then appeared above them, and on which were written in gold the words:

“ ‘These Are They Who Have Overcome The World—Who Have Truly Been Born Again!’ ”

(Cherished Experiences from the Writings of President David O. McKay, comp. Clare Middlemiss [Salt Lake City: Deseret Book Co., 1965], p. 102).

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Tadarida

Thanks for the quote.

I guess that I don't understand WHAT about this "vision" provoked such a controvery or conflict for the Church (unless there was some component that did not sink in to me, when I read it...)

It seems like something that any other "Prophet" or "General Authority" might "see" or say, to me!

I am also curious to know whether you, or others who are familiar with this "White City" controversy grew up in Utah (or places close to, or like, Utah), and whether it is possible that this discussion was something rather localized? I did not grow up in Utah--but did live there, and have found that there are many (at lease cultural, but also variants in interpretation of doctrine, and even practices) differences btw what Mormonism looked like on the East Coast, vs. what it looked like in Utah.

I wonder if this controversy occurred BEFORE or AFTER the time that I would have been aware of it (was I not born yet? a little kid? did it happen after I left the Church?. etc...). I would appreciate knowing the time frame, if anyone can provide it.

None of this is really pressing...I just find myself quite curious, as I was a very active, practicing, Mormon for a long time and have no recollection of hearing about anything like this...

Thanks!

Thanks!

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   
It's not just the Mormans. Other organized groups have also suggested 72 hour packs, and just within the last three years too. I now have mine, which I took about 6 months to build. And I still add the odd thing to it.
It consists of a lot of camping type gear. And also a water filtration system & food for 2 weeks. I view this as insurance I hope I never have to use it, but if I do, it will have been worth every penny.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   
SUPPOSEDLY, something horrible is supposed to happen in our country before the end of the year. Some prophecy by Nostradamus or something. While I'm not a proponent of most prophetical information, too many coincidences have happened in the last couple of years to be called coincidences anymore. Nothing should be writ off anymore; everything IS happening for a reason.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 01:28 AM
link   
My grandpa is LDS and his survival stockpiling and what not would be a marvel to a survivalists eyes. He could feed the neighborhood for a while.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Semper fi...we got some work cut out for us and fast...

www.shoutwire.com...

reply to post by USMC-oorah

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 09:46 AM
link   
The Latter-Day Saints are supposed to have a 72 hour survival kit on hand to be prepared. The LDS are not doomsday naysayers, they're just people who believe that luck favors the prepared.
I found this site is helpful: www.alwaysbeprepared.com...

They have 72 hour survival kits there for purchase whether you're a Mormon or not. Imagine if everyone in New Orleans would have had a 72 hour survival kit? Preparedness is about being smart & not believing that the government is going to come to your rescue; Katrina well proved that.

So, if you're a Mormon, the Church mandates you have a 72 hour kit & if you're not, it's still a great idea.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Somewhere in the world there is always a problem where a 72 hour kit might come in handy. The Church has always pushed in being prepared. They started by having a several year supply and found that most members had NO finances for it, could not rotate their items and had no place to store it. The LDS Church has since pushed the 72 hour, and it does make sence. A kit might help in a small local problem, but there are much larger problems around the world, and many people/countries that need much much more than a 72 hour kit. YES several energy bars, vitamines, bottled water, change of cloths, cash, toilet paper, cooking fuel, A full tank in the car. medical supplies along with games and books all make sence all bundled in a easy to carry storage container.
YOU weigh the odds that some day you might need it... verses the cost. BUT YET lets all go camping.... if a big problem does happen a 72 hour kit is just that.... will the Church or even the USA Government (FEMA) be there??? People loose there jobs, homes and retirement income will a 72 hour Kit help????
If the BIG ONE actually happens
Where will you go???? What will you do??? Will it really matter????

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

I don't see any ZCMI garments in that BOB.
y'know, if this were verified through the Mormon church itself, I think I'd pay a tweak of attention to it. I went to college in Utah (well, first round of college), and the Mormons are a tight-knit group. I'm not Mormon, and I never felt ostracized by them, just excluded. Yes, there is a difference. I suppose me calling the church on campus "the Golden Toaster" might've contributed to that. yes, that was rude of me.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
If the BIG ONE actually happens
Where will you go????

Hehehe Canada 3 hours North of Toronto Nice spring fed lake fish and game An abandoned mine shaft next door...

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
Hehehe Canada 3 hours North of Toronto Nice spring fed lake fish and game An abandoned mine shaft next door...

Sounds great! I wish I had found a location like that.
My plan now is flight by means of sea.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join