It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mormon church sends out memo to members last sunday...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by FredT

Scouting, identical to any other Boy Scout group, in integrated into the church and nearly all Mormon boys participate and yes they do all make Eagle as was the case with my Ward. Nothing is different from other Scout Troops however and no Mormon specific things are taught. Had I stuck with those values my life would have been better.

We had better stop before a "Super Moderator" reminds us of the topic
Keep doing your duty

On topic - I'll email some friends and family to see if this is church-wide. I'm mostly out of touch but they could tell me.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   
oops, duplicate post

[edit on 23-4-2008 by shipovfools]

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by coven
reply to post by Blaine91555

Any who interesting to realize that, in my community at least, the Mormon church and the Boy Scouts of America are intertwined.

Not sure what to make of this. I thought BSA was a strictly Christian thing, and as far as I know, Mormons aren't generally considered "Christian" by the other Christ-centric cults. Maybe it would make sense in Salt Lake City, but in Tennessee? Weird. I grew up in Illinois and Michigan where the Boy Scout troops my parents sent me to were run by Lutheran churches. That alone always bothered me...why not just call it a church group instead? But I guess I always figured lots of different "Christian" churches had their own BS troops...just never thought that a whole town would have nothing but Mormons running the troops.

Not that I have anything against the Mormons, aside from the general distrust I have of all organized religion or dogmatic belief system. Now I want to call my cousin and ask him about this urgent message, but we were never close to begin with, and since he converted, he has turned an even colder shoulder to this agnostic "heathen." But my sister just became a Witness so maybe I'll see if she's learned anything at Kinkdom Haul.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Im a catholic man myself, A nun told me once that that the laws of the church were created by men, what goes on between her and her ideas of God was her buisness.
I dont know if the OP wanted this to be a religious thread, but I think the matter at hand was why the july first deadline.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

No, I am not speaking of Mormon compounds. I'm sorry! I was talking about people buying property to house their families from the impending doom that we are expecting. It is getting more and more popular. We are thinking about doing something similar. Like minded people living on the same property for survival and protection.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by shipovfools
Not sure what to make of this. I thought BSA was a strictly Christian thing, and as far as I know, Mormons aren't generally considered "Christian" by the other Christ-centric cults. .

I have heard the same but don't understand why since the official name of the Mormon church is:
The Church Of
Jesus Christ
Of
Latter Day Saints

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Having a 72 hr run quick supply never hurt anyone and could in many instances come in quite handy. However, a point to ponder. Under Hoover the FBI was mostly maned by Mormon's due to reasons listed earlier. I am wondering if there might not still be a strong connection and a possible warning was issued through the FBI to the LDS church leaders.

The general population would not receive any warning other than the "always be prepared". As with the Oklahoma bombing, BATF and the FBI were warned 24 hrs prior. Could this be a similar warning?

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by blimpseeker
All members must have their 72 hour survival kit ready no later than July 1st. They are pushing this one strongly...anyone know what is around the corner?

My original response to this should have been:

"So?"

....and to expand upon that:

This bugs me because it is not unlike these posters we have here at ATS that say we will have a massive UFO flyover on such and such a day. Then when nothing happens we complain about sources and such. The problem is BEFORE that day people entertain that idea that the OP was right and rag on people demanding sources and proof.

Now we have the Mormon church, or maybe just local Mormon churches, sending out the 72hr kit memo with a deadline date of July 1. Why the specific date? What do they know? What are their sources? Why am I supposed to be respectful of an institution, government, corporation, ATS message poster or other individual that makes statements that invoke fear without a legitimate reason for concern?

I have expanded the arguement beyond the Mormon church to illustrate that they are but a piece of the oppressive duck blind that the PTB hide behind. The duck blind is not the problem.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Those who know the facts Vs. what ouir evil media and government has been feeding us should be VERY concerned about the great wrong that has and is being done to these people. Go watch the interview of the 6 members; these are not fast talking cultist; they are simple peoplem barely able to speak up for themselves.

I think what we do and allow to be done to these people and their children are going to bring sever consequences.

How would you feel about havin the "Acursed DPS" come and take your children and interagate them for 10 hours. I am thankful this has not been done to me and mine...bullets and blood would be flowing.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by MajKarma

Totally different church organization but I do agree what they are doing to those kids is wrong.

Well I have my 72hr "Grab and Go" kit ready. Now we'll sit back and see what happens.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

If a Mormon Family lived next door to you, you would not notice any difference from any other family other than maybe less bad behavior.

I feel that it is important to remember that just because you belong to a certain religion does not mean that you are better or worse behaved then anyone else.One thing that has come to light it is that not all religious people are the "Angels" they are made out to be by any means.There are bad people everywhere and just because your a Mormon, Catholic, Christian or Jedi Knight does not make it otherwise.

On another note.

This is a really interesting thread
and i look forward to seeing what becomes of it.
I will keep checking in and i look forward to what transpires.
Hope to find out more .

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   
My personal opinion is that this LDS message was issued because of the impending global food crisis and rationing fears etc.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by whatsup

How would a 72-hour kit really help with rationing and famine? They only hold enough food for 72 hours! Are you trying to say that their church elders are just in a panic because of the news? People who are in positions of power usually have better sources of information than the evening news.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by whatsup

One thing to remember is that this was an area specific warning, not church/global wide

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   
AmethystSD, I thought about that too and agree with you that 72 hours isn't going to accomplish much. However, the food crisis and rationing are well known globally now and so it just seems logical to prepare for it as best as possible. Also, what type of crisis can you come up with that would only have 72 hour repercussions? I can't think of any global crisis that could be this short lived.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by whatsup

Remember that the 72hr is a "grab and go" kit that can sustain you for 72hrs until you can go back home or get somewhere safe. The church also requires its members to keep a one year supply at home.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by shipovfools

They are Christian, hence the name The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Lots of people make that mistake.

The only difference is a doctrinal conflict, mainly with Pentecostal, Charismatic or radical churches. They all like to refer to each other as "Cults" as an insult. Very un-Christian behavior if you know what I mean.

They are not into any rolling around on the floor weirdness or anything, its just their take on the Godhead that is an issue.

On topic-

I've checked with a few members I know and they have received no such directive. They all thought it was weird as they are already required to keep food and goods stored as a member. I've been away from that church for 30 years but from talking to them nothing has changed. Most have years of food put away. Perhaps this info came from an inactive person or a new member? The people I'm contacting are life long Mormons and live in Utah near it's heart.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by blimpseeker
reply to post by whatsup

One thing to remember is that this was an area specific warning, not church/global wide

That makes sense as those I'm contacting I grew up with in the church and they have no idea why they would need this or where the directive came from. They are like the home I grew up in that they all have at least a three year supply of food and goods already.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Omega85

You completely mis-interpreted my remark. My apologies. I should have worded it better. I now attend a fairly mainstream Protestant Church when I attend. I'm no longer a Mormon. It's just that so many people lie about them it gets obnoxious. Nearly everything in print about them is laced with lies and they are good people who don't deserve the persecution. They are used to it though.

I was thinking of the all Mormon neighborhood I grew up in, as compared to the places I've lived recently. I never saw a gang fight or kids on the corner dealing like I do now in the upper middle class neighborhood my home is in now. Small Mormon towns are virtually crime free in fact. Their communities are different in that regard. Nothing to do with religions. In fact more to do with the lack of it.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   
First off as a member of the Vancouver 3rd Ward I did not hear about that. And since any message sent out by the Prophet Thomas Spencer Monson is to all the members of the church, it would have been read out by the Presiding Bishop during Sacrament Meeting. Secondly my parents are member of the Coquitlam ward and they did not here anything either. So are you implying a major church conspiracy.
And I never heard about the White City Prophecy so explain in great detail so I know you actually know what you are talking about.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join