It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mormon church sends out memo to members last sunday...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 11:05 PM
link   
All members must have their 72 hour survival kit ready no later than July 1st. They are pushing this one strongly...anyone know what is around the corner?

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 11:09 PM
link   
They are probably suspecting the the Great Tribulation has started. I have news for them - I believe we are already well into it!

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Where do I get one of them fancy underwear suits? I don't want to be embarrassed in heaven.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 11:18 PM
link   
72 hours huh? So we need a jug of water and some energy bars? I'm smelling something fishy here. What on earth would prompt them so require this?

[edit on 22-4-2008 by kleverone]

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by kleverone
72 hours huh? So we need a jug of water and some energy bars? I'm smelling something fishy here. What on earth would prompt them so require this?

[edit on 22-4-2008 by kleverone]

it also includes cash and clothing. they want you to have a 72 hr kit that you can grab and go in a hurry in case you have to evacuate.
they also want you to have one year worth of supplies at home in case you have to provide for your family when supplies are limited or non existant.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by blimpseeker
it also includes cash and clothing. they want you to have a 72 hr kit that you can grab and go in a hurry in case you have to evacuate.
they also want you to have one year worth of supplies at home in case you have to provide for your family when supplies are limited or non existant.

Hmmm. Very Interesting. Is this all the churches that are pushing this or yours in particular?

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Scroogle it. LDS has been pushing this for a very long time, they even include reminders in yearly newsletters, etc. Not unusual in that respect but did the letter give any specifics?

www.alwaysbeprepared.com...

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by kleverone

Every member worldwide is supposed to keep these kits but this is the first time they have ever given a definite "must have" deadline.
I know for sure the "must have by July 1st" memo went out to everyone in Louisiana just from talking to people I know all over the state. I was kinda hoping other members from other states would say they also got the memo. If not I think I will start worrying.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by blimpseeker

They are also used for hurricane preparedness. Louisiana has hurricanes. The season starts in June but doesn't blow up until August usually. GO Tigers!

I'd like to see the letter,

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack

They are also used for hurricane preparedness. Louisiana has hurricanes. The season starts in June but doesn't blow up until August usually. GO Tigers!

I'd like to see the letter,

The letter was read out loud in Sacrament meeting.
We have hurricane season every year and even when Katrina and Rita hit they didn't push it this hard or give a definite date deadline. Besides we are in North Louisiana and hurricanes don't bother us any...I have sinking feeling about this one.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Odd, very odd indeed.

What about here on the West Coast?

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by blimpseeker
reply to post by kleverone

Every member worldwide is supposed to keep these kits but this is the first time they have ever given a definite "must have" deadline.
I know for sure the "must have by July 1st" memo went out to everyone in Louisiana just from talking to people I know all over the state. I was kinda hoping other members from other states would say they also got the memo. If not I think I will start worrying.

I confess my ignorance of your faith, so if what I am about to suggest is offensive, taboo, or even "Simply Not Done (considered disrespectful)" please forgive me.

Would it be possible to inquire of the Church's Elders as to the reason such a date specific command was issued?

Perhaps a respected member of the Church heirarchy has had a specific "vision" or received an urgent "message" regarding events soon to occur?

Such preparations would always seem prudent, but I defer to your experience wherein a dramatic change in tenor comes so "Out of the Blue".

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 02:04 AM
link   
I suppose the other important question is, as someone mentioned, did members in other states receive such a memo or have anything read aloud to them? Also, could such a memo/statement be allowed to be made in certain area but not others? In other words, can individual groups within the religion make such announcements? Also, if a memo does exist, can any members who have one, scan it to show it to everyone here?

[edit on 4/23/2008 by trek315]

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 02:16 AM
link   
They're probably just reading the writing on the wall. U.S. is a sinking ship, they must be expecting the plunge to occur soon.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 02:40 AM
link   
I'm a Mormon, and I never heard any such letter last Sunday, but I wouldn't be surprised if they do it next week. Maybe the mail was late :p I'm also in Canada, so if it was a local or American thing, that could also explain why we didn't hear it here.

And yeah, the Mormon leaders have advised keeping 72-hour kits and a supply of food, just in case you need it. You never know when you might lose your job and need a cache of food or something like that. I am a little surprised at the specific date though, that isn't typical.

My guess for the announcement is one of the following:
1) They suspect something is coming, for instance, that the rising food prices/shortages in some places might get much worse.
2) They think that not enough people have these kits and want to drive the point home for people to get them, and not be caught with their pants down in a crisis.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 02:58 AM
link   
For the OP:

Hey blimpseeker....

Which Sunday did this announcement happen? can you give me the date it was read out?

We didn't hear anything over here... mind you I'm in NZ. But I know they have been pushing us to get our 72 hour packs ready for the past couple of years....

For other posters:

Usually when a letter from the Presidency is sent to be read out at all meetings it is always to be taken seriously. Though I have only found out on here about it... But I will be talking to others about it to see why... It could be for one particular area maybe? But I'm just guessing...
They have never specified a date before (that I know of)... I find this particularly interesting!?!?!

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Well FEMA suggests that every household have 72 hours worth of supplies in case of an emergency already. But I'm interested to see where else the alert was sent tough. It may just be to curb a food crisis during a hurricane though; I mean, wouldn't you rather have the food on hand rather than fight for it before the hurricane hits?

The Superdome refugees were all encouraged to bring their own supplies but even with that they only had enough REMs to feed 15,000 for 72 hours. Of course the number eclipsed 20,000 and they were stuck with no water purification equipment on site, no chemical toilets, no anti-biotics and no anti-diarrheals... Stock up friend.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Well 72 hrs means they won't be gone for long...practice?????

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Wall Street is going down & your Depresion is well under way..

I mean a 3 year old could tell that.

9 months ago the AU dollar was 40c behind the US Dollar.

Now their nearly neck & neck.

Bad times in store for u guys.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Bhadhidar

We are supposed to go to our immediate church leaders concerning questions regarding situations such as this. I asked our Bishop who is the person that read the letter and they did not tell him why the July 1st date.
He said that they made it ver clear to get the word out and to "get it done"

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join