It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Moon Landing Hoax

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by freight tomsen

Originally posted by Rock Ape
And I love the story of how Buzz Aldrin smashed that guy in the face, when he called him a liar and said the landings were a fake..

It's not a "story" it's on YouTube if you want to see it. Then there's the banquet in which he was asked to give a speech regarding what it felt like to step onto the lunar surface. Aldrin stood up speechless for a second, started crying, and ran out of the room. This is how liars controlled by Masonic blood-oaths act.

Buzz Aldrin did indeed punch Bart Sibrel in the face. And good on him too imo

news.bbc.co.uk...

As for the rest ..... well, how would anyone know how a liar controlled by Masonic blood-oaths act - unless he were one himself?

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Essan

Bart Sibrel IS an ass, and should have been punched!! He's about as valid as any of the other nutjobs out there....especially the whacko who tried to prove Apollo a hoax by building a box, with a rubber glove attached, vacuuming out the air and noting that he couldn't bend his fingers....! His assertion is, of course, that the space suits would not be viable....despite the fact that we see people in EVA on every space shuttle mission!!

His 'demonstration' is invalid, and stupid, because he performed it in Earth's atmosphere, at about 14.7psi. The EVA suits were, and are, pressurized to about 3....that's THREE...psi.

If people would just take the time to learn the science of aerospace, they wouldn't keep coming up with, and believing in, nonsense about spaceflight. It is astonishing how little most people know about science! (I am speaking, here, from a particular America-centered view...I think most other Western countries produce better science-educated citizens).

When it comes to matters of space, and spaceflight, most people cannot comprehend, since it is so foreign to their terrestrial experience.

We grow up, and indeed, millions of years of evolution have adapted us to our environment, here on Earth....where we define one Earth's gravity, or 'G' as an acceleration of 9.8 metres/sec/sec. The average person has no idea what it feels like to be 'weightless'...more correct term is 'micro-gravity'.

Since I know how to fly, I can simulated the 'weightless' feeling, just for a few seconds, in an airplane. NASA uses a jet, on a parabolic arc, to simulate the 'weightless' environment for about 35-45 seconds at a time. It's been dubbed the 'Vomit Comet' for good reason. The nausea will pass, with acclimation....

The 'Hoax' believers have resorted to many, many silly arguments....one floating around (no pun intended) is that the 'round' Earth was photographed through a round window in the Apollo CM, implying that the frame of the window provided the round shap, from LEO (low earth orbit). That is clearly a lie, since you can see the continents and cloud formations on the entire globe. AND, while there IS (was) one round porthole on the CM....the only one was in the hatch, and it was, maybe, 9 inches in diameter.

THEN, the CTers said, "It was a transparency, a picture of the Earth, held up to the window". Oh, come on....you can clearly see, in videos, that what is in the window is at a sufficient distance, as the camera moves around....the Earth is at 'infinity', while the interior of the spacecraft is very near. It's as if none of the CTers realize that we all know how to use a video camera!!!!

All of this, the foregoing, was nonsense to support the CT claim that the VA Belts were so deadly, they couldn't be crossed by humans....because they had to cling to that false science in order to support their stupid beliefs.

As I said....it boils down to a serious lack of basic science knowledge in general, and aerospace science in particular. AND, I'm afraid, it seems to be mostly in the purview of the younger generation....those who were born AFTER Apollo, and just can't understand it, since they didn't live through it. Second to that, is.....I have to blame Hollywood, a little....popular science fiction commonly break the laws of physics and science in order to tell the story. This, I think, adds to the confusion.

WW

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by _Del_

Damn...ya got me. Aaaaarhg....

Does that mean I get to be a disinfo agent, too? Pretty please?

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

I dub thee "Double U" Agent of the Great Oceanic Aviator Order, Spreader of Logic and Common Sense. Go and sin no more...

[edit on 30-4-2008 by _Del_]

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by _Del_

I will second that motion, since I am the 'High Pubah'

Now, your are anointed, 'seagull', as the 'HIGH BirdMan, Extraodinaire'

From now on, your secret, in guild name, is BirdMan. Keep it secret, on pain of death.

What's more, we have elevated (no pun) you to level of 'HIGH', based on your superior performance, before this board. (hint) ...you are in the club. NOW, pay your dues!!!

kidding....

Sheesh...maybe I should start my own club....I'll call it the 'Fallen Eagles' (trademark pending, so don't even THINK about stealing my idea!!)

The 'Eagles' (trademark pending, see above warning) will battle the Masons....hey! We could make a movie out of it! (....I'm copywriting that idea now, so don't get in my way!!!!)

back on point.....all of these ideas (hate to break the fourth wall, as they say in the theatre biz) all of these ideas aren't very far from what many conspiracy theorists imagine.....

Folks, Apollo was REAL! Those heroes should be accalaimed, not defamed!

AND when I say 'hero'....I speak not only of the Astronauts, I speak about the thousands that supported them....they are all heroes.

Yes, the twelve men who actually went all the way to the landing on the Moon....they risked their lives. But, wouldn't you? Given the chance? I know I would have.

BUT, we can't discount the others.....so much focus on twelve who landed....After the original 'seven', as Mercury was being developed, many more came into the program.

When it came to the Moon missions, in Apollo.....everyone had a part to contribute, as the Mision defined. Focus is always on those twelve who landed....but they were all Astronauts, and speciallized in their mission.

That's why ALL of them are heroes.....IMHO

WW

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Thanks so much...I will attempt to be worthy.

Those men are heros in every sense of the word, as are the ones, men and women both, who do so today as well. Not just the Americans, either. The Soviets cosmonauts too are heros worthy of admiration and respect. These are men that I grew up admiring ever since that day I crouched in front of a black and white TV and watched the "giant step for mankind" unfold on the screen.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
Thanks so much...I will attempt to be worthy.

Those men are heros in every sense of the word, as are the ones, men and women both, who do so today as well. Not just the Americans, either. The Soviets cosmonauts too are heros worthy of admiration and respect. These are men that I grew up admiring ever since that day I crouched in front of a black and white TV and watched the "giant step for mankind" unfold on the screen.

And that is also the reason that people are so defensive when they are told that (parts of) the apollo story is fake. You are not alloud to interfere in their nice youth-memories.

Please stay critical seagull, your past may not be allways what it looked like. I think most people realize becoming older that not allways they were told the (whole) truth.

I was 2,5 years old when they say that they went to the moon. I wasn´t enthausiastic....and believing now (the last years, because of 9/11) that they were faked....I understand the feelings that i had as a child.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   
And let me add :

It's remarkable that I mostly see agressive reactions from moonfake-debunkers (punch in the face...haha) and not from investigaters who are trying to find the truth........they are mostly disapointed in the lies they were told by their government, I think.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   
You talk about aggresive behavior like punching good ole Bert in the face. How would YOU react if you and your fellow astronauts were stalked, at the place you work, at home, and finally when you are trying to have a quiet lunch with your niece. Siebrel marched up to him, when he was leaving lunch with his niece, and DEMANDED that he put his hand on a bible and swear that he was on the moon. This is after MONTHS, or even YEARS of stalking the astronaut corps. He used all kinds of deceptive means to get into their workplace, and demand they talk to him, and was very hostile to all of them.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
You talk about aggresive behavior like punching good ole Bert in the face. How would YOU react if you and your fellow astronauts were stalked, at the place you work, at home, and finally when you are trying to have a quiet lunch with your niece. Siebrel marched up to him, when he was leaving lunch with his niece, and DEMANDED that he put his hand on a bible and swear that he was on the moon. This is after MONTHS, or even YEARS of stalking the astronaut corps. He used all kinds of deceptive means to get into their workplace, and demand they talk to him, and was very hostile to all of them.

Thank you...i've seen it.

The astronauts themselves were not open........that's known history.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Yeah, you've seen the vid, have you bothered to read any of the other crap Bert pulled? Or have you already decided that you're right, and we're all wrong? I don't blame him one bit for punching Bert.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Yeah, you've seen the vid, have you bothered to read any of the other crap Bert pulled? Or have you already decided that you're right, and we're all wrong? I don't blame him one bit for punching Bert.

I know you don't blame him....that's what i said.

Do you believe if i say that i don't like punching Aldrin in the face because of me thinking him lying ?

And yes, i have seen a lot of NASA footage.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 10:46 PM
link   

He wasn't stalked. And how would I react? I would not punch him, I would put my hand on the Bible, say I'd been to the Moon, and be done with it. How would I react at that banquet when asked what it felt like to step onto the lunar surface? I would not run off crying, I would say what it felt like when I stepped onto the lunar surface.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by freight tomsen

ft.....you repeat BS, about Aldrin. This story of his crying, and running away from a luncheon...Instead of being shill for the idiots who believe this crap, try to show proof!

I am tired of hearing you parrot baloney from others....look it up for yourself....you'll be surprised.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by webstra

Ah, thanks so much Webstra. It's been a long time since I've been called naive.

Has it occurred to you that I've read the same so called evidence of a hoax that you and the other hoax advocates site? I quite simply think its all a load of horse poo. Bad science, and in the case of this thread...bad science coupled with poisonous hatred of a group of people that the OP has little to no knowledge of.

I read these posts and I see no evidence sited, no new proofs, nothing but the same tired rhetorical nonsense. You want to convince me that the moon landing program was faked, you're going to have to try much harder and bring something resembling proof. Bad rhetorical flourishes won't do it.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by freight tomsen

He wasn't? Who are you to say that he wasn't?

He is certainly a publicity hound. He has been known to stake out Apollo astronauts and then leap out, asking them to swear on a Bible that they did indeed walk on the Moon. Why would he do this? If they do swear, what does he say? Apparently nothing, because Apollo 14 astronaut Edgar Mitchell says he did indeed swear on a Bible for Mr. Sibrel, yet there is no mention of this in Mr. Sibrel's website or video. And if they don't swear, of course, he can claim it's because they are liars.

www.badastronomy.com...

Sibrel has no qualifications or experience that makes his opinions count for anything. He's an 'investigative journalist' (his description, not mine) who makes a living out of making videos, and stalking the Apollo astronauts. Sibrel claims on his site that the Apollo astronauts refuse to give interviews to anybody, thereby proving they have something to hide. Sibrel says "Neil Armstrong, the first man to supposedly walk on the moon, refuses to give interviews to anyone on the subject. 'Ask me no questions, and I'll tell you no lies.' Collins also refuses to be interviewed. Aldrin, who granted an interview, threatened to sue us if we showed it to anyone." The truth is the Apollo astronauts usually refuse to give interviews to conspiracy theorists. Most of the Apollo astronauts know who Bart Sibrel is and how he makes his living, and most avoid him whenever possible. This is why Sibrel has had to resort to "ambush" and other deceptive tactics such as posing as a crew from Discovery Channel in order to get on-camera comments from astronauts. Armstrong is likely the reason Sibrel was fired from his job as a cameraman for a Nashville, Tenn., television station. Sibrel was arrested for trespassing on Armstrong's property after Armstrong refused to grant him an interview. Would you grant more interviews to an idiot that kept calling you a liar and kept coming out with nonsensical and false accusations based on nothing more than a twisted and fertile imagination and without a single supporting fact to back it up? I think not!

www.thekeyboard.org.uk...

Aldrin's lawyer, Robert O'Brien, said the next day that the 6-foot-2, 250-pound Sibrel forced Aldrin up against a wall and refused to let him leave, so Aldrin launched the punch in self-defense. (On Sept. 21, the Los Angeles County district attorney's office announced it would not file charges against Aldrin, saying that he had been provoked into hitting Sibrel.)

www.sptimes.com...

Sibrel was arrested for trespassing on Neil Armstrong's property. In 2002, he lured Buzz Aldrin to a Beverly Hills hotel under the false pretense that he was to be interviewed for a Japanese children's show on space, and accosted him, insisting that he place his hand on a Bible and swear that he walked on the moon. Aldrin punched Sibrel in the jaw: Sibrel's reaction was "Is that on tape?" Sibrel used the tape to try to convince the police that Sibrel rather than Aldrin was the victim of an assault. No charges were brought, as public opinion was overwhelmingly in Aldrin's favor. Aldrin's lawyer, Robert O'Brien, claims Sibrel has been stalking many former Apollo astronauts, including Neil Armstrong, Alan BeanAlan Bean (born March 15, 1932) is a former NASA Astronaut. He graduated from Paschal High School in Fort Worth, Texas; received a bachelor of science degree in aeronautical engineering from the University of Texas in 1955 was awarded an honorary doctorat, and Al WordenAlfred Merrill Worden (born February 7, 1932) is an American astronaut who was the command module pilot for the Apollo 15 moon mission in July-August 1971. The son of Merrill and Helen Worden, he was born in Jackson, Michigan. Education Attended Dibble, G. Lois Aldrin , referring to an earlier encounter, added, "He said things I can't repeat. He was not a nice man, and it really upset Buzz a lot."

www.economicexpert.com...:Sibrel.htm

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
reply to post by webstra

Ah, thanks so much Webstra. It's been a long time since I've been called naive.

I don't think i used the word naive, but when you said it, it's indeed the best way to put it.

I alway's say : you never too old to learn

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by webstra

Fairly obvious that you missed the sarcasm aspect of my reply...

The evidence of a moonlanding happening is only blindingly obvious to anyone with eyes to see with, and ears to listen with, and more than two brain cells to rub together to form a coherent thought.

The moonlanding hoax, on the otherhand...is foolishness writ large. I've looked at the so called evidence on a number of occasions and each time am less and less impressed by the psuedoscientific claptrap passed off as evidence.

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Mr. Sibrel "stalked" Buzz Aldrin as much as Mr. Rudowski from www.wearechange.org "stalks" political figures trying to ask them real questions. It's not stalking, it's good journalism, the likes of which is rarely seen in our "free" press. Mr. Sibrel even took one for the team to cover that story.

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Insomniac
What an odd thread! It started off as a discussion about faked moon landings, then stopped off midway as the OP went on a paranoid tyraid calling everybody who disagreed with him 'agents' and masons.

Anyway, to get back on topic, I suggest the OP checks the science of the Van Allen Belts and he will discover that the debunkers who use this as evidence are just plain wrong.

Here’s a helpful link…

www.clavius.org...

Must dash now, I'm late for a lodge meeting.

Insomniac
somn a
mason

and he mentions a lodge meeting! !!

aaargh, theyre everywhere theyre everywhere.

wheres my white coat, theyre expecting me at the loony bin.

[edit on 8/5/08 by Obliv_au]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join