It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seahawks cut ties with all-time leading rusher Alexander

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Well times in the NFL sure are a changin.
I actually thought Shaun would have retired as a Seahawk.
I didnt see this coming.

(NFL.com)-KIRKLAND, Wash. -- The Seattle Seahawks released former MVP Shaun Alexander, just 26 months after he signed a $62 million contract as the franchise's cornerstone.

Seahawks president Tim Ruskell said Tuesday the team released Alexander unconditionally hours after the running back passed a physical. It's been a rapid fall for the 30-year-old. When he signed that mammoth deal, he was coming off an MVP season in 2005 and a Super Bowl appearance. Now he's looking for work, coming off of two unimpressive and injury filled seasons.

www.nfl.com...;jsessionid=6FCD0BBDE62AB9CA25523320C76C55FD?id=09000d5d807e8d82&template=with-video&confirm=true

Full story here
www.nfl.com...;jsessionid=6FCD0BBDE62AB9CA25523320C76C55FD?id=09000d5d807e8d82&template=with-video&confirm=true

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   
This headline caught me off guard. He's not more than a couple seasons out from being the MVP of the league and shredding the record books. It just goes to show how quick things can turn and how short some careers can be. Football is the one game that I don't fault a guy for holding out for more money. When your next play can be the end of your career in the blink of an eye, you need to look out for the one's who are eating the food you put on the table.

Now with that said, I think guys need to put a few years in and put up some numbers first.

When some punk kid out of Notre Dame gets passed over by almost everyone, and is finally saved by a team that past on him once, and he has the gall to hold out for more money in his rookie season.. I think that's ridiculous.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Was this guy on the Jucie???

There are many big names from the year 2003-2005 who just dropped off Sports Radar, or went from good to Horrible.

S. Alexander was horrible last year, Fantasy Footballers know that for sure, but by the end of the Year, the Seahawks looked 100% better with Maurice Morris in instead of Alexander...

So Alexander is on my list of Guys who i think could have been on steriods, or performence enhanceing Drugs...

Im not sure if he plays in the leauge again, nevermind at a high level...

Hes at that age when RB's become worthless, and he REALY looked bad last year...

We will see how the draft goes... mabye he will be picked up by some Desperate team... like the Texans... didn't Ron Dayne play last year for the Texans... yea, this might be an upgrade over him...

We will examine Alexander in a couple weeks from now, after the draft...

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by TKainZero

So Alexander is on my list of Guys who i think could have been on steriods, or performence enhanceing Drugs...

Im not sure if he plays in the leauge again, nevermind at a high level...

Seahawks fan here. I don't think Alexander was on steriods. He was always the "nice guy" who would even slide sometimes to avoid contact. Yeah he was good when Steve Hutchinson and Walter Jones were in their prime on left side of line. He had better explosive step and people hadn't analyzed him well.. he was getting a lot of 20+ yard runs from cutting back. Once they started watching for the cutback, Hutchinson signed with Vikings, and he lost 1/2 step and his game was done.

We owe him our thanks here in Seattle. I remember when Watters first faded and Alexander took over.. seems those days finally caught up to Alexander too.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I love Alexander too, he Won me a Fantasy footbal Champsionship the year he Broke out, him and David Boston won me the Champ that year, and you know what happen to Daivd boston...

well, if you dont, he got caught the next year for Steroid, or some perforemece enchancer, and from that point, he suddenly became 'less-ripped' and couldnt dominate the game anymore, or even make a nfl Roster the last 2 years...

There are alot of guys that we need to look back on over the last 15 years or so, and ask, did they get better overnight because of hard work? Or hard Science and drugs?

Some guys, even if their on your fav team, you have got to look like. Like Eric Gange in Baseball, for 2 years he was ligths out, set the MLB record for consecutive saves, while acting like a complete lunitic, and not washing/changing his hat for almost 2 years...

So after Jose Conseco starts talking, and stoeriods come to everyones attention, Gange starts to stink, and blows save after save, before getting hurt, and then let go by the Dodgers... then a few teams sign him, let him suck.., and then let him go, then he prompltly signs in with the Brewers for $10 million a year, and a week late his name is in the mitchel report as reciving steriod, RIGHT when he was tearing it up with the Dodgers...

There are some guys, that since the early '90s or mid '90s that might not be clean... Even my favorite Baseball player EVER, Mike Piazza, i think could have been on the Jucie... not that many 72nd round picks become the Greatest HR hitters at thier position...

I think that there is WAY more to steriods then we want to talk about... Remember the year the Panthers went to the SUper Bowl... Remember thier punter that year, he was Busted for Steriods... i mean, come on, you think the Punter was the only one... on a team that stunk, but all of a sudden, goes 14-2 en route to the superbowl... where NE Coach Probaly SPygated him... but just to counter the roids...

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   
As a new NFL season begins, Alexander STILL regains a FREE AGENT...

Dude fell off the face of the earth...

new topics

top topics

join