It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Brussels has wiped England and the English Channel off the map

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   
These new borders look like population control, when you cross these borders will you need a passport?

Seems like a way to be able to ask to read your chip frequently and control the flow of people knowing exactly where you are all the time.

Good luck S_G

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Very brilliant addition to ATS. Will comment later, have no time for a couple days.

However, in the Esoteric Agenda video (I believe) it was mentioned that W.Bush (representing the U.S.) signed an agreement with Canada and Mexico to create a new U.S./Canada/Mexico currently to economically merge the three areas. ( I don't recall if the movie said the national borders or just the economic borders would merge.) THIS IS WHY WE NEED AN ATS NEWS SERVICE to inform the mainstream of groups of articles THEY published ... because of course, working people are on our side ... once they see the big picture.

Similarly new oil-currencies and/or oil bourses (central banks) are popping up in Iran; the islands off Saudi Arabia; Saudi Arabia, as well to create add'l 'new financial-i.e.-territorial' boundaries of economic control.

I will return to this reply later and supply urls. No time now. Just wanted to get onboard.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Might be ok for those of us who want independance for gods own County

Viva Yorkshire, viva the revolution

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
More and more each day the EU is becoming one nation, erasing rights, national border and history. The UK should just stick with the US, but maybe that's just the American in me talking.

The EU is actually just like America in 1776 .. now they are moving to the 1880's of our history, where a centralized government really takes control and consolidated.

I would advise our British friends to forget the EU, its destructive.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

By the way, why hand Wales to Ireland, but not North Ireland to Ireland?

And um, how do the Welsh feel about being gifted to the Irish?

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   
This is a test reply to your post. I replied a few minutes ago and it didn't show up in the 'General Conspiracy' forum. I understand the orig post to be in the 'General' forum -- apparently that is different from the 'General Conspiracy' forum'.

So, I'm posting this to see if it, indeed shows up in the 'General Conspiracy' column. If it doesn't, Stumason, please note I've referenced your posting's url in the 'General Conspiracy' column.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
LMAO

One of the papers coming out first with this story is, The SUN. Those who live in the UK do know how this newspaper likes to stir, exagerates with headers and is all about sensation. It thrives on sensation.

I can't believe some of you are actually falling for it.

The map, shown in The Daily Mail, is a map used by Espace Manche Development Initiative (EMDI) , a French - British project not in order to take over the UK but to work more together, work more efficient etc.
Head of it, a Brit. No Dane, Belgian, Frenchie, whatever.

So yes, it is to increase "Europe" , but no its not to assimilate you guys.

Also, the Daily Mail and The Sun, are atlease outside UK known for their Anti European feelings. Their right of course. But they shouldnt scare you with such made up stories.

And Belgium, well, being from there, the Belgian Government has already troubles to keep Belgium together, let alone they are making plans to divide UK lol.

www.nweurope.org...

Also, this is not "Brussels" deciding it. When decisions are made on European level, then these are made by people from different countries. Me and my fellow Belgians do not have anything to say in it.
So your title is quite sensational but not holding truth and misleading.
Other than that, a good laugh, thanks for posting.
[edit on 23-4-2008 by Drozla]

[edit on 23-4-2008 by Drozla]

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Drozla

Forget it - the nationalists (and one Yorkshire-ist
) have already got their claws into this one. It gives anyone who wants to something to scream about to feel justified about their xenophobia. "LOOK! SEE! Europe is walking ALL OVER the UK!"

This is a complete non-story, designed to get the exact-same reaction as we're seeing here. Job done.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   
True, but is that not a good thing. has it not brought out the patriotism in at least a few people here where before it may not have been seen.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more;
Or close the wall up with our English dead.
In peace there's nothing so becomes a man
As modest stillness and humility:
But when the blast of war blows in our ears,
Then imitate the action of the tiger;
Stiffen the sinews, summon up the blood,
Disguise fair nature with hard-favour'd rage;
Then lend the eye a terrible aspect;
Let pry through the portage of the head
Like the brass cannon; let the brow o'erwhelm it
As fearfully as doth a galled rock
O'erhang and jutty his confounded base,
Swill'd with the wild and wasteful ocean.
Now set the teeth and stretch the nostril wide,
Hold hard the breath and bend up every spirit
To his full height. On, on, you noblest English.
Whose blood is fet from fathers of war-proof!
Fathers that, like so many Alexanders,
Have in these parts from morn till even fought
And sheathed their swords for lack of argument:
Dishonour not your mothers; now attest
That those whom you call'd fathers did beget you.
Be copy now to men of grosser blood,
And teach them how to war. And you, good yeoman,
Whose limbs were made in England, show us here
The mettle of your pasture; let us swear
That you are worth your breeding; which I doubt not;
For there is none of you so mean and base,
That hath not noble lustre in your eyes.
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

King Henry V, Act 3, Scene 1; William Shakespeare (1564 - 1616)

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by expatwhite

Now that's an interesting idea... and we could annex Lancashire too, in (belated) revenge for the Wars of the Roses!

I agree this has been overblown by the press, especially the tabloids (as usual). It seems even the Telegraph have jumped on this one without doing a bit of research.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I'm all for the EEC - economic ties with Europe. But I draw the line on social and political rule from Brussels.

Also the European Court of Human Rights has a lot to answer for with regards to INCREASES in crime and petty claims often brought about by the perpetrators of crimes.

I would be happy with a reduction in the amount of control Europe has over the UK. Sometimes it is annoying that someone several hundred miles away in London is making decisions that affect local matters, it is even worse when someone in another country is doing it.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Ooh la la to be ruled by the froggies then.

Ok out goes the soap and deodorant and in comes the snidey chatter and total no or is that non cooperation, that should make us more frenchie

Politicians just don't understand what is right there in front of their money grabbing faces, "The United Kingdom", keep this fair and green sceptered isle a United Kingdom and we shall be just jolly, who needs Europe, well Europe and thats about it.

English and proud, but I do know a little French and I say NON

Wolfie

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   
This isn't new news. The article I read approximately 1 year ago split the U.K into 9 administrative EU regions. Some information about the EU and the Lisbon "Treaty" can be found at the websites listed below.

Free Europe

EU Truth

The Lisbon Treaty is due to receive royal assent in June 2008. When it does, the U.K will cease to exist as a sovereign nation (nation meaning here, group).

The second link listed above has some very interesting PDF's listed on its left hand side. Take a look at the maps.

Take a look at the Euro/Pound relationship. I will make two wages of reputation here, 1 is that the Pound and Euro will be approximately equally valued by June/July 2008; 2, The Euro will be legal tender within the U.K before 2009 (along side Sterling not in place of it).

Personally, I like Europe and favour EU integration. I don't like that the people of the european nations are not being given a say on the level of integration (if any) nor either the pace and type of integration. I prefer people to be free to move between nations without fear from others; but I don't like the movement of freeloaders (leaches) who rape their welcoming nation of resources and mock its people. I don't think we're emotionally ready for full integration - there's too much jealousy and spite, envy and gluttony. Too many people are stuck with the opinions of others because they can't be bothered to develop there own (How many times have you heard someone say, "I vote XYZ because my parents and grandparents voted XYZ."? Sad, isn't it.)

We need to make ourselves heard by our politicians regardless of our own feelings about european integration. Every natural member of each EU nation's populace above the age of 21+ (excluding first generation immigrants) should be legally compelled to vote in a referendum to decide the rate, level and type of relationship that that nation should have with any united Europe. I excluded first generation immigrants because they might have duel interests and would likely not understand the issues in question as they would be considered by the people raised within the nation by people of the nation.

[edit on 23/4/08 by Rapacity]

[edit on 23/4/08 by Rapacity]

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Rapacity

Seems a bit rough that first generation immigrants can't vote in this referendum of yours.

The first wave of mass immigration to the UK was from the Caribbean in the late 1940's ... so someone who's lived here the best part of 60 years can't vote ? But they can work their guts out, pay taxes & raise a family here ...

And legally forced to vote ? Controversial ... what sanctions would you impose against those who can't be bothered ? And only 21 or over ? Disenfranchising 18-21 year olds is just soooo going to get them interested in the political system ...

I don't buy your sovereignty argument either. In England & Wales sovereignty is vested in Parliament and while they have the ability to pass an Act repealing our membership of the EU we've nothing to worry about. Sovereignty in Scotland is vested in the people ... we can vote ourselves anything we like if we could ever be arsed ...

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Sometimes, it is hard for an American to understand England, and the Brittish isles, and Ierland... in addation to Euopean polotics...

The relationship between the Brittish, Scottish, Welsh, and Irish, all confinded to a small region of a couple isles... Uncomparable in the American World.

Europes fight against the Brittish Isles... for near 2000 years... on and off... in the past with military fights, recently with legislative attacks...

The Creation of the United States of America and the European Union are in no way similar.

After the point which the USA kicked out the Brittish and became Americans, it was the birth of a new nation on a new world.

Europe has been fighting each other for 2500 years... and only recently stopped(paused) killing each other after WWII...

In the United States we are ruled by a city that can be over 3000 miles away from half its population, and even further for Alaska/Hawaii. Even in my state California, you can live 400+ Miles from the Capital City.

If all of Europe is to unite, it will have to be on good terms, not tearing places apart.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I figure if we're all going to be giving up independences with the NAU and EU respectively why not at least make this a strong union? Instead of having a rivalry between a European Union and a North American Union we might as well just consolidate those two. I figure the map would look pretty similar to NATO, which wouldn't be too bad considering our history of cooperation in military affairs. I don't see why we couldn't simply cooperate on economic issues as well.

I say so long as all of our rights are protected by a Bill of Rights and a representative democracy rather than an unelected group it might not be such a bad thing. But that's only if we're all going to be up for giving up our rights to larger supernations. In the meantime I'd advise the UK to stay out of the EU until the EU is an actual democracy rather than being made up of democracies.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by TKainZero

It wasn't the USA who kicked out the British ... it was the British who kicked out the British. It was a colony, after all, King & Country and all that ... folks didn't wake up one morning and say "gee shucks let's become Americans, freedom fries for all" ... a year before independence the guys who signed that Declaration had their tongues so far up the King's nether regions only their little tootsie-toes could be seen.

And if it hadn't been for some cackhanded British administration the USA would be a colony still. Or a Dominion. Or perhaps even a sovereign state in its own right ... but with HMQ residing in the White House and her blessed visage on all the dollar bills.

You could still join the Commonwealth, you know ... it'd make sense ... the English speaking nations hanging tight together ...

The Irish kicked out the British ... but they were British. And the Scots, who are also British, will do the same too. And with every colonial loss Britain is diminished. Couple of generations and there'll be no Brits left & I hope I live to see that day.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Yikes! Remember folks, the Germans really really hate it when borders start changing. If anything like this actually happens the fatherland will go super nationalist overnight all over again! Id say I wouldnt blame them for locking down their borders but its just that whole Germany starting BOTH world wars and the whole genocide thing....

Remember folks, common currencies are fine but plans of re drawing borders like this has always resulted in european bloodbaths of biblical proportions!

Germany is the one european country that will never accept re mapping like this. EVER!

It seems somebody in the EU has their own version of PNAC....it WONT work!

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Ste2652

Guns didn't help the people in Waco stop the government pushing them around, did they? In fact, didn't they make it worse for them because they had guns?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you're talking about David Koresh here right? I don't know if any of this splitting up England business is true or not, but if it is: I think there is a pretty big difference between people trying to fight for their freedom and a bunch of religious fanatics being brainwashed by a psycho.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join