It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Brussels has wiped England and the English Channel off the map

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Charity

Whose government agreed to all this ? 1989 ? I think I can remember who that was ... female, huge handbag, spent most of her time travelling the continent and bashing Eurocrats at every opportunity ...

Ladies and gentlemen, may I present to you the late great hater of England, lover of Europe and federalist crypto communist ... Margaret Thatcher.

Her government agreed to this malarkey. Go visit whatever maximum security twilight home she's been locked up in and slap her around the chops. It was her government which laid the foundations for so much of this Euro babble. Blame her.

Strange, the one thing I remember from Tatcher was this clip. It was broadcasted every day for years in a row on al tree channels at the same time every hour. We were jealous of the British in those days.

Click for the original broadcast.

Happy SGD to yall on the other side of the channel sea!

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 03:23 AM
link   
As a true and patriotic Scot I urge the people of England to form an English National Party asap and fight for your rights as a nation. British nationalism is stripping our nations of their freedom to be a nation. Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland has long recognised this. I'm very glad that England is also now waking up to the fact that they are under-represented and also losing their national identity and abililty to shape their own destiny.

We ALL deserve independance. The voice of Scotland has been ignored for a long time. We are brainwashed into believing that we could not exist without being a part of the United Kingdom. England deserves to rule itself and make it's own decisions as much as we do. A movement for English independance would really hit home to the government that it's not just the 'add-on' nations wanting to break out of English rule, but a union of sovreign nations wanting the right to make their own decisions!!

We have not even been offered the chance of a referendum on our involvement in the EU. Most people I speak to up here are against the EU and what is becoming a very apparent take-over by non-elected, money-grabbing MEPs. I would expect England is about the same these days. We must fight for the right to hold a referendum as seperate sovereign nations!

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
Here is a map of how England is divided up. It does seem that all the nations are being carved to some extent, unless they are small enough to fall entirely within a region.

EDIT: Seems that myself, living in Wokingham, Berkshire, that I will be under the administration of the Danes....

Woopy-fudging-dooo.

[edit on 22/4/08 by stumason]

I can't even tell where Glasgow falls into on that map. We seem to be on the intersection between North Atlantic, Atlantic and Northern Sea, under a huge black dotted line. Maybe that's their plan all along - get rid of Glasgow cause it's too full of neds and replace it with a huge black line. At least a huge black line doesn't collect so much benefits....

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

Where's that map from Stu? Last I checked the Norwegians weren't ready to join in...
I hope they stay that way. It's my last refuge in case life get's too "European" in good ol Denmark.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
reply to post by pavil

Your right, most of the operational rigs are in English waters off the North Sea coast.

Actually, that's Scottish waters. The SNP being in power means that they will be fighting tooth and nail to gain control of these revenues.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Article:561383 Not Found

Looks like they took it down.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 06:19 AM
link   
I'm confused. The article by The Telegraph (and subsequent comments here) seems to imply the EU decided to change the borders of North-Western European countries in the near future without any consent from the populace of the participating nations.

The article spares only 2 sentences to detail the actual plan and quickly moves on to describing how outrageous the call 'to wipe England off the map' is. In those two sentences it states the reshaping is only symbolically important and that the assembly's governing the regions will have no extensive powers. Only the snippet in the OP here describes the actual purpose of the new map: it is to be used in allocating funding.

What I am getting from this is that this map will disappear in some EU bureaucrats desk drawer, only to be pulled out to get the proper codes when subsidizing local projects and so on. Like how energy companies sometimes split towns in half and lump them together with other towns to efficiently distribute power without any regard for actual town borders.

Could someone explain to me how this plan will have any notable effects for us and why we should be getting upset?

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 06:20 AM
link   
I am surprised anyone is surprised!
History shows the European countries have hated England and her independance. They have all had their turns at invasion and attempted domination.
Ever since good old Ted Heath sold Britain down the river of European bureaucracy(and subsequent Goverments have compounded the folly), total domination has been on the cards, removing any reference to the country is the final step!

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 06:25 AM
link   
I'm not being funny guys but look around you what exactly is there that is Great about being English that we should be wanting to hold on to. This country is a mess and perhaps we might just benefit socially and economically - may be not - but even so lets not go all jingoistic just because we are joining the European Union. So we're back under Dane Law so what, have we, the people seen much benefit from being under the Saxons and Franks for centuries. I don't think so. St George was a Roman soldier for god sake he wasn't English in any shape or form, we were given him as our patron saint nothing more nothing less.

Our Royal family are German and Swedish, descendants of crusader knights, we are a bastard breed of all European races and a few from further afield. Why are we so scared? Can someone tell me that? And, please do tell me why I should be listening to Viscount Rothermere's hate rag the Daily Mail? His father was toadying up to Hitler while a whole generation of our men were dying on the battle fields. Do you think that we fought that war for our freedom, balls! We fought that war for trade agreements and access to natural resources, purleease. Rothmere's just trying to drag us into another war against Europe.

If we gain the same rights as the Danes have we'll be laughing, if not, then yes it is a damn sham.

But ask yourselves, what exactly does this country have to offer Europe, our financial expertise and that is about it. We have no major imports, no major resources, we are an island and nothing more, the only real assets we have are Gib and the Falklands and obviously the accompanying military forces, everything else is on loan or borrowed from someone else. Oh but its great to be English!!!!!

Don't get me wrong, I love this country and I consider myself blessed to have been born here, here my choices are boundless, as long as I am willing to leave or I wish to be a bank clerk or administrator...

Successive governments have screwed our people to the wall, we are not a democracy we are the subjects of a constitutional monarchy, we are a conquered people and have been since time immemorial. Dig a bit and look at how Cromwell sold out the Levellers for his own profit. Look how the workers marched on London from Jarrow only to be refused an audience with Ramsey MacDonald because he was too busy. Look at how the Miners were sold out over and over again for SIX decades.

I don't agree with the divisions that Brussels is suggesting but nor do I believe in a jingoistic response. This country has become a # hole and we need to be taking care of our own back yards. We have sat on our backsides for too long basking in our imagined greatness and now the end game is economic union with Europe. This is the same BS that enabled them to get us to fight the second war...our leaders have screwed us over before, perhaps a change will be as good as a rest.

Here is a question I would love an answer to, under who's jurisdiction is the City of London Corporation going to be? Anyone know?

You're having your buttons pushed, you're being manipulated. Oppose the union by all means...but don't sink into the trap of Nationalism, lessons there should already been learnt. Rothermere represents his own interests and he has a network of media to do it, what is he afraid of that he is willing to stir you into the pot to fight his battles for him and generate malcontent? Oppose the Union by using your representatives to do so, that is what they are for, but please don't take direction from the Mail.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 06:48 AM
link   
How can someone just decide that our country is going to be divided up. Thank you to everyone who voted labour last time even though our country was quite clearly in decline and you all knew that brown was going to take over. There are some idiots in this country and plans like this is what you get when you don't think about the country as a whole just yourself.

This can't posssibly happen though can it? I mean we're quite civilised but if this happens I might have to find the phone number for where all those middle eastens get those rocket launchers and AK-47's from

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 07:40 AM
link   
I totally Agree with you Nammu... wow an Englishman and a Scot agreeing on something.. damn you brussels..

to be honest this will only happen over my dead body, as a trained soldier I'm sure me and my colleages will disrupt this... Vive la Resistance...

Peace... (hopefully)

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 08:37 AM
link   
charity ,

nice post !! made me laugh anyway !

happy st. georges day to all my fellow englishmen !

snoopyuk

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I wonder if any of these stories especially on St Georges day are there to stir up feelings of yet more hatred to the ridiculous number of european immigrants that are now within English borders.

I for one will be once again voting for the BNP, British National Party. Not because i'm a white supremacist because i certainly am not. But purely to make the leaders of our country sit up and take note that we're not happy.

We're not happy with having to pay taxes so that immigrants can come over and be given benefits and housing. Not happy with the rise in crime (albeit proportional to the population) from eastern european immigrants in the UK; and mostly not happy with being left a minority race in my own country.

Although stories like these may not carry much truth in them, it might just awaken more Brits to the blatant fact that we're losing our country to Europe.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I don't see any evidence that this is intended to change the geopolitical face of North West Europe... all the newspaper commentary seems suspiciously light on the detail.

You mention people in the UK not wanting to be a part of a European superstate... do you expect the French, Germans, Norwegians, Danes, Dutch and so on want it too? I don't think so. It's not going to happen, and moves like this aren't doing the EU any favours.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Doubt this will manage to go through.
I really can't see the public allowing this to happen at all, I mean we don't even want the Euro so becoming a country given out to other European ones; wont happen. We may be pushed down by the government but I'm sure even we would notice it if we suddenly belonged to a different country.

But if it does, the big house painted as St. Georges cross will be mine, you'll be able to purchase weapons and join the resistance from there.

[edit on 23-4-2008 by umbr45]

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 11:24 AM
link   
European Constitution - failed.
So they renamed it "treaty" and did not ask the people about it. They asked the parliaments - and of course the treaty passed, what politician would risk his career and be labeled a communist, or nationalist, by saying no to anything the EU says ?

People cannot be trusted and they may vote against such a treaty. Don't ask their vote, problem solved

And we will never have the chance to ask our lords and masters anything. On TV - not a chance, on the street - they surround themselves with their minions : riot gear wearing police. Not even one of them will step outside the fortress and talk to the people "they serve".

And they have the entire mechanism to control us, propaganda still works, and there is an endless supply of superstitious peasants to believe them

[edit on 23-4-2008 by pai mei]

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   
This would never happen.

England only stopped fighting Europe 200 odd years ago after what? A few thousand years of on and off fighting? We've been battling against joining or being assimilated with Europe since our very beginning.

I'm angry enough about joining the EU, for this to ever happen they would have to go through me and tens of thousands of others.

[edit on 23-4-2008 by Zanzibar]

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   
For a United Europe to work, Union states have to end. The same is happening to Spain and Italy, many regions are seeking greater independence.

I'll always remain sceptical of plans presented in right wing papers, even though there are many in Brussels who call Europe the "New Roman Empire". But, Gordon Brown (again) has underestimated the strength of English nationalism.

Scotland won't break the Union of Great Britain, England will and soon.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Symer

It's not a plan, it won't affect anything. This is your usual case of kneejerk reactionism from nationalists who feel threatened by Europe.

It makes you wonder if people were gathered around their wooden houses in 1707 complaining about how the acts of union were going to destroy everything good about England/Scotland.

reply to post by Damocles

Guns didn't help the people in Waco stop the government pushing them around, did they? In fact, didn't they make it worse for them because they had guns?

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by infinite

So, essentially, if the United Kingdom breaks up it makes a United Europe more likely?

You may have something with that.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join