It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Brussels has wiped England and the English Channel off the map

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   

How Brussels has wiped England and the English Channel off the map

www.dailymail.co.uk

The Tories have issued a St George's Day rallying cry against plans by Brussels to "wipe England off the map" and create a United Europe.
A revised European map used to allocate funding splits England into three and lumps those parts together with chunks of other countries to create "transnational regions".
The UK Government is fully behind the project, even though the words "England" and "Britain" are left off official maps of each area and the Manche Region renames the English Channel.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.telegraph.co.uk
www.telegraph.co.uk
www.tele graph.co.uk

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   
With the full support of HM Government, the EU has split England into three regions, called Manche, North Sea and Atlantic. Not only that, but each of those three are affiliated with regions of other nations. To top it off, each of these new regions will be run by an unelected Board governed by a "Director". Even the English Channel is to be renamed as the "Channel Sea".

And..

Just to rub salt in the wounds, not one of these regions will be governed by the UK. with Manche ruled by the French, Atlantic by the Portuguese and North Sea by the Danes.

www.dailymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   
It does make you wonder why we bothered fighting the World Wars, really. At the end of the day, we've ended up being run by Europeans despite all the sacrifices made to keep Britain free and independent. This quote echoes my worries the most:

German ministers claimed that the plan was about "underlying the goal of a united Europe" to "permanently overcome old borders" at a time when the "Constitution for Europe needs to regain momentum".

The EU claims it is to boost "intra-region cooperation and trade", but with that comes responsibilities over these English regions by unelected Europeans bureaucrats, deciding what is "best" for each region.

The buggers got us in the end and it was the Labour Party that sailed us down the river. Those scumbags in power are even trying hand over fist to give Gibraltar to the Spanish and are even more keen to hand the Falklands over to the Argies.

This poll sums up the feeling amongst the English towards the whole mess Labour has caused. With the devolution of Welsh and Scottish powers but England getting no representation, alongside huge amounts of English tax money paying for free Welsh and Scottish prescriptions, University and council tax freezes, the animosity is growing:

The disclosure of the European map comes as a YouGov poll commissioned by The Daily Telegraph showed that one third of people want England to have its own parliament.

Twenty per cent want England to be an independent country and for Britain to be broken up.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   
More and more each day the EU is becoming one nation, erasing rights, national border and history. The UK should just stick with the US, but maybe that's just the American in me talking.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Thing is, I;m not totally adverse to a Federal style Europe. It's the way the world is going. What I object to is this underhand practice to try and break England up, the unelected nature of the bureaucrats running this and the blatant corruption that seems to permeate everything in Brussels. If there was fundamental reform, I think the British people would be much more open to integration.

CX

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I live in Hampshire, UK...so i'm going to be ruled by the French!!!?

You're having a laugh!

I'll feel even more sorry for the last few left standing at the next Rememberance service. I hope all involved in this plan choke with embarrassment and explain it face to face with those that died for our country.

CX.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

I am glad so far the NAU is not implemented yet. That's pretty messed up that they are dividing up the UK like that

What are the maps of all the regions? Are all the countries basically getting carved up to smack down national identities?

Way to go there Big Brother, I mean EU.

You will be assimilated, resistance is futile..

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Here is a map of how England is divided up. It does seem that all the nations are being carved to some extent, unless they are small enough to fall entirely within a region.

EDIT: Seems that myself, living in Wokingham, Berkshire, that I will be under the administration of the Danes....

Woopy-fudging-dooo.

[edit on 22/4/08 by stumason]

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   
The Danes do have some beautiful women, could be ruled by worse.......

Looks like the North Sea group will be an economic powerhouse with all the coastal/port cities and is that where the oil rigs are?

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by pavil

Thats true, but I'm sure my missus would have something to say about that!

Your right, most of the operational rigs are in English waters off the North Sea coast. All the refineries are there too, bar a couple in Wales. The German part of the North Sea is chockablock full of huge industrial ports and cities. Some rather nice ones too.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

EDIT: Seems that myself, living in Wokingham, Berkshire, that I will be under the administration of the Danes....

Woopy-fudging-dooo.

You have been that before.

Most interesting to me, the Irish/Welsh get to keep their national territories.

Not assimilatable, I guess.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by khunmoon

Well, they were historically a pain in the ass for the English to take and hold. Imagine the Belgians trying.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Arrrrr we Dutch will become Danish too. Looks to me we’ll get the coast soccer cup to play. Go NSR!

Must have been an administrator bored out of his Monica, drawing mindless lines on a map of Europe. This map must have leaked somehow, now representing some official plan. This is how diplomacy is done in Brussels you know. Remember this European law they wanted to push so badly? Same bored out of Monica thing. Fortunately we got to vote on it. I’m afraid there will be no referendum on this one though.

Oh well it beats being yellow. Finally we’ve got rid of that dull orange colour. We can nick the NSR little Russia.

Vodka for all!

Cheerio

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Oh, looking at the map, just one question...

When did Norway join the EU?

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Maybe when the NAU is finally implemented over here we can divide the the US into Cuban, Mexican, Quebecois, Navajo and Canadian Zones.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

Yeah, and Iceland too.

Except that they left out Mecklenburg (to the Poles probably) the red resembles Danish territory about 1100 AD ...and the Netherlands wasn't on the map then.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 01:27 AM
link   
and people wonder why us yanks love our guns so much.

not that most of my countrymen are paying enough attention to need them before its too late...

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 02:13 AM
link   
For the benefit of those outside the England, the UK & Western Europe ...

Today is Saint George's Day, the national day of England (and best wishes to our English contributors). The Daily Mail is a very popular newspaper in the UK, drives much of the political agenda and has a bee in it's bonnet about England being either ruled from Brussels by unelected Eurocrats or being governed like a colony by pesky Scots in the Labour Party.

But even a cursory trip around cyberspace reveals Inter-Reg to be an organisation established in 1989, a quango, with the sole purpose of promoting regional cooperation within certain parts of the EU. It has a not quite so earth shattering budget of 5 billion Euros, promotes trade links, tourist links, energy & infrastructure cooperation across national borders.

It's got a huge big zippo to do with "breaking up England".

Whose government agreed to all this ? 1989 ? I think I can remember who that was ... female, huge handbag, spent most of her time travelling the continent and bashing Eurocrats at every opportunity ...

Ladies and gentlemen, may I present to you the late great hater of England, lover of Europe and federalist crypto communist ... Margaret Thatcher.

Her government agreed to this malarkey. Go visit whatever maximum security twilight home she's been locked up in and slap her around the chops. It was her government which laid the foundations for so much of this Euro babble. Blame her.

This is such a total non issue. Made up for today by some teenage scribbler at the Daily Mail.

Happy Saint George's Day !!!

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Ah thanks for posting Charity, I must say as it was in the Daily Mail I did wonder what kind of spin they had put on the original story. Ha it would be Maggie now wouldn't it, seems pretty typical of her.

Oh and it seems I'm in the Atlantic region..

Happy Saint Georges day to you all! Just wish we got the day off work and had a big celebration like Ireland and Scotland do on their patron saint's day.

[edit on 23-4-2008 by CuriosityStrikes]

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Oh dear lord.

This is appalling.

Anyone have any idea of how this will affect our pound sterling? Will we be forced to adopt the euro?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join