It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clinton defeats Obama in Pennsylvania primary

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Clinton defeats Obama in Pennsylvania primary

news.yahoo.com

PHILADELPHIA - Hillary Rodham Clinton won the Pennsylvania primary Tuesday night, defeating Barack Obama and staving off elimination in their riveting race for the Democratic presidential nomination.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Wow, she did it. This is huge!

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   
After all the time they spent here in Arkansas and then on the national scene I have learned one thing about them, never count the Clintons out. They get what they want.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 09:01 PM
link   
How is that possible when not even half of the precincts have reported yet?
I mean yes, it appears she will win but it is a bit premature no?

Presidential Primaries
Democratic Presidential Primary
Candidate Votes Percent Winner
Hillary Clinton (D) 468,825 55%
Barack Obama (D) 386,724 45%
Precincts Reporting - 3892 out of 9268 - 42%

WGAL

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I've been telling friends and family for a while now. Its going to be Clinton and McCain. Which ever one of those wins doesn't matter, there will be no big changes to the government. As always the American population is being force fed the same thing. Its like having a choice between a double cheeseburger or a quarter pounder with cheese, no matter which one you choose it still tastes like it came from McDonald's.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 09:09 PM
link   
That's pretty jacked up right there, Pennsylvania - thanks for effing nothing.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   

She showed her blue collar bona fides one night by knocking down a shot of whiskey, then taking a mug of beer as a chaser. Obama went bowling in his attempt to win over working-class voters.

You're kidding me, right?

Is that what it takes to win votes?

Hell, apparently, I won the nomination last night too....

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   
She had Penn in her pocket from the get-go, however...

A narrow win would keep her alive, but she would limp out of a state which she had always been expected to win.

But if she could build her margin to double digits, it could change the landscape of this race, giving Clinton much-needed campaign cash, perhaps allow her to peel away some uncommitted super delegates to her side, give her momentum and give credence to her argument that Obama cannot win large states with traditional Democratic bases that the party needs to win in November.

www.thestar.com...

Looks like she's still in single digit territory.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by bobafett1972

How is that possible when not even half of the precincts have reported yet?

The same way that we ended up with Bush.

They already had this all planned out since the last Bilderberg meeting.

The Hillary/Barack fight is all about keeping the spotlight on the Dems this time around. Lot's of free press. I can't even remember the last time I heard anything about McCain.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   
CBC announced Clinton as the victor.

Why would they be anouncing the results of an election that is only less than 50% counted.

They did not say the term "exit poll" they said the victor of the primary.

If media outlets are anouncing the victor before the end of voting, would they not be effecting the outcome of the vote? Will people that were hanging between the two only choices not just pick the winner to feel better about thier choice than picking a canidate that is reported to have already lost? poppycock.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   
the only reason why she won is because pa is full of racists. i know that since i live in pa. most of the people in pa are hateful stupid hicks. I forgot to register so i didnt get the chance to vote but if i had to i would have voted for obama. but in nov i probably wont be voting because it really doesnt matter.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   
If Clinton wins again, no real change. However, the dollar will go up along with foreign relations, but we will sink deeper in the grips of control.

You don't think it was important for Clinton to mention that she would obliterate Iran if it attack Israel. I wonder if Israel will experience the next 9/11, so that the world can watch Iran burn? Just a thought...

Obama has no real credentials, but the idea of something knew was refreshing to anticipate.

AAC

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Well its not done yet is it?why on earth would they announce a victor when the rest of the votes arent in yet?Furthermore what does it say about that state when Clinton LIED about the Bosnia sniper story?So thats 468K voters who dont care that she lied to the people during a campaign to boot.Wow.Just wow.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by tom goose

Did you think they actually counted the votes?

Once JFK was out of the way, it seems the real power behind the scenes was determined to never let something like this happen again. Never again would they risk exposure, nor would they ever again be challenged by a sitting US President. Since 1964, the tabulation of votes in a national election are handled by a private company, owned by TV networks and wire services, without any official oversight. The name of the company doesn’t really matter because it always changes its name, but is ultimately controlled by the CIA Operation MOCKINGBIRD. Another casualty of the coup de grace is the vote, and the election of our officials. It seems that JFK may have been the last publicly elected President of the United States of America.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Don't think it'll actually matter. She won't get enough delegates out of Pennsylvania, and Obama is going to wipe the floor in North Carolina.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by anti us gov
the only reason why she won is because pa is full of racists. i know that since i live in pa. most of the people in pa are hateful stupid hicks. I forgot to register so i didnt get the chance to vote but if i had to i would have voted for obama. but in nov i probably wont be voting because it really doesnt matter.

Nice.
I love how people can all of a sudden get away with things like this.
I feel sorry for you, I really, really do.
PA, born and raised. I am not a hick, nor am I a racist.
Do me a favor and keep your broad generalizations to yourself.
Though, none of this may make sense, since I am supposedly stupid.
So you are the only person in PA who is educated?

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by bobafett1972

hahaha pa sucks!!! i have been around enough people to know that reason why they are not voting for obama is because hes black. there a ton of hicks in pa. i didnt say anything about you being a hick just the people who didnt vote for obama because he is black.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Sublime620

That is exactly why this is such BS to begin with. The DEM party leaders should have knee capped that ego-maniacal lying beeatch long ago. All of this drama and time wasted for nothing. Net gain zero. Oh except McSame has had a nice month long vacation and plenty of time to fund-raise and strategize.

Way to go Howard Dean, because you have done such a great job changing the Dem party reputation from being perceived as polarized, disorganized and petty.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by anti us gov
but in nov i probably wont be voting because it really doesnt matter.

No wonder only twecko's get in office, all the people who could be making somewhat of a difference stay at home and say "why does it matter?"

You know, it may not matter, but it's your right as an American..I find that to be disrespectful, immature, and childish to say "I'm not gonna, doesn't matter anyway."

To the topic.
Are we sure this isn't a prediction on the count of the news? CNN did this in Mississippi remember.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Shugo

It's not being immature or childish it's called seeing the truth. "if voting changed anything they would make it illegal".

They just give us the illusion that were actually changing something. Dems Republicans their all the same. How do you think Bush got elected twice? I hate to say it, but our votes most certainly do not matter anymore.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join