It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Armed Forces Insititue of Regenerative Medicine

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Us government backed by big Pharma has beaten down fledgling stem cell companies.. But it the other hand (the military) has a different view.
Use stem cells to treat the maimed of war...how you ask >>

· Burn repair
· Wound healing without scarring
· Craniofacial reconstruction
· Limb reconstruction, regeneration or transplantation
· Compartment syndrome, a condition related to inflammation after surgery or injury that can lead to increased pressure, impaired blood flow, nerve damage and muscle death

www.defenselink.mil...

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 12:31 AM
link   
And what's so bad about that? I'm missing half my foot from an IED hitting my vehicle. I wouldn't mind having that regenerated.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Nothing is wrong with it, I am an investor in a couple Stem cell co's. They have been very cautious about federal funding especially where as embryonic stemcells are concerned. The majority of potential solutions involve embrionic stem cells. I am not in favor of stopping a potential life to harvest these. However, with advances in cloning ect this is not needed. Besides fertility clinics discard thousands. We would be a lot further along except for big pharmaceutical co's prefer to keep biotech solutions to a minimum then they can continue selling more drugs.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 05:59 AM
link   
ech3foxtrot,
Thank you for your service. I hope they can find ways to help all those injured. I just want them to move faster on it.

BP

new topics

top topics

join