It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush: 'We're Not in a Recession'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Bush: 'We're Not in a Recession'

thinkprogress.org

During a press conference today with Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper and Mexican President Felipe Calderon, a reporter asked President Bush “how deep and how long will the economic recession be in the United States?” “First of all, we’re not in a recession,” Bush replied, adding, “We’re in a slowdown.”
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   
LMAO. Bush sounds alot like a lot of the people I hear on this site...Okay, techno-jargon and pie charts aside, how about we agree on this---The Economy and financial situation of this nation are completely F***ED?

"Oh, we're just in a little slowdown, nothin' to worry about peeps."

While Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke recently said U.S. GDP “will not grow much, if at all, over the first half of 2008 and could even contract slightly,” it is also “hard to find an economist who doesn’t believe the US is either in recession or so close it’s not worth arguing about” as a recent Wall Street Journal poll of economists found.

thinkprogress.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   
He's right we are not in a recession....we are in a meltdown

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I think when he refers to "We" he means his family and friends. Being as how they are all oil men, they probably aren't experiencing a recession.

He seems completely removed from the common working taxpayer.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 08:06 PM
link   
First of all, we are not in a car accident.....we are in a vehicular altering mishap. Get your facts straight!!

I'm just along for the ride at this point.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I love how when they showed the video of this on CNN, when he said "we're in a slowdown" he did that little head jerk thing he does. Has anyone else noticed that you can tell exactly when he is gonna do his head jerk into a weird creepy smile thing?

Slow down? Does this man not know what the word recession means? When things start slowing down financially, you are going into a recession. Unless I'm wrong, in which case, disregard what I just said.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Finn1916
I love how when they showed the video of this on CNN, when he said "we're in a slowdown" he did that little head jerk thing he does. Has anyone else noticed that you can tell exactly when he is gonna do his head jerk into a weird creepy smile thing?

The smirking chimp, cocky head-bob combo...If you scroll down on the think prog's comment section, someone says they want to slap him silly every time they see that stupid head bob thing. He does that when he thinks he's 'ejucatin' someone...lol

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Finn1916

Yes I do. I believe it is involuntary. That is the difference between him and Dad. His dad learned to control his pantomimes.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   
LMAO! I can't get enough of this guy! Everytime I see him, I feel like I'm back in the good ole days watching Looney Tunes, and Bush is like Tazmanian Devil, whirling around, tearing stuff up, and not making any sense.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 08:19 PM
link   
During the last year of an American president he will never leave office with the stigma of failure.

That is why no matter if Americans are sleeping in tents in front of the white house because they are homeless and not matter if people are rioting for food, he will never admit to anything negative going on in the nation until he leaves office.

[edit on 22-4-2008 by marg6043]

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   
[SNIP]

But Nooooo... people are too brainwashed by pharmaceutical companies and
beer and alcohol companies to let this come to life.

Bush could use some mind-expanding as his mind and heart are contracted
like the Grinch's in the original cartoon.

MOD EDIT: According to the Terms and Conditions that you agreed to upon joining ATS, you agreed to the following:

2e.) Illegal Activity: Discussion of illegal activities; specifically mind-altering drugs, computer hacking, criminal hate, sexual relations with minors, and stock scams are strictly forbidden.

Any further infractions will result in disciplinary action.

We don't ask for much from one another here, other than the common decency shared by people while in public. Please try to uphold the standards that ATS has set for all of us. Thank You.

TheBorg
Forum Moderator

[edit on 23-4-2008 by TheBorg]

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
During the last year of an American president he will never leave office with the stigma of failure.

That is why no matter if Americans are sleeping in tents in from of the white house because they are homeless and not matter if people are rioting for food, he will never admit to anything negative going on in the nation until he leaves office.

That's a good point Marg, he actually believes that if he says nothing is wrong then nothing is wrong. I'm pretty sure a shrink would say something here about denial, delusions and sticking one's head in the sand.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 08:35 PM
link   
If Bush wasn't such a destructive decider I'd find him amusing..............who am I kidding,he amuses me every time he tries to lie convincingly.That little head bob is a give away when he won't answer a question truthfully.Cocking his head to the side,making stupid jokes, and that "I'm pretending to be smarter than you" smile makes me roll my eyes.
The only "legacy" the shrub will leave behind is the decline of America.I'm truly surprised that the sad excuse of a human is still breathing.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by citizen truth
I'm truly surprised that the sad excuse of a human is still breathing.

NO! He has to live so I have something to laugh at everytime I watch tv. Can you guys imagine if he got caught in a sex scadal? Oh, such head bobbings and fruity smiles in that press conference would cause me to laugh my way to my own death.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by wisefoolishness

Originally posted by citizen truth
I'm truly surprised that the sad excuse of a human is still breathing.

NO! He has to live so I have something to laugh at everytime I watch tv. Can you guys imagine if he got caught in a sex scadal? Oh, such head bobbings and fruity smiles in that press conference would cause me to laugh my way to my own death.

"I was not having sex with that woman, I was practicing gynocology and had a camera strapped to my man parts. Really, it is just a bit of a downstairs mix up. I'm not cheating on my wife. I'm Old Greg."

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Finn1916

lmao. Bush isnt reptillian, he's just a big scaley man-fish.

Anywhoo...back on topic...

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I think Bush has taken some lessons from Baghdad Bob when it comes to discussing the economy.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 09:07 PM
link   
So tell me is this the same as "let them eat cake" Guess it all depends on how up the ivory tower your are.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Its official people, we are not in a recession. Bush says it, I believe it.

Worrying about the economy is his job, and hes not worried about it.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by DamnedDirtyApes
I think Bush has taken some lessons from Baghdad Bob when it comes to discussing the economy.

LMAO!! Well he has parroted Baghdad Bobs false "victory" claims on his disatrous war...

He also could make Baghdad Bob blush with some of these other doozies:

"See in my line of work, you got to keep repeating things over and over and over again for the truth to sink in, to kind of catapult the propeganda."

"We don't torture."

"You know, one of the hardest parts of my job is to connect Iraq to the war on terror."

new topics

top topics

join