It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Howard like the Colonel?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Is Freedom Of Speech Dead? 02/26/04. 6:00am

Howard said he didn't even know what to say this morning after he was taken off of six Clear Channel radio stations yesterday. He said he just found out about it last night and wasn't sure he should talk about it or not. He said he learned some stuff off the air and he won't be talking about any congresswoman today. He said that it's obvious that free speech isn't so free. He said he was going to try and be smart and try to get them back on the air on the Clear Channel stations by Monday but it's possible he'll be fired from those stations.

Howard said that Mel Karmazin spoke to Clear Channel and told them they're in breach of contract but they apparently don't care. He said he really doesn't know what's going on and what he can talk about on the air. Robin said it was like they woke up in a different country with all of this stuff going on.

KC came in and said that he came in and heard Scott the Engineer giving a speech about what's going on with censorship. Scott said that he's embarrassed to live in this country after this. Howard said that he has been silenced because he talked about a congresswoman (Heather #ing Wilson) and it's censorship.

Howard was saying that he was going to say goodbye to everyone this morning just in case something else happens. Howard said that Clear Channel admitted to him that they did this, not because of anything he said, but because they are being dragged in front of congress. He said that they're being forced to say that Howard said something racist on Tuesday and that's why he's being kicked off the air on those stations. Howard said it was a caller who used the N-word that people are talking about. Howard said that he's really tired of this stuff.

Does anyone see a similarity?

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Yes there is a similarity, except that Howard is a showman and you are a man on a mission.
People look at the words and actions differently because of the point of view expressed and the angle of attack.
Censorship applies not only to the content, but to the intent. Freedom of speech is relative to whom the words are directed at and who is listening. Is that right? hell no. but that's what is happening.

BG

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I can agree with that. I do get raw at times, eh?

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 03:48 PM
link   
they better not take the morning show off our clear channel in omaha. they are the funniest guys on the face of the planet

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel
I can agree with that. I do get raw at times, eh?

Yes, you do.
And like Howard, you get raw and ask the tough questions or bring up touchy subjects. I certainly don't always agree, but I respect the points brought forth.

top topics

join