It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No disclosure, people!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Here we are in 2008 and people are still claiming for a disclosure.
People want the ultimate proof that they [ufo, aliens and etc] are real.
They want the president going on tv and saying Listen folks, UFOs are real and blablabla...
That aint gonna happen and it should not happen.

I used to want a disclosure too, would be the event of the year.
But this planet is not prepared to have contact with other civilizations.
How can we do that if we cant even make peace with our own neighbour, live in peace with people with other beliefs, lifestyle and/or religion?

We live in a war planet, where most of the people live in poverty and where most of the people cannot understand or accept so many things Earth-based so how can we expect the planet to understand and accept people from other planets and their systems?

They are real. They are there - and here. We are not alone.

But waiting for disclosure to happen is wasting time.
We should spend time in becoming a better person and trying to make peace with our neighbours and with ourselves.

Disclosure should not happen here and I guess it won't for hundrends of years.

The ones who know what is going to know are lucky, the ones who still havent a clue will keep that way for a period of time and the ones who are still waiting for proof good luck waiting.

I dont think theres need for proof to believe in people living in Mars or anywhere else, it makes perfect sense, and if it makes sense it is true.
We are past that part, lets now try to figure out why we are stuck here blindfolded and I guess thats a one mans journey.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soulshock
They want the president going on tv and saying Listen folks, UFOs are real and blablabla...
That aint gonna happen and it should not happen.

Oh I agree with you that it's not gonna happen that way.

Because, first of all, the Government or whoever has control of this, will not willingly disclose the information. Only way it's going to happen is if they are forced to.

And secondly, even if the President or some other high Government or Military person would go on TV and admitted to UFOs, who would believe their story and their reasons (if they gave them to us) for covering up this for decades?

The Government has managed to continually show us that they don't deserve our trust, and even more so in recent years.

I used to want a disclosure too, would be the event of the year.
But this planet is not prepared to have contact with other civilizations.
How can we do that if we cant even make peace with our own neighbour, live in peace with people with other beliefs, lifestyle and/or religion?

I used to think this as well, that we weren't ready. But now I think it's more like those persons that say/think "I could never be a father/mother; I'm not ready", but when they're faced with a situation like that they have to be and they do it.

Of course those people will make mistakes, but if you think there should be only disclosure once humanity is living in harmony and we'd take that information without committing any mistakes, then disclosure will never happen.

We live in a war planet, where most of the people live in poverty and where most of the people cannot understand or accept so many things Earth-based so how can we expect the planet to understand and accept people from other planets and their systems?

There are a lot of reasons for that to happen, and most of them are external to man himself in my opinion. Religions, politics, they all play (and have played) with people's fears and feelings for their own gain and agendas, and I have no doubt that it has influenced how people look at 'different' people, of different colors, of different religions, different countries and so on.

And who's to say that disclosure wouldn't help to fix that? It might work as shock therapy. People might finally start seeing each other as fellow humans, inhabitants of Planet Earth, instead of American and French, Catholic and Islamic, or Black and White.

But waiting for disclosure to happen is wasting time.

I also wouldn't advise anyone to 'wait' for anything. If you want something, go get it! Fight for it!

And I truly believe, we should try and force disclosure, no matter how hard or long it might look it would take, because if it's really true that man is not alone in the Universe, then we're all entitled to that information.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   

And who's to say that disclosure wouldn't help to fix that? It might work as shock therapy. People might finally start seeing each other as fellow humans, inhabitants of Planet Earth, instead of American and French, Catholic and Islamic, or Black and White.

thing is, for people to start seeing each other as a fellow human and respecting each other, takes a lot more than shock therapy, takes a bit of love and something that comes from within each person, you have it or you dont.
and the problem with shock therapy is that it can make people "lose it" in the process, and for good part of the population it is not a difficult thing to happen.

we are in a prison here on Earth, some inmates need max security and some can deal with something lighter.
unfortunately the ones in max security are the majority.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 03:03 AM
link   
There are already so many threads on disclosure here. Perhaps the Mods should look at combining them all into one or making a dedicated Sticky Posted Disclosure Thread to save on all these useless threads that don't expand on the previous one? It just seems like the cat chasing it's own tail here. Nothing ever comes of it!

My 2 Pennies Worth!

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   
this is not about disclosure. its about people realizing other stuff

anyway...

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I say "Yes disclosure, people!" It may be the only way to get the human race to grow up. If left alone, then we might just continue on in ignorance.

join