It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The most "perfect" album of all time?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 03:14 AM
link   
I'm gonna be the first to put a more modern album down because it's one of the best albums of the 90s. In fact in 1996 rolling stone magazine voted these guys the best new rock band of the year. They are my favorite modern band.

Matchbox Twenty: Yourself or Someone Like You. 12 tracks that don't deserve to be skipped over. 5 songs from this album hit the top spots on the billboard top 40. Not to mention Rob Thomas is one of the greatest songwriters of my generation. Here's a video of Rob singing 3am on piano from VH1 Storytellers.
www.youtube.com...

On a more classic feel, how about the Eagles: Desperado? It's a cool album that goes through to tell a story of the old west. It starts with "Doolin-Dalton"... a story of two friends in the old southwest and the album ends with the Doolin-Dalton/Desperado reprise as a poker game gone bad.

www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 09:04 PM
link   
WDPK 83.7 the sound of tomorrow the music of today brings you exclusively daft punks homework

1.Daftendirekt
2.WDPK 83.7 FM
3.Revolution 909

4.Da Funk

5.Phoenix
6.Fresh

7.Around the World

8.Rollin' & Scratchin
9.Teachers
10.High Fidelity
11.Rock'n Roll
12.Oh Yeah
13.Burnin'

14.Indo Silver Club
15.Alive
16.Funk Ad

released Jan. 20 1997

Enjoy

(just wanted to note that at the time this record was released, when they went on TV they hid their faces, for a few years they would wear masks or hoods on their entire heads, so unlike everyone else making music at the time, there was no image to be involved, just the music, they still hide their faces today and you always see them in the robot suits)

[edit on 28-4-2008 by OSSkyWatcher]

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Okay, I am a metal fan, so my picks are heavy metal albums. But I challenge any NON metal fan to listen to the musicians on these albums. You might discover something.

Amorphis - Elegy

Death - Symbolic

This final Album is not as accessible, per say, but I consider it a PERFECT album:

Immortal - Sons of Northern Darkness

(edit just to say that the above are only songs off of the albums.... if you like check out the whole album. They are much better as a whole!)

[edit on 29-4-2008 by MetalSphere]

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Most perfect album of all time?

Pink Floyd - Animals

Nothing beats it. The White Album comes close.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Opeth - ghost reveries
A damn good album by one of the best melodic metal bands out

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Id have to say lateralus by tool, is the most perfect album, its like one long song, its beautiful

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Television - Marquee Moon.

Here's the song of the same name (best on the album too):

/tn.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Yeah, I'm gonna have to say that the only album I never skip a song on has got to be...The Poison by Bullet for my Valentine

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 07:58 AM
link   
I can't believe the undisputed greatest album of all time has not been mentioned yet.

Never Mind the Bullocks, The Sex Pistols

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join