It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

After their own "kind"

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

Caucasian is a kind.

The number 1 is a kind because if you have four 1's you have four of a kind.
edit on 3-6-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

Could be race.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

So your syllogism shows that I have a brain. I agree that we all do and don't need to see it. Yet the rules of empiricle science says we do not. Disect all the humans and mammals you want.

The fundamentals of empirical research state the exact opposite of what you’re asserting. If every direct observation results in finding that mammals have brains, then I don’t need to dissect another mammal to prove that they all have brains.

"A representation of a thing is not proof of a thing."

Still can’t come up with a syllogism that would support your assertion regarding Egyptian idols or the Turin Shroud, eh?

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Can you just tell me WTF you're driven at with this ? What is it you hope to show ?

TL;DR version, since it's obvious you didn't read the thread you're posting in:

The Bible refers to Noah taking, at minimum, two of every "kind" of animal on the Ark. What's a kind?

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by iterationzero

We have a burial shroud.
The burial shroud Is of a weave that dates back to the time of Christ.
The shroud has an image on it that no one can explain and depicts exactly down to the wound in his side
How Christ was crucified.
If science can't explain how that image was embeded in the burial shroud? Then absolute speculation is as good as any guess science can make. Including," this is Christs burial cloth".

Alright then to hell with what's obvious. I did read the thread. Now what? Am I lying?

Look it talks about all different kinds of plants growing from seeds of his kind. In Gen Ch 1. And the fowl of the air and cattle he made after thier kind. So kind could be that which already existed?

If that is it then answer it yourself.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

So it's an even further subdivision beyond species?

...and 'race' in terms of humanity is really an arbitrary social construct...

Frankly, you're not really bothering to participate in this thread...oh, and science has addressed the shroud of Turin thing, even though that's not at all what this thread is about.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I’m not sure how a discussion of what “kind” means in a biblical sense relates to the Shroud of Turin. The shroud has been dated to the 13th or 14th century; it’s interesting that the only real criticism of the dating is that the team doing the work dated a section of the shroud that had been patched as opposed to the shroud itself. Given the lack of direct access to the shroud for testing, it’s hardly a wonder that there’s been no scientific conclusion to date.

But back to the topic at hand…

Look it talks about all different kinds of plants growing from seeds of his kind. In Gen Ch 1. And the fowl of the air and cattle he made after thier kind. So kind could be that which already existed?

Uses of the word “kind” from Chapter 1 (KJV):

11 And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so.
12 And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

21 And God created great whales, and every living creature that moveth, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

24 And God said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after his kind: and it was so.
25 And God made the beast of the earth after his kind, and cattle after their kind, and every thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

Then from Chapters 6 & 7 (KJV), specifically regarding what he was to bring with him on the Ark:

6:19 And of every living thing of all flesh, two of every sort shalt thou bring into the ark, to keep them alive with thee; they shall be male and female.
20 Of fowls after their kind, and of cattle after their kind, of every creeping thing of the earth after his kind, two of every sort shall come unto thee, to keep them alive.

7:14 They, and every beast after his kind, and all the cattle after their kind, and every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind, and every fowl after his kind, every bird of every sort.

I added 6:19 in because the parallel between “sort” and “kind” in this context seems clear.

So what’s a kind?

<< 4  5  6   >>

join