It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Worried about buying MRE's...Can they be traced back to me?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   
MRE (Meals Ready to eat)

With all the talk about food rationing going on, I'm more inclined to buy BULK freeze-dried food and stock up.

Yet, how do I stock up for my family and still fly under the radar without letting others know of my purchases.

A nagging fear of mine, is acquiring supplies somewhere down the line, then later, someone ransacks my place to take it for themselves or re-distribute it amongst others.

RE: Nationwide Emergencies...

Does the guvment keep tabs on wholesale distributors that deal with MRE's, and could they trace any purchases back to me?

~Ducky~

[edit on 22-4-2008 by TheDuckster]

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by TheDuckster

pay cash for everything

I hate banks and havent had an account for years

I pay cash, unless they have cameras and really zoom in on me and take my fingerprint who cares who sees you

it seems alot more lately paranoia goes hand in hand with conspiracy theorists

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by MurderCityDevil

pay cash for everything

I thought of that. Also the fact of picking it up myself, as opposed to having being on someone's mailing list.

MCD? Where would you hide your goodies? If you owned a home, you'd probably get away with it by building a hidden room of some sorts.

What about people that live in apartments?

~Ducky~

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
This is also my thinking as well.

Although the store is next to me, how the hell do I know that what I buy is going get me robbed next week with all the arms and extra food?

And will I have a place to stay if hell breaks loose?

[edit on 22-4-2008 by Ihavenoidea]

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Do you buy just from one store, or many?
And is it just you, or everyone buying at different times.

People that make meth do this with Sudafed due to the limits placed on what's needed.

[edit on 22-4-2008 by Ihavenoidea]

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Get a post office box and have it shipped there. Like a Mail Boxes etc. store. They could still go through your records and such but it adds a layer.

Source them locally (It may be more expensive) and pay cash.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by FredT

Sounds good to me

I live in an apartment, and don't think it would be feasible to hide large quantities of food here.

I wonder if I should look at storing food in the woods, away from prying eyes?

~Ducky~

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   
MRE's are just one of a very few items, used by the military, that do not have serial numbers on them for tracking. The palletized lot will have a tracking number, but not the individual case nor the individual meal.

This is why and how army surplus type store can sell them. They also buy them, from soldiers.

new topics

top topics

join