It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious 'bright young things' found in solar system

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Mysterious 'bright young things' found in solar system

space.newscientist.com

Some families seem blessed with eternal youth, looking much younger than their years. Now, astronomers have found just such a clan of icy objects in the outer solar system. They appear puzzlingly fresh-faced, despite the fact that they probably formed in a collision more than a billion years ago.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   
So six weird objects have been found on the outskirts of the Solar System. The Five smaller ones found in 2007 shouldn't even have icy or shiny surfaces since they're too small to have atmospheres. So what are they?

space.newscientist.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Mission to mars ha. We don't even know what is in our own backyard. There is so much unknown. When some previously 'unknown' rock from wherever gives the planet a good clobbering perhaps we'll spend some war money to safeguard the planet. And people could work cooperatively.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   
What I would like to know is if the shiny surfaces, that are supposed to ice, might be metallic? I mean if theyre too small to have atmospheres that would allow the ice, how do we know that its really ice? It makes me wonder if these "things" are something other than just rocks. What would the shiny hull of some large manufactured object look like that far away?

top topics

join