It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul, House Dems 'Targeted' Over Surveillance Opposition Votes!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Ron Paul, House Dems 'Targeted' Over Surveillance Opposition Votes!

rawstory.com

New radio ads are running in districts of several Democratic members of Congress, as well as Texas Republican Rep. Ron Paul, targeting the lawmakers for their opposition to a White House-backed surveillance bill. The ads play on national security fears in an attempt to spur these lawmakers to give in to the administration's demands.

Critics of the administration-backed bill say it does not guarantee enough civil liberties protections and would eliminate oversight of President Bush's warrantless wiretapping program.

(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 22-4-2008 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Are you freakin' kidding me? Now these bullies are trying to intimidate and harrass Ron Paul and others who are fighting for our civil liberties?!? Something has to be done to stop this disgusting crap!! This is UNREAL!

Defense of Democracies is running ads in a dozen districts across the country, targeting 11 Democrats and Paul who voted for an alternative FISA bill that passed the House last month.

"This refusal to oppose the bogus House bill ensures that vital intelligence is being lost and that America’s intelligence community does not have the tools needed to detect and prevent terrorist attacks," the group's president Clifford May, said in a news release posted to its Web site.

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I'll be interested to see how this plays out. Looks like they're beginning to point the finger at anyone that wants to stand in the way of government with impunity and the destruction of the Constitution.

It would really be interesting to see if Bush could be brought up on charges that he failed to "protect the Constitution from enemies both foreign and domestic." Simply because Bush has done more to dismantle the Constitution than anyone else in over 230 years.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by kelbtalfenek

That's EXACTLY what this is--Bullying those that are standing in the way of them imposing absolute totalitorian, fascist rule over the populace...And the number of folks in congressional seat standing up to these monsters is diminishing, thanks to strong arm tactics like this...

I doubt Bush will ever be tried for anything domestically, as too many of his "appointees" in Justice have vested interests with him...The whole system is completely corrupted and polluted.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective
reply to post by kelbtalfenek

That's EXACTLY what this is--Bullying those that are standing in the way of them imposing absolute totalitorian, fascist rule over the populace...And the number of folks in congressional seat standing up to these monsters is diminishing, thanks to strong arm tactics like this...

I doubt Bush will ever be tried for anything domestically, as too many of his "appointees" in Justice have vested interests with him...The whole system is completely corrupted and polluted.

It's amazing to think that the majority of the commonweal in these United States think that everything is just fine. I've been sending articles to my parents and they're flabbergasted.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   
JC on a piece of toast! Cut it out, DD!! I'm pushin' 22 hours awake right now and never got to wind down from being po'd at the polls today. And I still haven't hit an update on The Daily Mid-East Mess thread, b/c my connection crapped out on me at work last night
Ok... delerious... on to topic...

The blatent 'in your face' moves from this Admin. are mind blowing

And it's one after another... all the while, most people caught up in their own little slave world, little do they realize. Like I noted elsewhere today, I truly felt like a slave last night as I got up to go to work; and my job isn't even that strenuous (sp?) nor time consuming, but I have to be there. And top that off with forced taxes and shelling out the rest on shelter, food, and petroleum products... and there is then little left, if any. Slave.
JC... what's the topic again?

"Defense of Democracies"

What kiind of sick joke is that? This just gets more surreal by the day...

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Ron Paul got dinged today in PA. The Republican ballot still had Mitt Romney on it - so there were 3 choices. I think some old farts are voting Mitt thinking he's still in the race.

I voted Ron Paul. There was pretty large support for Ron in our county here near Philadelphia. Outside the polling place, a guy with a van had huge Ron Paul posters all over it. But he'll get no respect in the press even if he gets 20% of the votes.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   
This is disgusting. Just another example of the agenda going forward whether we like it or not.

top topics

join