It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proving John Walson wrong about lunar "intelligent activity" - Part 1

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Hi all: This is my first post although I've been a visitor for many years. I post this here because I've written a couple of times to Jeff Rense's Webmaster, James Neff, and I don't know if I'm being ignored or there is something wrong over at rense.com. I found it necessary to break this up into 2 Parts because the whole thing does not fit on one ATS page, although as you'll see on Part 2 it's not THAT long.

Hi Jeff: Here I am again enjoying my favorite pastime, debunking. The last time was a few years ago when I took on a claim found in a couple of books, the most famous one being "THE DA VINCI CODE" in which I laid to rest, with careful research and visually with photos, the claim that there is a disembodied hand holding a dagger in Leonardo da Vinci's painting "The Last Supper." ("DaVinci, The Dagger & Bullcookies", 5-3-04, www.rense.com..."

Now, I'm taking on John Walson Leland with the claim that a couple of his lunar photos (and video) show "...arresting evidence of large scale intelligent activity on the lunar surface." I'd like to challenge that with this saying credited to Abraham Lincoln: "You can fool some of the people some of the time and all of the people some of the time, but you can't fool all of the people all of the time." versus Carl Sagan saying: "...Precisely because of human fallibility, extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence."

In Rense's latest article: "John Walson Visits The Moon - Part 4" - 4-14-08, we are told: "In another stunning exhibition of astrophotography, John focuses once again on the moon and takes us right down to the surface and unearths (no pun intended) arresting new evidence of large scale intelligent activity on the lunar surface." This is followed by a still frame taken by Walson through his telescope of the lunar surface. Additional closeups are shown to bolster the claim that what one is seeing is not a natural feature but signs of alien activity.

Any such claim immediately activates me into action and I engage in research to prove the claimant right or wrong. Walson does not provide location information nor is any lunar feature named, such as crater names. This makes it difficult for researchers but I am fortunate to own a copy of a NASA publication, "LUNAR ORBITER PHOTOGRAPHIC ATLAS OF THE MOON," BOWKER and HUGHES, NASA SP-206, 1971. This huge and heavy volume features 675 large black and white PLATES of the complete lunar surface in high resolution. I had to look through many plates before I found what I believed to be the appropriate area, realizing as I was doing so that the photos featured in the article might be reversed (due to the telescope) making the search a little more difficult. But eventually I succeeded.

Sure enough, Walson makes the claims because of a visual shortcoming very simply explained: you cannot see any feature on the moon through an earth-bound telescope and claim that it is not a natural feature. High resolution closeup photos of the same area, taken by the Lunar Orbiter, are superior to a view through a telescope and counter the claims of "intelligent activity."

I'm an old hand when it comes to debunking similar claims made by others who instead of looking through a telescope, used poorly-reproduced NASA photos.

Instead of my sending you digital photos of the PLATES in my ATLAS showing the areas in Walson's photos, to show you how wrong he is, I'll take advantage of the fact that my ATLAS was digitized and can be found on the web at
www.lpi.usra.edu...

On that page you'll see Lunar Orbiter IV photo IV-110-H2 broken up in 3 views: 1-overall, 2-overall with feature names, 3-sketch of moon showing location of overall photo, in black. The location is Mare Imbrium (Latin for "Sea of Showers" or "Sea of Rains", a vast lunar mare filling a basin). Each thumbnail can be clicked on for a larger photo.

new topics

join