It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China Post ask: "What are the US aircraft career battle groups for?"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   

China Post ask: "What are the US aircraft career battle groups for?"

www.chinapost.com.tw

Three U.S. aircraft carrier battle groups are patrolling waters off southeast Taiwan. The task forces with the Kitty Hawk, Nimitz and Lincoln in the lead are believed to continue the patrol until May 20. Of course, it's rather unusual. But what for?
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   
We had the same question in here under deep talk over one month ago, do you still remember?

Observing the Massive Naval Preparations in the Pacific
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Now, today Chinese are asking the same question in public!

Do we now get the answer, do you now have it?

www.chinapost.com.tw
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I had a dream that was very vivid, two nights ago.

I was on a U.S. aircraft carrier, and the capitan was totally insane. We were somewhere south of China. The capitan of the boat decided to attack China. I was in the bridge with him, and I kept telling him, NO don't do it, they have nuclear weapons!! He would not listen. He said watch this. At this point he wildly steered the ship into a small island sandbar. The ship was grounded with the bow at a higher angle than normal, since the front of the boat was on the beach. The capitan then started launching f-18's fully loaded with bombs and fuel. I was horrified, because I knew it would be a matter of minutes before nuclear ICBM's were going to start raining down on me, and America.

I woke up in a sweat, and was really shaken by it. I'm not saying this was a premonition or anything, but I was thinking about that dream earlier, and then I saw this thread, so I thought I would share my dream.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   
^sounds like general macarthur.. lets do it.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   
THe answer is pretty obvious no? Just making sure the communist leadership knows we are still here. Its understandable what with them being preoccupied by all the human rights abuses and squashing protests in Tibet, so its a friendly reminder

[edit on 4/22/08 by FredT]

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I highly doubt we are going to attack anyone in that region, well maybe Abu Sayaf. How far is the Phillippines from the carriers? Other than that were just making a presence to show support for Taiwan.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

The US Navy maintains a strong presence in the Pacific all the time.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   
My dead pappy is rolling over in his grave that someone called a US carrier a boat, lol. Deterence is practiced on and off with muscle since the cold war and is picking up again. Research the recent Sovet "Bear" fly-bys of American carrier "ships" to get a feel for the world resorting back to cold war doctrine.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   
USS Kitty Hawk just came out of maintenance. The Nimitz was covering her operations while she was undergoing service. Now that she's back, she has to undergo workups to make sure everything is working properly, so the Nimitz is exercising with her. The Lincoln is operating in the 5th Fleet AOO, which is all the way over in the Middle East. She's on a 7 month deployment with the 5th Fleet.

www.cusnc.navy.mil...

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Some answer for Chinese:

US presses China to halt Zimbabwe arms ship

The United States pressed China yesterday to halt a shipment of weapons to Zimbabwe and stop further sales amid mounting international pressure against the deliveries.

www.telegraph.co.uk.../news/2008/04/23/wzim123.xml

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by FredT

and what of the US squashing free tibet protests in NYC?

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 03:58 AM
link   
If the two world orders want to kill each other go ahead. See which world order more superior than the other.
But leave the civilians alone!

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 04:17 AM
link   
The article provided one answer:

The logical conclusion is that the Americans are afraid President Chen may do something extraordinary to prevent Ma's inauguration.

Everyone in mainland China, Taiwan, Hong Kong and other overseas Chinese are looking forward if Ma will arrest Chen immediately after the inauguration for corruption. Chen knows this very well and might plot a coup.

Second logical answer is that the US wants to show some muscles to PRC during this highly sensitive period regarding the Tibet issue.

Thirdly the US wants to support the Hong Kong tourism and consumer market
USS Kitty Hawk to make first stop in Hong Kong since access spat What I saw on the Hong Kong news channels were welcoming reports, and immediate calculation of how much the average US sailor would spend during the few days visit. Bars and touristic places turnover were boosted.

Around 7,000 sailors from the carrier and up to six support ships will visit Hong Kong during the stay.
One HK news report mentioned average spending of USD 1500, that is conservatively about 10.5 million USD extra business. And this is excluding all the friends and relatives flying over to meet up with the home-sick sailors.

Fourthly, I am too lazy to look up the exact positions of each group, maybe people are simply too sensitive and anything to the South-East of Taiwan is called "South East of Taiwanese seas". You know, the Pacific Ocean is HUGE.

new topics

top topics

join