It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama gives Clinton the finger.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   
OK I can't verify this is even not dummied up footage, but if its real its right here. I dropped this in skunk works because I can't work the film to see if its real.

www.funnyordie.com...

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I read about this a few days ago. Obama did indeed give Hillary 'the finger'. He'll deny it ... but that look on his face and the reaction of the crowd says that he definately did.

Oh .. and some bloggers are pointing out that 26 seconds into ths particular speech Obama did a 'street slang' with his pinky ... and the street slang basically said to Hillary - 'your man has a small winkie'.

Apparently he has done other 'street signs' ....
read responses here

I don't know if that's true .... but that's what bloggers are saying.

[edit on 4/22/2008 by FlyersFan]

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Folks are really grasping at straws these days. I often scratch my nose with my middle finger. I'll give Obama the same leeway on this as I did with Clinton when she said that Obama hadn't "done his spadework." In my opinion, it was an ill-timed mannerism.

/tn.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by teleonaut
Folks are really grasping at straws these days.

Naaaaaaaaaaaah. He did it.

Even if he did't (but he did!!), he should know better than to do what he did. Every gesture a POTUS makes will mean something - especially overseas.

But teleonaut .. he definately did it and he knew what he was doing.

Apparently this isnt' the first hand gesture he has done either.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Maybe he did it and maybe he didn't. Again, I'm giving him leeway this time since I have a penchant for scratching my nose with my middle finger, but I am in no way flipping the bird to someone when I do it. I doubt very seriously that I'll be voting for McCain, Clinton, or Obama -- so I have no personal stake in defending any of them. I just think this whole story is getting blown up for no good reason.

Let's just assume for a moment that he did. So what? This has nothing to do with any legitimate issue facing our country. I guess I ultimately don't understand its relevance. Perhaps Mrs. Clinton should watch her own handwork, since every gesture will mean something overseas.

This isn't the first hand gesture that any major leader has done. Bush caused quite a stir overseas flashing a very similar signal to the one that Hillary is throwing in the image above. He's still POTUS. Bill Clinton flashed various gestures too. To digress a bit: the only remaining major candidate that I have yet to see flash some stupid hand signal is McCain, but that certainly doesn't mean that I hold him in some higher regard as a result. In the end, I'll place my vote based on a candidate's stance on the issues, not on what signals they may or may not be intentionally flashing.

You cannot definitively say what Obama's intentions were, FlyersFan, inasmuch as I cannot definitively say so either. Both of our opinions are conjecture. Note that I stated clearly in my previous post that I was voicing an opinion. I think you're pushing it to say that he definitely did it and knew what he was doing. Unless, of course, you've personally spoken with Obama and he has personally told you that he was flipping Hill-Rod the bird.

/tn.

EDIT: I should clarify one point of my previous post that I left egregiously unexplained, and of which my word choice was terrible. Not the world's best excuse, but I've been home sick lately and I've been slacking on choosing words carefully. When I said "Folks are really grasping at straws here," what I should have said is: "The media is really reaching for a story here." It's obvious that there is evidence to support this debate -- his middle finger is definitely engaged. I did not mean for it to sound as if I was doubting the video or anything like that. I do doubt whether there was any intent to engage that finger, and I do think the media could find something more apropos to talk about.

[edit on 22-4-2008 by teleonaut]

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Alright! I believe Obama did give Hillary the finger! That's my man! Someone who won't hold back and truly represents change with a bit of humor from that video. His public action reminds me of what I would do in a subtle way when other people piss me off.

It's better than Hillary flashing that 'Satanic' gesture with her right hand from a photo. For me, that horned symbolic representation appears 'evil'. Now, I'm not too sure who I want as the next president of the United States.

[edit on 2008-4-22 by pikypiky]

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I'm glad to see that the elections have finally gotten around to focusing on the more serious issues of the day. Oh, look! Something shiny!

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I don't much like either of them, just thought it was some good comic relief.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I would say deliberate. Or at the very least didn't care that people would see it as deliberate, as he laughed along with them.

By the way, the Hillary hand-gesture in the picture above is not Satanic. The thumb would not have been extended if it were.

EDIT to add: I think it's pretty funny actually.

[edit on 4/22/0808 by jackinthebox]

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackinthebox

By the way, the Hillary hand-gesture in the picture above is not Satanic. The thumb would not have been extended if it were.

[edit on 4/22/0808 by jackinthebox]

I believe it means peace in sign language.

One would have to look it up

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Illahee

Sorry, but my thought about this is, if anyone deserves to get the "finger" it's Hillary, and her nasty little dog, Bill, too!

Hillariously funny stuff. I hope he keeps it up!

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Every gesture a POTUS makes will mean something - especially overseas.

I have seen plenty of people that I know make this gesture, to scratch an itch on their face or to clear their eye with their middle finger. And while I know that they were not giving me the "middle finger" (at least I hope not), I could not help but take notice of what the gesture with that finger implies. It's almost natural for me to perceive even though it is not one of my mannerisms. So I have an idea why members of the audience would have applauded at that moment

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Enthralled Fan

their are allot of secret hand signals. look at this video of political leaders giving a few cult like gestures.

www.youtube.com...

and another about it being a satanic thing

www.youtube.com...

freaky stuff. i like the middle finger more then these any day.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   
If I were him I would probably flip her the bird as well... talk about a shrew... no wonder Bill wanders.

Its no worse than Cheney telling another senator (forget which one) to go F himself.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   
To me that video looks like he was just scratching his face, How i would love to talk horrible stuffs on him since i do hate him, Im not going to buy into this horrible propaganda just to find any "Dirt" on a person

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hakii
Im not going to buy into this horrible propaganda just to find any "Dirt" on a person

It's not 'horrible propaganda' .. it's just a fact. He flipped her off.

Originally posted by grover
If I were him I would probably flip her the bird as well...

And this is why most of his audience laughed and applauded.
They want to do it too.

Originally posted by teleonaut
Let's just assume for a moment that he did. So what?

1 - Although we are all pleased that someone flipped off Hillary, it shouldn't have publically came from him. It's not proper POTUS behavior.
2 - You prove my point with this next statement -

Bush caused quite a stir overseas flashing a very similar signal to the one that Hillary is throwing in the image above.

Different gestures a person makes when making a speech or visitng overseas could mean something negative.

He just wanted to be a smart-a$$ and he showed how un presidential he really is. Hey .. I like that someone flipped her off .. but you cant' have a POTUS doing that.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Yeah as much as I would also like to flip Hillary off, that is no excuse and is not acceptable from a presidential canditate. Talk about immaturity and poor judgement. This is just another to add to the list of poor judgement calls by Obama, me, my gf, my friends, family, almost everyone I know are completely amazed that this guy is takin seriously after he has proven himself to be a poor decision maker. Even if this guy was initially going to scratch his noes, he must of almost immediately been aware of what he's doing, the crowd sure is and then he kind of giggles along with them, like "yeah, thats how I feel." Imagine if all the canditates had free reign to express their feelings about other canditates. Maybe it's nothing to get all uptight about, normaly I might agree but this guy creeps me out to the highest degree, it's like a wolf in sheeps clothing manipulating all the little sheep.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   
So that's what an ObamaBird looks like.
I guess Hillary deserves every bird that gets flipped in her direction.

new topics

top topics

join