It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wal-Mart to outsource more IT to India(from USA)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Wal-Mart to outsource more IT to India

www.domain-b.com

Mumbai: Wal-Mart Stores Inc has announced that it would increase technology activities in India, as it seeks to expand its remote sourcing model.

According to a statement by the company, it will work with a number of technology firms in India to support its global operations. In August 2007, Wal-Mart set up a joint venture with India's Bharti Enterprises for rolling out wholesale cash-and-carry operations in the country.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related Discussion Threads:
engforum.pravda.ru...

[edit on 22-4-2008 by manson_322]

[edit on 22-4-2008 by manson_322]

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Walmart may be America's biggest employer, but it's making sure the best jobs go overseas.

Walmart will still employ Americans to stack shelves (they haven't found a way to outsource that yet), but the intellectually demanding job of overhauling its IT infrastructure will go to Indians.

more from the article :

Wal-Mart is looking at its international operations to hedge against dropping sales in its domestic market in the US

www.domain-b.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   
India has become an hub for I.T jobs, everyday thousands of jobs gets listed on job search engine like jobmixi.com.

Capitalism at its finest. Chinese goods, Indian IT, American consumers. You wanted globalization and you've got it.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   
surely , seems to me that Walmart is prefering indians because they are far more educated than the americans

Go Walmart

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   
coomment on walmart from other website.:
Wal-Mart will only ruin Amercian Ma and Pa businesses when Ma and Pa are lazy and complacent. How can Ma and Pa compete? Simple! By offering something the big box stores can't, personalized service, by making an effort to remember repeat customers names, by offering a smile, a handshake, a heartfelt thank you, by extra service, "May I carry that out to the car for you Mrs. Jones"? "Did you enjoy the (whatever) you bought last week Mr. Smith"? When Ma and Pa are willing to make the extra effort to make their customers feel welcome and valued, those customers will come back again and again but too many Ma and Pa types are too busy whining and complaining to bother. Ma and Pa are putting themselves out of business, not Wal-Mart....
www.freenewmexican.com...

so americans learn to stop being lazy

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   
the government should tax corporations that outsource work like this so much outsourcing wouldn't be an option anymore.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Eventually the only human employees at Walmart stores will be the min wage stockers. They'll wear headsets and ankle bracelets. Indian mangers will tell them what to do and shock them when they make a mistake.

Small buisnesses won't come back unless they sell you toilet paper and wipe your butt too. The lowest price wins over service on products like cereal and underwear.

The best buisness would be dollar stores. They have the basics, you don't wait in lines and low overhead. They need to spruce them up some, give the cashier a toothbrush, and rename them Corner Stores.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by xstealth

That is exactly what I was going to say. If all these companies keep outsourcing jobs for cheap labor, pretty soon most of the Americans will be unemployed.
Taxing corporations hard to outsource jobs would be the best way to get them to stay.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by BrezhnevX

Well, that may be one reason but is another one that is more profitable, see in India they can get educated people to work more for less pay.

That is the whole idea behind outsourcing, cheap labor and more work for the money. . . in America that is call slaving, in developing countries nobody cares specially the wealth holders.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Equinox99

Or just make your average American not be so cheap and buy at local, small stores.

Taxation won't fix the problem, it will only treat the symptom, while the disease continues to spread.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Instant-gratification on a large scale is what this is.

In the long run, companies like Wal-Mart who outsource are shooting themselves in the foot. Because without jobs, American consumers won't consume anymore.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Equinox99
reply to post by xstealth

That is exactly what I was going to say. If all these companies keep outsourcing jobs for cheap labor, pretty soon most of the Americans will be unemployed.
Taxing corporations hard to outsource jobs would be the best way to get them to stay.

Something needs to be done. I am a computer programmer and many of my friends in the industry are jobless right now. I have a full time job but my pay is cut dramatically from what I used to and should be making.

I see the effects of outsourcing every day, and its horrible for our economy. All it does it keep the rich happy while he pisses on the working class and calling it rain.

I blame it with the housing crisis for the shape our economy is in now.

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Exactly thirdworlders, how are YOU gonna have any jobs after the US has no jobs? Without US consumer demands, even your cheap labour's gonna be worthless.

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   
In the words of Franklin D. Roosevelt:

The first truth is that the liberty of a democracy is not safe if the people tolerate the growth of private power to a point where it becomes stronger than their democratic state itself. That, in its essence, is fascism--ownership of government by an individual, by a group, or by any other controlling private power

" target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I too am a computer programmer and have my own business.

Much of my business has been cleaning up after India! Companies will first contract with India only to have the project either take much too long or not work as visioned.

The companies then look to get a US company (usually) to redo the job. Many of the huge corporations are guilty of it.

top topics

join