It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Charged with giving Israel secret documents

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   

www.msnbc.msn.com

A U.S. Army mechanical engineer has been arrested on charges that he slipped classified documents about nuclear weapons to an employee of the Israeli Consulate, the Justice Department said Tuesday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   
hmm. allies huh?

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   
do they still hang traitors in the army? hung, drawn and quatered should be the only punishmant.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   

A criminal complaint said the activities occurred from 1979 through 1985.

Glad they're right on it. Who knows what the Israelis could have done with the info if they had the time. Maybe even develop nuclear weapons.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   
They'll probably throw the book at this guy, unless he's Jewish in which case it'll get swept under the rug and the story will disappear.
Notice how it's gone very quiet on the trial of the two AIPAC representatives accused of doing the same thing. It's also likely that that particular case, after being postponed so many times may too disappear.

But it's OK, they are allies.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   
i guess israel wants to be allies, but wants to steal our nuke and F-15 specifications??????? they coulda asked

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by mythatsabigprobe

Glad they're right on it. Who knows what the Israelis could have done with the info if they had the time. Maybe even develop nuclear weapons.

hehe year Im glad they are 20 years late but hey thats American government at work there. Isnt it good to know your taxpayer dollars are hard at work...and these guys are supposed to be allies but yet they are stealing info. We go through a lot of crap for the defense of Isreal and to me this is a slap in the face.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   
^agreed. i wonder how they found this out

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by mythatsabigprobe

They already have over 200 nuclear warheads, F-15s, and Patriot missle systems. Why would they need to steal this info?

I think there's another angle to this arrest myself.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   
i bet no one will find out the outcome of this story

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by LLoyd45

Wikipedia
The U.S. Central Intelligence Agency believed that Israel's first bombs may have been made with highly enriched uranium stolen in the mid-1960s from the U.S. Navy nuclear fuel plant operated by the Nuclear Materials and Equipment Corporation in Apollo, Pennsylvania, where sloppy material accounting would have masked the theft.[16][17]

By 1974 U.S. Intelligence believed Israel had stockpiled a small number of fission weapons,[18] and by 1979 were perhaps in a position so they could test a more advanced small tactical nuclear weapon or thermonuclear weapon trigger design.[19]
On October 5, 1986, the British newspaper The Sunday Times ran Mordechai Vanunu's story on its front page under the headline: "Revealed: the secrets of Israel's nuclear arsenal".
On October 5, 1986, the British newspaper The Sunday Times ran Mordechai Vanunu's story on its front page under the headline: "Revealed: the secrets of Israel's nuclear arsenal".

The first public revelation of Israel's nuclear capability (as opposed to development program) came in the London based Sunday Times on October 5, 1986, which printed information provided by Mordechai Vanunu, formerly employed at the Negev Nuclear Research Center, a facility located in the Negev desert south of Dimona. For publication of state secrets, he was sentenced to 18 years in prison for treason and espionage. Although there had been much speculation prior to Vanunu's revelations that the Dimona site was creating nuclear weapons, Vanunu's information indicated that Israel had also built thermonuclear weapons.[20]

They probably stole advanced trigger designs for their program in '79, to go with the nuclear material they stole from us to build their bombs in the first place. No doubt we payed for all this just like we pay for all their defense. I guess this goes to show, if we stopped paying them they'd just steal it anyway. Nice friends.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Hello!!! Does anyone still fail to realize that the headquarters of the Empire is in Israel, not in America. We are just the Manufacturing and drone production for the empire. R&D is done here and in Europe as well. The toys for the slaves are built in East Asia. But if you look carefully, Israel is relatively in the center of the stretches of the empire. They can look their enemy in the eye as they maintain control and suck the resources out of the world they have cometo dominate.

I not saying Israel is the leader, I saying the leaders of the Empire have based their headquarters there, and utilize the resources and manpower of the world empire to protect that land and oppress the enemy.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I think it's hilarious that every time we hear about a Chinese spy operation in the US, we have all kinds of people coming out of the woodwork babbling about "OMG China is the enemy!! WW3! New Cold War! Yay!"

When news comes out about an Israeli spy operation in the US, what do we hear from the same crowd? Silence...

Sadly, I get the feeling a lot of our "superpatriot" types are far more loyal to Israel than they are to the US itself, no matter how much they wrap themselves in the US flag...

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Oh, my God. What a surprise. A Jew is betraying his home for Israel. Sarcasm ON: Geez. I never thought this could be even possible...

If you're reading this Kilgore, this is that what about I talked just a FEW hours ago. They're betraying everyone, even their closest allies. See?

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swatman

www.msnbc.msn.com

A U.S. Army mechanical engineer has been arrested on charges that he slipped classified documents about nuclear weapons to an employee of the Israeli Consulate,

prrety much reflects the loose-leash security/controls which allowed the 9-11 teams of terrorists to operate.

the Army Engineer was most likely tailed by a succession of teams,
or at least put on a watch alert when he/she was interacting with national-security-sensitive person's of interest. (which a consulate position would be)
For all we know, this Engineer made dozens of contacts with anybody
willing to 'pay' for the information... the Israeli consulate person was only when the trap-got-sprung!

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by xmotex

Sshhh! The mossad will hear you. They're everywhere.

I really don't understand the fanatical support base for Israel myself. What have they ever done for us?

[edit on 4/22/08 by LLoyd45]

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   
even my father said, no matter what country a jew lives in, they always put israel before everyone else

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by LLoyd45

They have to have their own country before Jeeeesus comes back and smites everyone. That's one reason the right-winger fundies love that place.

Most of the love for Israel doesn't come from Israel, but from Israeli pressure on the government. Their lobbying groups are fantastic at that.

Israel should be cut off from the US, both militarily and financially. Any country that can be created by the stroke of a pen should expect to leave the same way.

I'm no anti-semite - people are people. My real beef is the succession of regimes that Israel has demanded govern it. Democracy is a *bleep*, huh?

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I'm not interested in the anti-semitic BS.

I've known plenty of Jews that don't care much for Israel or it's policies.

If anything it's the right wing "Christian Zionist" types that wield the real power in keeping the US aligned with Israel. Of course the buckets of $$ handed out to our politicians by AIPAC don't help much either.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 11:44 PM
link   
you guys are right, this stuff never gets attention but when the chinese are spying on us, LOOK OUT MUTUALLY ASSURED DESTRUCTION

top topics

<<   2 >>

join