It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North American Union Talks in New Orleans

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   

North American Union Talks in New Orleans

loudobbs.tv.cnn.com

Protesters are gathered New Orleans where President Bush is meeting with Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper and Mexican President Felipe Calderon. The three leaders are meeting behind closed doors under the auspices of the “Security and Prosperity Partnership”—also known as the North American Union. The SPP/NAU has been a boon for corporate interests and a massive blow to U.S. sovereignty, conducted entirely in secret. Now the protesters are saying enough is enough.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
North American Union Police in California, have they arrived?
The North American Union Myth

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I saw this disturbing report on CNN yesterday. You can watch the segment by going to the source and clicking on the video.

Lou Dobbs is claiming that this meeting is possibly negotiations of a North American Union and/or a NAU highway. He raises a valid concern that this is being done without any consent of Congress or the people in any of the three countries.

Here is a link to the SPP government sight mentioned in the article.

www.spp.gov...

loudobbs.tv.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
The press is really downplaying what's going on with this.

I am a New Orleans native, and I work just across the river from the CBD (about 5 minutes away).

I have never seen security this high for signing documents. I also have never seen so little media coverage of a presidential visit to the city.

Also, the Times Picayune newspaper, on its website (www.nola.com) yesterday, showed pictures of five or so protestors, and made it sound really minor. On the local news last night, however, they showed that there were greater numbers in protest (although still rather disappointing).

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Here is an updated article on this meeting with topics covered. Bush said that this was not the time to re-negotiate NAFTA regardless of what the democratic candidates say.

Bush Pushes for Trade at North American Summit

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hal9000
Lou Dobbs is claiming that this meeting is possibly negotiations of a North American Union and/or a NAU highway.

I am amazed at how little awareness there is regarding this...the TTC is already underway. The SPP paved the way; anything further on an NAU will most likely be obligatory only, unless they start drafting a North American Constitution.

Dated August 23, 2006
Called the Trans-Texas Corridor (TTC), on which construction is planned to begin next year, this highway would bisect Texas from its border with Mexico to Oklahoma. Hearings held by the Texas Department of Transportation this summer attracted hundreds of angry Texans.

It's Already Begun

They Are Holding Public Hearings For Texans to Voice THeir Concerns on How the Project Will Impact the Area

The NAU is no longer a myth....the SPP is the NAU and I expect things to just continue along as if the public doesn't know. The only opposition I have seen came from a Congressional letter sent on the eve of this summit telling Bush to stop everything until transparency is achieved.

Fat Chance of that happening in my opinion. Which means that the presidency is playing us all for fools and the next President will likely follow suit.

America...land of the illusioned free.

By the way, I just finished debating this topic....it's the link in my signature. Check it out...

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   
The Trans-Texas corrider is one of many "corriders" being built to facilitate the NAU. Apparently, the "authority" is taking private land, in some cases, before the owners even get a court hearing.

That brings us to some of my concerns. Perhaps the most galling to me is the provision in the enabling legislation, HB 3588 (section 370.165), and the follow-up legislation, HB 2702 (section 203.066 and 203.067), allowing private property to be taken prior to any litigation.

One of our protections in the case of a government taking property (eminent domain) in Texas is a right to trial in order to assess value and even the appropriateness of the taking under the state code. A value on your property can be set in a court of law by a jury or you can elect to accept a value placed beforehand by a special commission of taxpayers from your area appointed by the presiding judge.

The original bill that passed both houses about this specific project included language allowing homesteads to be taken by “the authority” after 91 days from the date of initial service and even before you have your day in court. You still get your hearings and court-assessed value, but in some cases after you have been evicted from your own home.

Raw land can even be taken immediately upon service and before any court hearings. This puts the land or homeowner at a disadvantage. Families will find themselves under a lot of pressure to relocate prior to their initial hearing, if they do not accept the initial offer from Cintra/TxDOT.

corridornews.blogspot.com...

And here, the Texas Dept. of Transportion's own web site....

www.keeptexasmoving.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow">
www.keeptexasmoving.com...

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

Thanks for the input. I have to admit that I have not looked much into the topic of a NAU simply because there is so many other things going on. I have read about how many believe this means a real union as in joining of the three countries, but I am not informed enough to form an opinion of whether it is or it is as described to be a cooperation between our countries. Like NAFTA, I think there would be benefits, but there will also be more job loss in some areas. It just ticks me off that this is all being done without congressional input or approval, and given the track record of this administration, they cannot be trusted to do anything on their own.

I started reading your debate, and it looks very informative. I will have to finish it later and see how you do. Good luck.

And thanks kattraxx, for the info on the highway. It certainly looks like many land owners are getting shafted with that project. It appears to me that Texas has the most to gain on this whole deal.

new topics

top topics

join