It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

earth ring

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I was just going through some top msn links when i opened up messenger and i found an article which made me go hmmmm....
The picture below is planet earth with all the satelites spinning around it but it looks remarkably like a future saturn.

the article

im not sure how to do links on here so forgive me, the above is the story.
i hope i got that right....
so what do you think?
was their a civilisation on saturn
?

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Does make you wonder how the aliens manage to navigate their way through our junkyard though

And no, Saturn is a gas planet, although Titan could hold a few suprises for us

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 09:41 AM
link   
thank you for the reply,
I know saturn is a gas giant, but what if it wasnt in the past, The gas could be old broken down microscopic pieces of old satelites, eh?

who knows....

I dont think it would be that hard to navigate through "our junk" being that satelites are hundreds of miles apart

[edit on 22-4-2008 by Dar Kuma]

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 09:48 AM
link   
It would have been nice if they had pointed out the the little icons representing the sats and junk are not to scale

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 10:08 AM
link   
how sure are they that all that stuff is just junk?
it occurred to me that at least some of the stuff in the pictures could be alien craft

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   
thats a good point wayno,
but maybe there are no satelites and they are all alien craft?

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   
It is amazing what one can make things look like by misrepresenting scale. Each and every one of the bits of "space debris" in the slideshow images were hundreds, if not thousands of times bigger, relative to the earth, than they really are.

Consider if you took a cup of sand and managed to loft the grains into the air over, say, the Mojave. Get 'em evenly spread out, more or less, and that's what space debris is relative to the planet.

Paint 'em big enough and they do look scary.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 01:07 AM
link   
yes, but thats not what the thread was about,
i just looked at the pic and thought mmm, looks like saturn.

And then i thought hey, what if saturn used to be like earth and they had satelites once?

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 07:03 AM
link   
How would you explain Saturn's different chemical composition? The differences are a bit more extreme than simple "air pollution" would ever be able to explain. Then there's the massive (no pun intended) difference in size and temperature. If Saturn were once even remotely similar to Earth, you'd have to explain where the extra mass came from, and how the chemical composition totally changed.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 07:09 AM
link   
you forgot to mention that if Saturn did use to be like earth and have loads of space junk....it all turned to rock?? wtf.. please try to make sense

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by freakyclown
you forgot to mention that if Saturn did use to be like earth and have loads of space junk....it all turned to rock?? wtf.. please try to make sense

dude, were in skunkworks...anything can happen.

ok, i cant say anything for the mass but saturns composition, easy, nuclear?
oh and as for the rock, is it rock?
do you have a piece to check that out?

thank you

new topics

top topics

join