It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al-Queda disputes conspiracy theorists

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Osama bin Laden's chief deputy on Tuesday denied a theory that Israel carried out the Sept. 11 attacks and blamed Iran and Shiite Hezbollah for spreading the idea to discredit the Sunni al-Qaida's strike against the U.S.

The comments in a recording posted on an Islamic Web site reflected the increasing criticism by al-Qaida's No. 2 leader Ayman al-Zawahri against Iran. Al-Zawahri has accused Iran in recent messages of seeking to extend its power in the Middle East, particularly in Iraq and through its Hezbollah allies in Lebanon.

The authenticity of the two-hour audio recording could not be independently confirmed. But the voice sounded like past audiotapes from the terror leader, and the posting where it was found bore the logo of Al-Sahab, al-Qaida's official media arm.

It was the second of two messages answering questions that were posted to Islamic militant Web sites earlier this year.

One of the questioners asked about the theory that has circulated in the Middle East and elsewhere that Israel was behind the 2001 attacks on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon.

Al-Zawahri accused Hezbollah's Al-Manar television of starting the rumor.

"The purpose of this lie is clear — (to suggest) that there are no heroes among the Sunnis who can hurt America as no else did in history. Iranian media snapped up this lie and repeated it," he said.

"Iran's aim here is also clear — to cover up its involvement with America in invading the homes of Muslims in Afghanistan and Iraq," he said.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unkle Greggo
al-Qaida's strike against the U.S.

The US made up Al-Qaida. We Supported OBL in Afganistan.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   
How nice of him to help out the jews with this issue.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   
when i saw the title of this thread i thought you guys would be talking about this video:

The Onion: '9/11 Conspiracy Theories Ridiculous' - Al Qaeda

It's very funny, I hope you get a giggle like i did.

[edit on 24-4-2008 by Insolubrious]

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Wow, The U.S. created boogeyman of AL-CIA-DA has now provided this solid information regarding the events of 9/11....

Come on man, "Al-Qaeda", " The Base", is just a pool of dupes and patsies.

A Hegelian "enemy" to rally the masses.

new topics

top topics

join