It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There has been an explosion at a pub in Leeds, with reports of injuries (updated)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 08:12 AM
link   

There has been an explosion at a pub in Leeds, with reports of injuries

news.bbc.co.uk

Four people are believed to have been injured in an explosion in a car park at a pub in Leeds city centre.

The blast happened at the Florence Nightingale on Beckett Street, close to St James' Hospital.

One eyewitness Lucy Murgatroyd, who was in the hospital at the time, said: "I heard a bang and when I got to the main entrance the whole pub was gone.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 22-4-2008 by infinite]

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 08:12 AM
link   
BBC is reporting an explosion in Leeds. An eye witness heard a large explosion and majority of the building was said to of collapsed.

Florence Nightingale is the pub in question.

Police are calling it a "serious incident"

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Is it looking like a "serious incident" as in terrorism or as in a really bad accident?

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Gonna be watching this one...

Thanks for the heads up.

I hope no-one is too hurt. There doesn't seem to be much info out there yet, does there?

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
Is it looking like a "serious incident" as in terrorism or as in a really bad accident?

Not sure,

police are reportin injuries. Reports it was in the car park, near the entrance. At first, I thought a gas explosion, but it occured in the car park.

The pub is in the city centre of Leeds.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 08:21 AM
link   
News24 getting reports in that the pub was closed and boarded up. People smelling gas before explosion happened.

See what unfolds.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Yeah,
Eyewitness on BBC.

Reports are conflicting, let's hope it was a gas explosion.

Four people are injuried (BBC)

[edit on 22-4-2008 by infinite]

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Weird that this hasn't hit the CNN ticker yet. They are usually all about reporting a possible terrorist act.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Karlhungis
Weird that this hasn't hit the CNN ticker yet. They are usually all about reporting a possible terrorist act.

I doubt it is terrorist,
80% sure it was a gas explosion.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Karlhungis

Aha! But I'm sure FOX are waking up a resident "Terrorism Expert" and digging out stock footage of Osama right now

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 08:26 AM
link   
They might have something on camera (as they have cams around there I'm sure) and we should soon see who left the vehicle.

Hope all gets cleared up and they catch the ass-clowns who did this.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Local news story confirms it was a disused pub

www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk...

Therefore either accident or someone was using it as a bomb factory (I don't think terrorists are likely to deliberately blow up a derelict building
)

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 08:32 AM
link   
ooer,hope this isn't them pesky tewwowists.

Also hope that the injuries reported are not serious,and no fatalities! (and no more to come)

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Essan
Local news story confirms it was a disused pub

www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk...

Therefore either accident or someone was using it as a bomb factory (I don't think terrorists are likely to deliberately blow up a derelict building
)

could have been squatters trying to reconnect the gas mains. Or even a meth lab. Time,I guess,will tell.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Insurance job pehaps, maybe a squatter inadvertantly set of an explosion trying to access gas and electric. Maybe a meth lab gone wrong. Could be a terrorist squatter destroyed it with a meth lab to claim insurance. Is'nt it scary though that when accidents happen now we get so alarmed that something sinister may be behind it.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by atlasastro
Insurance job pehaps, maybe a squatter inadvertantly set of an explosion trying to access gas and electric. Maybe a meth lab gone wrong. Could be a terrorist squatter destroyed it with a meth lab to claim insurance. Is'nt it scary though that when accidents happen now we get so alarmed that something sinister may be behind it.
lol great minds

looks completly innocuos(sp) this. Thankfuly.

CX

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 08:39 AM
link   
News is reporting gas expolsion for the time being, i guess we'll hear more as they check it out in more detail.

They might have said gas exploision just to keep everyone quiet for the time being. After recent events in Leeds with all the links to terrorism, i doubt they'd want any ill feeling going about the community.

CX.

[edit on 22/4/08 by CX]

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 08:45 AM
link   
BBC Radio 5 just interviewed an eye witness who lives nearby and was drinking in the adjacent pub at lunchtime - he reports numerous people complaining about the smell of gas earlier today. Seems pretty conclusive to me.

Not everything that happens in the world is part of a conspiracy

[edit on 22-4-2008 by Essan]

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 08:52 AM
link   

[edit on 22-4-2008 by Essan]

yeah,that's just what "they" want you to think

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Correct me if I am wrong, I never mentioned the word "terrorism".

As I said;

I doubt it is terrorist,
80% sure it was a gas explosion.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join