It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranian tortured to death by US forces

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Iranian tortured to death by US forces

www.presstv.ir

An Iranian national in the custody of Iraqi forces in the city of Basra has been killed amid reports that he was tortured by US troops.

Mohammad-Reza Malek-Pour, a 25-year-old resident of the southern Iranian city of Khorramshahr, was arrested in the Iraqi city of Karbala after illegally entering the country in 2006 to visit holy Shia sites.

His brother Mahmoud Malek-Pour says while the body was being washed in the morgue, signs of torture were seen on Mohammad-Reza's head.

Some Iraqi officials have conceded that Mohammad-Reza's death coincided with the recent unrest in Basra and that he was killed because of being tortured by US troops.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 08:01 AM
link   
The US army is a repugnant bunch of criminals.

www.presstv.ir
(visit the link for the full news article)

CX

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by ergoli

The US army is a repugnant bunch of criminals.

I'd ammend that statement or apologise to the thousands of troops that are not. There are serving US troops on ATS who appear to be pretty good guys, not the repugnant bunch of criminals you indicate.

There are bad eggs in every organisation worldwide, civillian or military. That does'nt mean everyone in that organisation is bad, does it?

If this is true, and bearing in mind that you have posted one news source that just happens to be Iranian, then yes blame the soldiers responsible, but save some of that blame for the ones in the Whitehouse that have said it's ok to torture.

I'm not syaing that an Iranian news source will automatically be incorrect, but i think in this case it may help to hear it from other impartial networks too.

CX.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 08:18 AM
link   
I respect the points you make about the majority of US troops being ok. However, as long as no decisive action is taken to punish the war criminals among them or in the higher hierarchy according to the provisions of international law and the laws of war, the blame rests on the shoulders of the US military as a whole.

CX

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by ergoli
However, as long as no decisive action is taken to punish the war criminals among them or in the higher hierarchy according to the provisions of international law and the laws of war, the blame rests on the shoulders of the US military as a whole.

I respect your opinion, but i guess we'll have to agree to disagree on that one.

Even if nothing is done to stop torture, it does'nt mean every member of the forces does it or supports it's use. Whether you agree with the war or not, or whether the soldiers agree with what they have to do, the majority are doing it in the most profesional way they can.

You can't tar everyone with the same brush.

There are some idiots on ATS at times, does'nt mean everyone is.

CX.

[edit on 22/4/08 by CX]

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by ergoli

You take an article from the "terrorist times" and think it is gods words?

Think just a second about the source and what it has to gain from not telling the truth.

new topics

top topics

join