It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are You Stockpiling Now? If so, what?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Teki187

Listen this is a well thought out thread with great pearls of wisdom. The people that have given us this information deserve your respect not your sarcasm. Got a problem? Go visit Rant...

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Out of curiosity i lookws into purchasing large bags or sacks of rice in the UK and this seems impossible???

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
reply to post by Teki187

Listen this is a well thought out thread with great pearls of wisdom. The people that have given us this information deserve your respect not your sarcasm. Got a problem? Go visit Rant...

They dont deserve anything. All i see day in and day out on this forum is hysteria, bucket loads of it. The world is ending this way, that way, the other way. No proof, no evidence, just there crackpots and there insane claims.

The problem is, these posts influence the easily suggestible people in this world and all they do is make them more and more paranoid, segregating them from society because there so worried about the end of the world.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Something everyone should think about is a savings of some kind.

I don't mean money savings most people do not earn enough to have a money savings plan.

What I mean is you need to identify some commodity or reassures that you can acquire and stockpile as a savings in place of trying to just save money alone.

For instance I am stockpiling plastic buckets as a sort of moneyless savings that I can use to barter with if need be.

Make yourself some booze or wine, that is a great way to have a real savings.

This is real wealth the acquisition of materials or labor.

If you don't know how to make something you will find that if you pick stuff up from places that are throwing it out then in a few months time you will have a fair amount of something real and something is better than nothing.

If money takes a turn for the worst then any commodity you have stockpiled will dramatically increase in real value over money.

It is a simple thing and it can make a big difference in a bad economic situation.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
i went over about 5 pages of some precise formulas for water purification and such...

i still haven't seen anyone include the universal drug 'Asprin'
or for those who cannot tolerate that wonder drug...bottles of 'Tylenol'

probably 3 X hundred count bottles of each are easily cached in one's
list of necessities and will be valuable in trade/barter situations.

also cigarettes &/or tobacco tins
not only water but booze, wine, cases of beer, just put em in the spring-house to cool em for a pleasant refresher of the old days.

too many things to mentionfor some sembelance of progressive living and eeking out some level of pleasantry in a post-apocalyptic world

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 01:46 AM
link   
i've only seen a few ppl mention probably THE most important thing that u may want to start stockpiling. SALT, as previously stated a couple of pages back, will be worth more than gold.
salt comes in handy for much more than just flavoring your food. i wont go into the uses of it but if u do a little research u will see how important salt could be.
if u have access...antibiotics would be be something u may want to think about acquiring also.
canned goods, water, and dry good such as rice and beans are all great to have but if anything happens that lasts longer than a few months, then u need to know how to be self sufficient and survive on what mother earth has to offer.
so do a google search and find some books on edible and medicinal plants for the area in which u live. a decent 1st aid book. and maybe a couple of decent survival books that explain how to create shelter, how to build snare traps, how to start a fire, how to cure hides, how to preserve meat, alternative ways to stay hydrated with no readily available water resources ect ect. another great place to find books like this is your local estate sales..used book stores...antique stores..garage sales ect. i have found some very helpful books on these subjects at such places, most of which were printed in the earlier half of the 20th century.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 03:08 AM
link   
I have not read what others have written just yet, but I started about a month ago on a slow build up. I first bought a vacuum sealer, a slicer, and a dehydrator. I am making beef jerky, fruit chips, drying veggies, and one thing that is still pretty cheap in the stores are those Top Roman noodles. I have been buying those and taking them out of their packets and vacuum sealing them. They are light. On my website I have re-posted in pdf format several drying guides. So far, I have enough food to last me a while, "JUST IN CASE" If in the event that you have to pack up and leave, having a lot of canned goods can be a burden. The lighter the better. Don't forget to buy your seeds.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 03:54 AM
link   
I have to admit, I'm not entirely concerned about this, a lot of people eat too much to begin with don't they? Water is currently free to drink, I can't imagine it being outlawed very easily. There are currently hydro bills I guess?

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by tyciol
I have to admit, I'm not entirely concerned about this, a lot of people eat too much to begin with don't they? Water is currently free to drink, I can't imagine it being outlawed very easily. There are currently hydro bills I guess?

Water may be currently free to drink for yourself but over here in the UK it is not. Hell i just had my quarterly water bill through at £380 but i must say you get a lot of water for your money. Its not the price of oil YET

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Teki187

Have you even Looked at Ready.gov?

Its the 'Bosses' tellin' us to stock up. ( Why would they do that? )

They know they cannot handle a mass 'incident x' on a National Scale.

Heck, look at Katrina. ( Both New Orleans AND Mississippi )

That was LOCALIZED.

The rest of the USA was UNTOUCHED.

People were killing for water, after they looted TV's and Tennis Shoes
( Including the Police BTW ) Holding up "refugees" or I like to call them "Failure to evacuatees", for whatever they had. Raping and killing in a public "shelter".

The National Guard was HIDING in the back rooms of the Dome, before 'reinforce-relocate-ments' finally arrived.

Your on your own, and you reap what you sow.

There are 90% more of you than there are of us as well, when you look at the everyday general population. ( Maybe thats where we Screwed up )

Most dont read ATS, ( or anything else) or even have a 'clue'. Its all taken for Granted, and Entitlement is running rampant.

zzzzzzzzz.....zzzzzzzzzzzz.........

ooops, sorry, fell asleep..... ( Narcolepsy and Ostrich Syndrom )

See you at the convention center..... Bringing the Wife and Kids too I see. ( dont forget the Dog )

Ohh wait... I wont be there....I already saw that Movie. Want me to tell ya how it ends?

Ohh Yeah...It Hasnt Yet...

hummmm.....

Blitzkreigen

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Ihavenoidea, a friend of mine years ago, was inmarines, and a gun finatic. He told us about the NWO, and what he saw in training, in texas. SO, helectured us at the time, about survinving, where to go IF it happens, ect.. and IF you have a gun, be careful, be others are going to want what you have, even kill you to possess it. He suggested, cutting a FINE square hole in your wall, and hide the gun in thier, but, here's the trick....when putting the square piece back into wall, its gotta look natural,as if it was never removed. VERY tricly to do, takes top skill level to do.
Another way, is a hole in the floor, under carpet? Inside bed matress...mabe inside a book shelf. Be creative. The idea, is to be less conspicutive, sometimes hiding things where people wouldnt look, is right in front of their eyes
as people tend to look in obvious places, and not the not so obvious places... If someone broke in, andlooked for yuor gun, youde prob have a better chance when you think about it, hiding it in the frezer, than under yuor bed...think about it
Thats just an idea though.
hmm, under washermachine, or ontop a flourescent light fixture perhaps?
I myself, have a .308 rifle, some 1950's designm i bought 12 years ago. Those who do have rifles,also get new tubes...as they tend to bend and warp after x amount of bullets fired.
Hope it helps!!

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 06:19 AM
link   
On another note, i agree, toan extent, salt is prescious... a it ca be used very well, to preserve fresh meat for months. The downside is, toomuch of it is no good for ya.
Our local water supplier, Aquarion water, has officialy gone into the market, meaning, they have increased our water rates, for competition, in return, to make a profit: ( That only means now, they can increase someting thats our lifeline, to like, the price of oil, and one day, your gunna have to be rich, just to afford water: (I can actually see this happening.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 06:46 AM
link   
i got a load of 12v rechargeable battery's from the local recylers for 10 p a battery..i bought 20 of them and have them all charged..i also bought a small wind turbine from b&q for £70 so i will be able to recharge them and run 12v camping electric items like fridges -kettles-tv etc....i should have said the batterys where from invalid wheelchairs \ electric scooters

[edit on 27-4-2008 by fatdad]

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Infadel
the simple fact of the matter, the states cant support its self, they need canada for fresh water/wood. without the water, they wouldn't get the oil, and without the tree's there wouldn't be any houses so.........yes, yes i do think the U.S will run out of water.

Well, I live next to Lake Erie, so I'm sure fresh, clean water won't be a prob....

Hmmm.....

Never mind.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by ziggy1706
Ihavenoidea, a friend of mine years ago, was in marines, and a gun finatic. He told us about the NWO, and what he saw in training, in texas.

Would you care to specify what he saw in training in Texas?

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Stockpile the dry goods like rice, flour, cornmeal and such. Rain barrels are good, too, so get one or two or three. Water filters by the dozens are a great idea, too.

Buy good quality hand tools and learn how to use them for wiring, plumbing, and other around the house needs. Plumbers and electricians and the like will become scarce and charge huge fees, should you find one. Learning how to survive off the land is better.

Learn how to hide things. Thefts and robberies will increase exponentially. Pits, hidden in walls, hidden in hollow trees are good places to start. It is common practice for outlaws to strip their victims naked into order to find valuables. A murdered co-worker of mine was stripped naked by a group of three teenagers after they fatally shot him. One of the murderers was fourteen years old.

Apartment dwellers and the poor should learn plant identification to know what to eat and how to mill acorns and such into flour for bread and violets and daylilies for salads and greens. Palladin Press has many good books on survival off the land and survival tactics if you are attacked or see one coming after the food runs out. YouTube has really good videos on metal forging and knife making. You'll need weapons as well as gardening implements.

Home security items (easy to install cameras and motion detectors) are a must if you have daughters or a pretty wife or sister or mom. The "good" neighbor down the road who promised to look after your family might be a wolf in sheep's clothing after you've been killed or incarcerated by the government. Give your family an edge with early warning devices should something happen to you. Most people think that the White Slavery business is just a myth. It's not. The sex slave business thrives in the US and around the world. "The Revenge of One Eye" or "Thriller" (1974) is a good "R" rated movie to watch if you want an understanding of the sex slave trade and it's horrors.

Remember New Orleans after Katrina struck? Some of those people became the classic "the government should think for me" trained beasts instead of human beings helping themselves and others honorably during a disaster. A few of the predatory type helped themselves by robbing and raping the victims of the storms and pretty much kept the majority of the people in a state of panic. What did the panic do? Forgot to look to God and themselves and begged for handouts. Don't let yourself get in that situation. Remember Katrina and do everything to not let yourselves wound up like them in the Super Dome.

With rising grain and feed prices, it might not be feasible to raise livestock unless you can grow grain. Amish folk life style might be a good idea to copy in living the back to the farm lifestyle.

Buy a frigging gun and learn how to use it. A shotgun is better than a handgun if you have no previous skills in weaponry. Most women and kids over twelve can handle a 16 gauge shotgun. The bedridden can handle a .410 shotgun very easily if they can sit up long enough.

What kind of beasts can people become? Look at the depravity of third world nations and get a good idea of where some of the areas of the USA are headed. You might consider moving so your children won't have to tolerate abuse and neglect, starvation and tyranny by local gang lords.

[edit on 27-4-2008 by Bowcatz001]

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by thelibra

I cannot understand why people are so caught up in foolishness and stupidity these days! STOCKPILING FOOD? WE HAVE SUNLIGHT. WE HAVE WATER. WE HAVE FARMS. WE HAVE INTERNATIONAL AND NATIONAL TRADE AND STOCK. Am I the only rational, sane person alive on this forum or something? Life is no different today than it was ten years ago for me. WAR will always be on the horizon and govenment will always have obvious and proven corruption, and people will always be just as idiotic to think that this is the 1920's or that the Nazis are coming back to invade the world!! LOL ..LUDICROUS! Look what people did in 2000 and I knew that was bogus! I bought groceries as I do every other week just fine. Nothing changed for me. I had an early day off work, but other than that, there is nothing to even worry about at all. It won't change your life or make it any better to worry either. I don't waste my time on newspapers and "world" television news that does not tell the whole story and is controlled by the powers to be. So I can't just walk into FOX News and tell them to talk about conspiracy or the REAL truth, because it just won't happen. GET REAL AND JUST START LIVING PEOPLE. Have a nice day and PEACE.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I totally agree with erniemink1 on this one.

But.....in the hypothetical event that there is indeed a world food shortage, my best bet is to buy canned food (last hella' long. The problem is finding the ones with the best nutritional value), or, if you have a big backyard, start up a garden.

[in fact, you don't even need to be paranoid to be willing to put up fruit trees in your backyard. They're awesome!!!!! at least before those damn moles stole all of our oranges!!!!!]

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Kidney beans canned
canned brown beans in tomato sauce for variance
fresh peas in can
dried peas in can (they are cheaper, but 50/50 amount because I don't know if the fresh peas have retained any vitamins that these have not. Plus dried canned peas are good for pea soup, and fresh ones are not)
bacalao in cans
fish balls in cans (a dollar a can!)
regulare rice
jasmine rice
"porridge"-rice
dried full milk (Sort of ironic... Thank you for selling it to me, F\A/O who is driving the world into this food crisis...)
flour
cooking oil (nut oil)
salt
sugar
macrel in tomato sauce (nice and salty)
a little canned maize
canned "pizza filling" (cooked heart meat + vegetables + fat, good for eating "raw")
a little canned pineapple
canned Fanta and Sprite (short term storage)
canned fruits like pears and peaches, cherrys etc.
canned jams (short term storage)
canned whole milk with 50% of the water drawn out of it, cream-substitute.

One thing you do NOT want to eat, is canned, un-cooked (or cooked) carrots. Any product that has canned carrots in it, is soooo disgusting when you eat it cold, and I don't want to eat it even heated, because all the vitamins are gone anyway, the canned carrots are cooked into a semi-mush and that kills all useful vitamins. Don't know why, but it's only the carrots that get this lousy treatment.

and I also have a lot of other products in cans. Too numerous to mention right now, gotta go look to know. Things like canned meat and such. But NO TUNA, because of the mercury levels.

Anyone who wants to go out on a limb and eat non-kosher will have a GREAT time finding lots of good can food, but I can not. (pun)

You also do not want to eat freeze dried food in any serious amount, because you get the stomache runs after a week or less of only freeze drieds. I have almost none, just for military operations.

I also have some food colorizers and aromas
tiny amount, don't need much. Just for making hard candy whenever I feel like it.

Oh, I forgot, chocolate, "camolate", the extra fatty and long storage military chocolate.

But you would be amazed at the kind of food I can make with these things and only water.

Even Ice cream is not beyond my abilities with this approach.

Store all flour and similare products in food barrels, small and large, and expell the oxygen from them with dry-ice before sealing up and hiding.
Hide everything. The U.N. goons will be running around searching your house with metal detectors, so hide everything everywhere.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Hi guys
Yes we are stocking up on corn, tin tomatoes and tinned beans.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join