It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USA:The most corrupt nation ever?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Just doing some light reading and came across this site....www.transparency.org...

It is an organisation that has rated 180 countries on there level of percieved corruption within the country and its public officials and politicians. I was staggered to see the USA ranked with the 20th best score (as coutries are ranked from the best scoring of percieved as being low levels of corruption 10 to corrupt 0. I was staggered by this as the site defines corruption as:

www.transparency.org...
For the purpose of the CPI, how is corruption defined?
The TI CPI focuses on corruption in the public sector and defines corruption as the
abuse of public office for private gain. The surveys used in compiling the CPI ask
questions that relate to the misuse of public power for private benefit, for example
bribery of public officials, kickbacks in public procurement, embezzlement of public
funds or questions that probe the strength of anti-corruption policies, thereby
encompassing both administrative and political corruption.

How about your current administrations war in Iraq and Afghanastan (these countries rank 178th and 172nd) and contain governments installed by the USA. I would say this unpopular and costly war( and the lies used to start them) alone puts them up there as the Most Corrupt ever. What is going on over there, your country is in the grips of a recession, stuck in two wars based on lies that have bleed both your armed forces and bank balance dry all under the watch of this Govt. And the perception within the USA ranks them along side:

rank Country Score No. Surveys

17 Japan 7.5 7.1 - 8.0 8
Ireland 7.5 7.3 - 7.7 6
19 France 7.3 6.9 - 7.8 6
20 USA 7.2 6.5 - 7.6 8
21 Belgium 7.1 7.1 - 7.1 6
22 Chile 7.0 6.5 - 7.4 7

All the top ranking countries are almost all wealthy Western nations, this is the reason given for why they rank so highly.

The top scores of wealthy countries and territories, largely in Europe, East Asia and North
America, reflect their relatively clean public sectors, enabled by political stability, well-
established conflict of interest and freedom of information regulations and a civil society free
to exercise oversight.
Like the USA fits in there. Let the patriotism commense, has the fog of war clouded the American Perception beyond repair.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 07:31 AM
link   
I agree with you, but what about our governement? Australia isn't exactly a "goody two shoe's" country. But yea, America tops at No:1 and will remain there.

[edit on 24/12/2007 by JDN24]

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by JDN24

I agree with you whole heartedly JDN24. We just had our international territory expanded By the UN. And guess what comes with this gift, you got it, rights to any resources found. You can just hear the powers that be, Good Boy Australia, here ya go, here is a little treat for you, Good Boy, now stay, stay, stay in Iraq, stay in Afghanastan......that a boy, good little Australia.

The development was also welcomed, not surprisingly, by the energy industry. Richard Ellis, director of the Australian Petroleum Production and Exploration Association, hailed it as exciting news for the oil and gas industry. "A larger continental shelf means a larger canvas upon which we can paint our resource and energy future,"
www.independent.co.uk...

Thats right lets make sure we can tie up all the potential before any of these guys get any funny ideas.

Mr Ferguson said resource-hungry nations want security over supply by Australia.

"As you can appreciate, when you sit down and talk to countries such as Japan, Korea, India and China, the big issue they want from us is security of supply and that goes to the energy security debate," he said.
www.news.com.au...

Yep, we are no better that the hand that feeds us.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 07:56 AM
link   
I would say rome is more corrupt and if you trace back the groups corrupting america you will see that many of them have origins tracing back to rome

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by HuntaXX
I would say rome is more corrupt and if you trace back the groups corrupting america you will see that many of them have origins tracing back to rome

All corrupt roads lead to Rome so to speak. While i agree with you in part i don't think the Romans really needed to go to the lengths of deception and corruption the current US admin has. Rome just invaded, it did'nt need to B.S its population or the rest of the Planet into invading, and it was clear during Roman times that Successful campaigns brought great personal and political wealth and this was never denied amongst Romes ruling elite. We don't see this today. Most of what we are told as being in our( or "for Rome, for the Ceasar" so to speak) best interest is more often or not in the best interest of Big Buisness etc.etc.etc.

top topics

join