It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A new member from the UK

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Good day, I am from England, I have been lurking here for some time and only recently decided to join and start posting once in a while.

I completely agree with the whole "deny ignorance" idea behind the site, I have always enjoyed reading philosophy and through this I learnt to use doubt as a tool to separate what we know from what we don't, and in this way search for truth. I figure "deny ignorance" and the search for truth have similar aims.

One of the reasons I have decided to post is that I am becoming worried, mostly about the looming food crisis that really might be coming, the price of food has jumped in the UK, or at least it has in my experience and this is the main source of my worry currently.

I hope to have some interesting discussions here.

Oh and I almost forgot to mention, please excuse me playing the devils advocate at times, its my study of philosophy coming through again.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 03:15 AM
link   
welcome aboard

I agree with you about food costs, the prices have gone through the roof, petrol has shot up as well and yet my wage doesnt seem to be going anywhere, if i do get a rise its only 3%

Worrying times indeed

On the plus side, you will soon learn on here that its probably all part of a reptillian shapeshifting NWO conspiracy for the PTB to consolidate their power base before Niburu/planet X comes and drags us into the draconian war thats raging in the universe. Thankfully we have some allies out there who are protecting us from their hidden martian bases and atlantis. If only we really had landed on the moon all this could have been avoided

Welcome again

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Welcome,

As a fellow Englander (tips bowler hat and waggles umbrella), I cant say I have noticed a hike in food prices, I do however notice the petrol prices going through the roof. Funny how the UK stood up in protest when petrol hit 75p several years ago but we are taking it in the petrol hole as it eeks past £1.10

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Welcome
Good to see another UK member with us,

Ohh and yes all this food talk here seems to be causing a stir, Myself im really starting to look at growing my own veg ect and trying to get used eating more of that with a little meat,

-----------

If you feel you have any questions visit my thread
Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Below is A hand book of links that may help you answer some questions you have, ie, what are points ect....this is Zedds great link book for ATS use
handbook.abovetopsecret.com...

If you have any questions feel free to u2u me
You will find your u2u's in the member center

also need help getting your avatar up (or pic in your profile) check out this link

OR

Want to post a pic in your thread.
how to post a pic on a thread

want to change your password to something you remember? lookin the member center, there you can edit your profile and password

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Hi there!! just wanted to say hello, i'm from England also and it's good to know there are more of us joining ats! i hope you find answers here and enjoy your search!

much love

Real x

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Welcome

Welcome

We love the UK here

Hope you love this place as much as we do...

Semper

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Welcome aboard CuriosityStrikes,

(or CS as you may become to be known in reply to points raised, textspeak is frowned upon - rightly so - but heck, people are usually in a hurry to reply to points raised and abrieviate the bejeezus out of your name - so stand by and look out for that one!
)

Nice welcome from Asala with some great stuff!

Just to let you know that here in NZ the price of food and petrol has also outgrown the average increase in wages. (and since the UK joined the EEC way back, all our dairy and lamb exports to the 'homeland' dropped off and consequently went through the roof as exports dropped off. (No subsidies here! )

The good ol' USA have a *political* problem with us (because although we discovered nuclear power) we do not endorse it and let nuclear powered vessels or vessels/aircraft that might be carrying N.weapons into our ports!

However, on the 'bright side' we have just signed a 'free trade agreement' with China!!!

So (as M.Python said, "always look on the bright side of life, de dum, de dum,)

enjoy and contribute

H

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS.

There must be more english people here than I realized... cool

Have fun posting on the boards, also dont forget BTS its a good place to chill / have fun and get to know other ATS members.

See ya around,

JQ.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Welcome to our little hub of insanity.

It gets heated sometimes, but everyone will eventually calm down so just go with the flow and enjoy your time here.

Anything I can do to help you out here, just give me a shout.

Hope to catch you round and please ignore me if at any point in our encounters I stop making sense.

It happens from time to time, which is why I've decided to create my own 'ATS Whiskey Master' status...

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by CuriosityStrikes

Hey there CS (you were warned it might get shortened and I didn't want you to feel let down)

Welcome to ATS (from another Englander), have fun on the boards i'm sure we'll bump into each other occasionally ... it's a great place to be !

Woody

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Hey CS, welcome to ATS!! I'm not from England, but from the little bit stuck on the side of GB, known more fondly as Wales!!

Have fun, and take it easy!!

Cheers!!

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by freakyclown

Hi there from yet another brit.
Totally agree about fuel prices I passed a service station yesterday where diesel was £1.18 per litre. been thinking about bio fuel for a while looks like it might be the only way to keep my van on the road is to fill it with chip fat.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Ah glad to know I'm not the only brit here, cheers to all of you for a fantastic welcome from you all! No problem shortening my name

I hope this does not fall into the excessive quoting trap.

Originally posted by freakyclown
I cant say I have noticed a hike in food prices, I do however notice the petrol prices going through the roof.

Its funny really as I'm the exact opposite, I have only noticed the rise in Food as I don't buy petrol, public transport, walking and bicycle for me.

Originally posted by asala
Myself im really starting to look at growing my own veg ect

I have been looking into this for some time, I have been growing bean sprouts indoors for a long time but not enough to feed me really.

Originally posted by Havalon
as M.Python said, "always look on the bright side of life, de dum, de dum

Monty Python, many words of wisdom, or at least hilarity at any rate.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Hiyah Curiosity

Welcome to ATS! I love my limey brothers and sisters over the big pond

Glad you decided to join and I look forward to your posts

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by CuriosityStrikes

Well! G-day then! Let's put a shrimp on the barbie! I love Austrailand, or whatever it is called!

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Succienct. That is me. My last post was succienct. You can dock me points! But you will never crush my spirit!

(Just giving the UK-addition a peeps into the peeps. Know what I mean? Don't hate. That ain't cool.)

Edit for the parenthetical.

[edit on 23-4-2008 by pluckynoonez]

new topics

top topics

join