It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lights in Phoenix again!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mark Roazhar

Originally posted by alanbmac
reply to post by OEAOHOO

How would sky lanterns change from a square shape to a triangle and maintain that shape? I'm not saying it couldn't be hoaxed, i am just saying its something more complex than that.

They form patterns because theres 4 of them. Your brain creates the patterns that are in fact random

Watch the clip and then tell me they are not the same

Yep, agreed- the same effect with the OP videos can be easily achieved with Lanterns and some wire.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 04:22 AM
link   
windspeed and direction of filming would certainly prove lanterns, theres not much to support intelligent movement.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Them balloons must be quite the fire hazard. Any reports ever linking strange lights and forest fires? That can't be legal.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Hmm... I would say they look VERY much like those lanterns

Look at the colour of the "dots" - very reddish/yellow and very faint.

you can even see the light flickering like a torch.

[edit on 22-4-2008 by DwaynetheSpecious]

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by JOINTHERESISTANCE

There coming!

The next few coming years is going to change the course of humanity, forever.

Pretty heavy statements you making there. Pure speculation and jumping in to conclusions. Oh man do you feel silly if "they" are laterns..

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 05:06 AM
link   
There was an airplane in one of the clips to the left of the formation, i wonder if the pilot reported them also? im not falling for the lantern response, funny how that explanation came all in a row, seems to be the norm recently when people get excited and want an investigation, bang bang bang its lanterns, nope lanterns only move with the wind not back and fourth.

Didn't the Air force deny any aircraft in the original phoenix lights then change their minds? they also did the same in Texas, do you think they will change their minds this time as well? maybe it was a practice for tonight gonna keep an eye out just in case, i hope something big happens real soon to put a stop to all the crap going on, on this planet of ours, something has to give.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Facinating news!

I hope more sightings will be seen between today and tomorrow.

Could it be those Mexican balloons they light up for birthdays/parties and stuff?

Interesting stuff..

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by raptor108
5 MIN VIDEO

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 22-4-2008 by raptor108]

This video and the comments on it pretty much say to me that these were just lanterns. Three of the lights go out within a minute of each other and the last one left then starts to drop as the extinguished lanterns drag it down.

If the guys watching this with their own eyes reach this decision (though they were leaning towards flares) How can we honestly sit and watch youtube videos and say we know better.

Now if they had just stuck to the usual 30 second video complete with gasps, oh gollies and exclaimations of " look it's starting to move" ( while camera jerks wildly). We really could have gone to town on it.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by azzllin
..nope lanterns only move with the wind not back and fourth.

They do if they're tied together ..the tension of the rope pulls on them with respect to one other ..relative movement within bounds

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by justyc
the cross shape picture looks like the star formation 'the southern cross' (where the right hand star is slightly higher than the left). it can only be seen in the southern hemisphere.

southern cross

anyone know of a 'u' shaped star formation then?

And guess what? In the southern hemisphere eg. Australia, like where i am now, it is the 22nd... exactly as the aforementioned poster predicted.

I think this is quite amazing so far and am looking forward to further updates.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Its amazing the faith people have in aliens.

If this was belief in God, then we'd be up for another crusade sometime soon
(excluding Warchief Bush's actions)

Look, they're bloody sky lanterns!
I've posted clips which match perfectly what was seen, and still you would rather believe that aliens travelled billions of miles just to wander aimlessly over Phoenix for a bit then bugger off!

Have a look at the clip I posted again:

• Do the lanterns change formation? Yes
  • Are they the same colour? Yes
  • Do they hang around for a few minutes before burning out? Yes

What the hell, Maybe some aliens released the sky lanterns so they could take off again without being noticed? As plausible as the rest

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Interesting. It doesn't seem to me that they are faking the dialouge. I believe that they had nothing to do with the lights judging by the discussion. There reaction really seemed genuine when it "took off" as they claim. I buy the converation and sighting as genuine, I just can't confirm what is in the video.

2 pennies

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by kleverone
Interesting. It doesn't seem to me that they are faking the dialouge. I believe that they had nothing to do with the lights judging by the discussion. There reaction really seemed genuine when it "took off" as they claim. I buy the converation and sighting as genuine, I just can't confirm what is in the video.

2 pennies

I assume you are referring to the last video posted by Chiiru on page 1? and yes they do say something about it taking off but their is no image to go with it. So the question is which way did it take off? i.e under propulsion and straight up or kind of like an extinguished lantern and straight down?

Now this Video originally posted here by raptor108..

..Which runs for five minutes and shows the lights going out. They make comments such as "they are going out" , "seems to have a finite amount of burn" and I really liked " ..moves really fast. Oh it's dropping"

So it would seem they "took off" in a downward direction.

[edit on 22/4/08 by CthulhuRising]

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 07:27 AM
link   
WTF....Oh come on.... As much a believer as I am...People I think we "all" can agree that untill these EBE's land in the middle of the damn super bowl on nations broad cast we are never going to get the truth...I mean,.. I get the whole them looking at us as we would study a ant farm. But really....if we are looking for a race of beings to come an deliever us from a evil government then we all need to sit down and have a couple of shots of some Jack Daniels and rethink our life for a sec. Cause with the cost of fuel going through the roof we have some real issues that need a "true" belief from some folks! I don't think EBEs give a crap about our fuel cost and housing slump and economic crisis...Cause lets face it our troubles dont effect the way a alien race does its social business on a daily basis. I mean the last time I looked at my portfolio I didn't have any investments in "off-world" bonds and stocks. And my point here is lets gather our focused intrest and "thoughts" into figuring out a way to get away from the control of the people that have us under lock and key. Lets help ourselves before making a interstellar call for some help. Maybe they want us to act first and they will support ,anyone ever thought about that?And to fit this into this post...Those are lanterns...
Has anyone ever thought about pulling up with a high powered rifle and really checking out whats up there for crying out loud? Hey,...If it has to land in downtown Phoenix cause some redneck pulled up and hit a anti-flux capacitor with his 30/30 rifle then that would get some folks in D.C.'s full mental thought process...

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Well, what ever they were.... the former Governor of AZ has come out of the political closet and states he himself witnessed the "Phoenix lights" (the first mass sighting) and believed them to be "extra-terrestrial" in nature despite his "official" statements made to the public. Former GOV. spills the beanz....

Just another interesting piece to the puzzle.... hmmm lanterns..

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Phoenix Lights, April 21

An official from Luke Air Force Base stated that they do not have any aircraft in the sky tonight and that the lights are not part of any Air Force activities.

Total lie.

There were many jets flying last night. We live in the NW valley and hear the LAFB jets regularly both day and night. Last night my husband and I listened to them and talked about how the sound changes as they turn different directions. It was definitely within the 8pm hour. They flew over probably every twenty minutes, into the 11pm hour. Again, nothing out of the ordinary. They do night training all of the time, though not every night. My guess is these lights were part of their training exercises.

[edit on 4/22/08 by GirlNextDoor]

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 07:51 AM
link   
I'm observing it from a different prespective.

In the last several days there have been unusal earthquakes off Oregon and unusual quake in the mid-west.

Today is Earth Day and at one point it looked like a cross in red.

Red to me means danger, stop etc. I am hoping with this being Earth Day nothing such as a major earthquake and this being a warning.

Plant a tree, bush or plant today you may just need the oxygen one day.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 08:24 AM
link   
John McCain talking about UFOs: www.youtube.com...

Interesting formation in the I-Report on cnn.com. Lets see what comes of this. Nothing yet from the U.S. Military?

[edit on 22-4-2008 by ufo reality]

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Drudgereport has picked up the story and biglined it.

drudgereport.com...

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Here is another link to a video: Red Lights

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join