It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lights in Phoenix again!!

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Those are some darn smart chinese lanterns. First straight line (I) then triangle (chemical symbol for change) then U. I change you. Wish they could magically change all our petrol to hydrogen stations.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tinko1
reply to post by Sovereign797

I respect your right of opinion but I must disagree with you. The original event was a series of lights igniting mid-air from the center out and hovering for sometime.
Now from my experience, flares drift. Last nights was in fact, lanterns. Not everything that floats in the air is sporadic in it's movements. and you'd be amazed at what monofilliment can do. People are just matrixing four points into geometric shapes. Depending on how they were connected would determine the array of patterns created. I assure you that you could make some sort of geometric shape or pattern simply by puttting four dots on a piece of paper. It's elementary, dear Watson...

(PS: not to be a d1ck, but you guys spelled Occam's razor wrong.)
Just now on my am morning news here in Atlanta they interviewed a pilot who actually flew up to the the weather balloons with flares tied to them .He said 100% for sure they were flares and balloons as he got close he could see the smoke coming off them.Case closed
And thank you for the spellin lesson.
OH by the way MONOFILLIMENT is spelled Monofilament.

[edit on 23-4-2008 by FiFtEeN]

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 08:19 AM
link   
UPDATE: Valley man: I was behind mystery lights in sky

Some people have posted this on the previous pages, but they seems over looked. Bump for this Update!

The guy who hoaxed it is interveiwed as well as a neighbor that saw him hoaxing it.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 08:32 AM
link   
The really sad thing here is those that treat Ufology as a religion and make us all look like fools, will never accept the fact that his was not some alien conspiracy, no matter if the guy who did it stood up or not. That is what is wrong with Ufology, its treated like a religion by those without common sense, logic and reason on their side.

At this time, I would like to thank those that did not have their head in their ass from the beginning and called it as they saw it. Reading from the beginning of this thread now is good comedy, you can see those that don't know their butt from a hole in the ground...you know the same folks who make propelling this subject into the mainstream where the truth can't hide, well...impossible. I can site several posts here that back me up, where people said they saw it on the news only to have the newscaster make some offhand remark about the hilarity of the subject. If you don't know why they make jokes about it, then your part of the problem. Please, sit down and shut up or you will NEVER get the answers you want. It will take YEARS for those of us with common sense, reason and logic to wash the stigma of idiocy off...but your patience would result in this thing becoming something worth investigating for the mass media. And again, if you don't know why we need the mass media on our side, you a part of the problem and IGNORANT of reality.

The truth can hide forever from fools and ignorants, but the more sensible eyes that are on it the harder it is to hide (if there is anything to even hide) However, threads like this only serve to support the fact that this subject will remain in the "fools gold" section of the mainstream until such time that the community puts it's best foot forward, and not it loudest or most profitable foot either.

[edit on 23-4-2008 by IgnoreTheFacts]

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by mindping
UPDATE: Valley man: I was behind mystery lights in sky

Some people have posted this on the previous pages, but they seems over looked. Bump for this Update!

The guy who hoaxed it is interveiwed as well as a neighbor that saw him hoaxing it.

.....and cue the people who claim this man is lying/was told to admit it by the CIA or MIB/seeking publicity and the lights were aliens

[edit on 23-4-2008 by Mark Roazhar]

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Prove it!

My thoughts are if you admit to a hoax, prove it.

By doing so, you allow closure. If you can't prove it, you are a disinformation agent.

This is easy, do it again.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 09:42 AM
link   
1. For the pilot who claimed he flew up next to the "weather balloons with flares," did anyone get video of him doing so? There were a hell of a lot of cameras in use Monday night in the Phoenix area.

2. For the guy and his neighbor who claim he released the balloons (perpetrated the hoax), did anyone get video of said objects RISING UPWARD into the air? Certainly they wouldn't have just shot up there instantly and their ascension to "cruising altitude" would have been a slow-moving spectacular event itself...

I'm not CONVINCED the objects were of nonhuman origin (as any UFOs). There are plenty of crafty enough human tricksters... and far more than plenty official secrecy of the military etc. kind.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   
if the guy who said he did the hoax did it, then have him do it again while filming it to prove it. otherwise he is just an idiot. I can say i was in area 51 and saw aliens, but without proof it is useless in saying

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by XENONCOATED
Thing is WE DO..can you explain how a bunch of flares or lantirns hold formation at high altitude, or emit a glow far bigger than an airplane lights..I'd like to know!!
I suppose your gonna say all the people who see huge black flying silent triangles are on drugs! Those crazy policeman, governors, pilot people sheesh! LOL

Originally posted by Forell

Originally posted by XENONCOATED
lol its funny how debunkers just grab onto the current "in-theory" 10 years ago it woulda been exclusively weather balloons, now its chinese party lantirns..

LOL. its funny how the want-to-believers just grap onto the eternal "they are alien crafts" theory. and never even try to consider the more "earthly" explanation, not even for one second.

[edit on 22-4-2008 by XENONCOATED]

I rest my case. earthly explanations again. Sorry to burst your alien bubble. You can take off the tinfoilhat now and climb down from the roof. Ufology needs "healthy sceptism" and logical thinking, not blind belief.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by seawolf197
Prove it!

My thoughts are if you admit to a hoax, prove it.

By doing so, you allow closure. If you can't prove it, you are a disinformation agent.

This is easy, do it again.

Ummm, you might want to watch the imbedded video along with the written article as well.

[edit on 23-4-2008 by Lost_Mind]

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   
well i live just north of phoenix and saw nothing!!!!and i was looking
...if it would have been more than lanterns i would have saw them from a far distance..so i feel they were lanterns

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Concerning this idea that these could not have been lanterns or flares because of the unique geometries, one needs to realize that the brain is fond of seeing patterns in things. In fact, none of the pictures that supposedly had perfectly symmetrical geometry, appeared as such to me. Also, most of the time, the light patterns were clearly asymmetrical, and if you allow enough time for relative movement, you are sure to occasionally see the semblance of symmetry (diamonds, crosses, lines, etc). Random patterns is "exactly" what I see when I watch these videos. Folks need to learn a lesson in Occam's Razor and quit trying to see "Jesus in the pie crust" (the church of UFOlogy). BTW, I do believe in "legitimate" UFOs, but this sort of rabid belief discredits the "whole lot."

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Tune into CNN Headline News. They're going to talk about who was responsible for the lights over Phoenix. I don't know when, so you might have to watch a bunch of BS to catch it. Sounds like someone hoaxed the whole thing...

But at least we'll know the truth. This doesn't take away from the other many unexplained sightings.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   
The whole first phoenix lights case had me intrigued and still to this day do i hunt for more footage and more eyewitness accounts.

for someone to try and hoax this sacred sighting spot ( if proven true ) saddens me a tad but will not stop me from looking upwards , onwards , and remain to scoure the web for new ufo evidence.

There is still a lot of unexplained events in phoenix.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by bugs_n_recovery

Just north of Phoenix??

Sedona is about an hour and a half north of Phoenix, and about 4,000 feet higher on the other side of several mountain ranges. You're lucky though, I love that place. We just went mountain biking there this weekend, around Bell Rock. Way nicer up there than down here.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   
can someone tell me what kind of helium balloons were used for the flares? were they anything special? or was it just plain helium balloons?

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by FiFtEeN
OH by the way MONOFILLIMENT is spelled Monofilament.

And to think I'm an English major. I guess we all need help sometimes ;P

Anyways I don't see how anyone can continue to argue that these things are in fact some sort of craft. There is too much against it than there is for it. face it people, you are in denial. Whatever it was, it was a hoax!

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solarskye
Just another video with no reference to anything and can you believe it! It's pitch black. just flares again.

I think I'll just stick with what I said on page 9. I knew a simple explanation would be provided later. I could of been wrong but commonsense told me not to jump on the alien van wagon.

[edit on 4/23/2008 by Solarskye]

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Here's a youtube video of the guy explaining what he did and why. He was just having fun with the kids, yeah right.

[edit on 4/23/2008 by Solarskye]

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sovereign797
Though the first Phoenix lights I thought were originally explained as flares, possibly from an A-10 (ours).

No, the string of lights that were filmed south of the valley were likely flares, but the huge craft that was seen by many across the state flying from Nevada to Tucson was NOT flares. I find it very strange that they were dropped at an altitude and distance that made them clearly visible from the valley that night, when they usually do not. I've seen them drpping flares over the Goldwater range on my way to San Diego late one night, and it was alot closer to Yuma. I suspect it was done intentionally to provide an explanation for the craft that was seen earlier in the evening. The military doesn't want to look like they don't have control of the skies, OR they wanted to cover up a secret test flight over a major population center.

As for everybody who is jumping on the flare bandwagon as absolute and ridiculed those who jump on the alien bandwagon, you're just as ignorant, IMO. They could have been lanterns, sure, but it seems pretty hypocritical to make an absolute decision based on somebody who says they saw their neighbor release flares tied to balloons, but has no proof other than what their word, but turn around and demand proof anytime somebody says they see something unexplainable. The government would want to cover up the existence of craft from other origins, because it makes them appear to be out of control, which they most likely are, and they know it might induce quite a panic response. I almost don't blame them, however, some of you guys make it WAY too easy for them. All they have to do is order one of their own to make a statement that they saw somebody tie flares to balloons and release them and that's it? Case closed? Again, it may have been flares, but I have yet to see solid proof that they were. Maybe an arrest for somebody who wrecklessly released flares in a VERY dry and wildfire prone part of the country, not to mention close to two airports?? I'm not jumping on any bandwagon, and I doubt proof of either will present itself, but it's far from a closed case IMO.

[edit on 23-4-2008 by 27jd]

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join