It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lights in Phoenix again!!

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by GUNSINWAR
HI everybody!
Have a look at this video i just found it is by Dr. Lynne Kitei, in this interview; examines the real scientific understanding of the Phoenix lights and says the government explanation simply falls apart. She concludes by saying this whatever the Phoenix lights are; they are intelligently controlled.There is some great footage aswell!

She is also the author of "the Phoenix lights"
Enjoy!

YEs, as I said, I've personally met and spoken with her, and seen her documentary as well. This is an ONGOING event here in Phoenix! These lights are not a hoax by any means, and they ARE DEFINITELY intelligently controlled (and not by some schmoe in his backyard either)!

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by gauncents

Originally posted by bigdaddy7ftr
reply to post by Swatman

someone show me a video with flying lanterns that have precision accuracy of how the formations are formed and how they always stay the same distance apart, and then ill believe that those werent UFO.s

BINGO!!!

Any takers? Didn't think so...It's completely ridiculous to entertain the idea to begin with. Why not focus our attention on why they are here? Instead of trying to debunk something that CANNOT be debunked?

[edit on 23-4-2008 by bigdaddy7ftr]

Here you go.

Sourcewww.ufocasebook.com...

In the middle, this article talks about how these lanterns are commonly tied together.

UFO Mystery Solved-Chinese Lanterns?

This is my favorite part.

"Common traits are flying in formation (due to the fact that they are more often than not tied together); that they are all apparently of a uniform colour and generally of equal brightness.

And, were they tied together and propelled to fly over the ENTIRE state of AZ 11years ago? With a wingspan of at least 1 mile wide? Because, I PERSONALLY witnessed that craft, and believe me, they weren't lanterns!!!

Wake up people! Seriously, this is ridiculous...

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Forell

I was thinking the same thing. We dont even know what the hell the Marfa Lights are and they are out all the time. Let science figure it out, or at least try. But if I lived in Phoenix I would MOVE..
Flagstaff has better weather and less people.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by bigdaddy7ftr

No, I believe the original Phoenix lights was a genuine extraterrestrial event!!

Period.

This one we are all talking about is banta fodder.

[edit on 23-4-2008 by gauncents]

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by TXMACHINEGUNDLR
reply to post by Forell

I was thinking the same thing. We dont even know what the hell the Marfa Lights are and they are out all the time. Let science figure it out, or at least try. But if I lived in Phoenix I would MOVE..
Flagstaff has better weather and less people.

Actually, when I've witnessed these sightings, I have NEVER felt afraid! There's no reason to leave Phoenix, I feel blessed to be able to witness these extrordinary events! Everyone who reported seeing the Phoenix Lights, said they felt a sense of awe, or wonder, but never fear. It's more than a coincidence!

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 12:26 AM
link   

reply to post by bigdaddy7ftr

No, I believe the original Phoenix lights was a genuine extraterrestrial event!!

Period.

This one we are all talking about is bantha fodder.

Fair enough, I thought you were lending credibility to the guy with ballons in his back yard. I'm not familiar with this bantha fodder event at all...

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 12:27 AM
link   

reply to post by Swatman

someone show me a video with flying lanterns that have precision accuracy of how the formations are formed and how they always stay the same distance apart, and then ill believe that those werent UFO.s

BINGO!!!

Any takers? Didn't think so...It's completely ridiculous to entertain the idea to begin with. Why not focus our attention on why they are here? Instead of trying to debunk something that CANNOT be debunked?

Here you go.

In the middle, this article talks about how these lanterns are commonly tied together.

"Common traits are flying in formation (due to the fact that they are more often than not tied together); that they are all apparently of a uniform colour and generally of equal brightness.

And, were they tied together and propelled to fly over the ENTIRE state of AZ 11years ago? With a wingspan of at least 1 mile wide? Because, I PERSONALLY witnessed that craft, and believe me, they weren't lanterns!!!

Don't get my wrong the lights from 11yrs ago were totally different then these last night .I for one definitely believe those were craft or craft.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 12:31 AM
link   
The original Pheonix lights were in a much, much tighter formation. Bigger, brighter and laster at least 10x's as long. Never moving up, or dropping altitude, that is what made THAT event special.

In my opinion these are obviously just 4 lanterns, tied together. If you watch the 5 minute video (yep thats about all they were there for), you can see they progressively get dimmer as they rise and dissapear(or extinguish)into the atmosphere.

I've seen much more convincing balloons and lanterns, these weren't even remarkable in ANY way except that they appeared in Pheonix, and someone just so happened to make a prediction for that night or the next, we still aren't even sure.

For all we know the guy who made the prediction lit 4 laterns tied together with fishing line, and poof, he/she has you all going crazy. Deny Ignorance anyone?

Now I'm no hard core skeptic,I am a believer, but I'm not going to even phathom the thought, let alone say THIS little event is the definitive proof we've been looking for.

It will take ALOT more than 4 dim lights that slowly go out in 5 minutes time that are kind of in a pattern for me to say now that is conclusive.

Again, very UN-remarkable footage.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Sorry if this has already been posted but I did run across this report saying that someone witnessed a neighbor sending off helium balloons with flares attached. Here's the story...

Link

Peace.

~Jammer

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by jammerman
Sorry if this has already been posted but I did run across this report saying that someone witnessed a neighbor sending off helium balloons with flares attached. Here's the story...

Link

Peace.

~Jammer

Yep look up at my post on page 15 with video.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by FiFtEeN

reply to post by Swatman

BINGO!!!

Here you go.

Don't get my wrong the lights from 11yrs ago were totally different then these last night .I for one definitely believe those were craft or craft.

Ok, then we agree on the first incedent,

I wish I saw these lights from last night personally. I have a VERY hard time believing these were balloons either! They don't behave in a "random" fashion that you would expect from a lifeless, hovering object.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 12:38 AM
link   
I predict many more of these same threads in the near future.

Great prediction

Multiple witnesses

Crappy video

Reasonable explanation

Picked up by news media and milked for ratings

thread dies.

But what else is new.

[edit on 23-4-2008 by gauncents]

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 01:19 AM
link   
OK...but...

If they were flares tied to balloons, why did the spokesperson at LAFB feel the need to lie about having jets in the area, which is a regular occurrence around here? That part I don't understand. Does anyone know if that is their standard answer in these situations?

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 01:45 AM
link   
In terms of being picked up by media, the local ABC affiliate here in NYC did a quick mention tonight during the 11pm telecast. It even showed a few seconds of bad video and mentioned that such lights have been sighted for approximately the last decade in Phoenix. Of course, the announcers couldn't resist asking what the blood alcohol content level of those who witnessed the lights were. The usual "let's mention it because everyone else is but don't forget the requisite jokes about such witnesses".

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Epic fail by the news channel for not checking with any other base but Luke. Yeah, Luke is in Phoenix, but they're not the only ones who fly there.

Not that WE were actually night flying on that night (we weren't), but they didn't even bother to check.

Though the first Phoenix lights I thought were originally explained as flares, possibly from an A-10 (ours).

And considering someone came forward claiming they were responsible for these lights, I can't see taking any of the Phoenix lights seriously at all now.

I've seen some good unexplainable video, but the phoenix lights isn't one of them.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Sovereign797

I respect your right of opinion but I must disagree with you. The original event was a series of lights igniting mid-air from the center out and hovering for sometime.
Now from my experience, flares drift. Last nights was in fact, lanterns. Not everything that floats in the air is sporadic in it's movements. and you'd be amazed at what monofilliment can do. People are just matrixing four points into geometric shapes. Depending on how they were connected would determine the array of patterns created. I assure you that you could make some sort of geometric shape or pattern simply by puttting four dots on a piece of paper. It's elementary, dear Watson...

(PS: not to be a d1ck, but you guys spelled Occam's razor wrong.)

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Look at all the costellations in the sky...those stars are not anywhere near each other, yet we can still see shapes and figures. I really think we can close this "case".

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 03:58 AM
link   
[edit on 23-4-2008 by R3VOLUT1ON4RY]

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 04:08 AM
link   
This is not exactly on-topic, but it does have to do with the original Phoenix Lights so I'll ask it. That event lasted a very long time (how long? Like 30 minutes? An hour?). And everybody talked about how big this thing was, flying over the heart of Phoenix.

Now, I don't think this thing was military, because the military wouldn't fly their craft over a major city. It makes no sense in any capacity. So if this were an unidentified huge craft that's basically just sitting there like a Zepplin... why didn't the U.S. military send jets out to shoot it down? Before or after it was over a major area (so as not to crash it into the city).

In all those videos of the lights, I never once see any jets flying around it. And that to me is strange. Unless of course, they knew it was nothing. That it wasn't worth sending any jets out after. That's the only logical explanation. Otherwise, if there is an unidentified craft sitting over a major city, the air force would do something about it. Period.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Can anyone find a video of confirmed lanterns this high in the sky? I mean, at such a high altitude as these sightings.... not just released into the sky, ones that have been up in the air. If we can compare it to 100% definite lanterns, then we can find out for sure that they're lanterns (unless they aren't, but unfortunately, it seems to be most likely that they are) All the videos of lanterns I've seen so far show them at a lower altitude than these sightings. It might prove "hoax" to people with doubt still in their minds (or surprise us all if they aren't lanterns, but I doubt it.)

[edit on 23-4-2008 by GrayFox]

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join