It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shame on you Stephen Hawking

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   
As far as I am concerned this man is no better then anyone else. Being intelligent doesnt mean squat when dealing with this.

I have been with different beings and I have been on different ships so this man or no other is going to tell me what I live and know isn't so.

On the whole the beings are mostly good and as with any beings there are bad ones just like right here on Earth. To be honest I am quite tired of the Grey's all being labeled as being bad when they are not all bad.

No wonder they don't want to be bothered with you and call the human race a stupid species.

When they say the human race is evolving to slowly all I can say is they got that right.

Dave Rabbit had his rant this is mine this week.

[edit on 22-4-2008 by observe50]

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Obviously, this is funny.
I don't want to sound mean or anything!
But the words he used to describe the UFO witnesses, resemble his appearance.

I don't think that hes that intelligent, he doesn't have an open mind.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by observe50

Either your a plank or you do stand up at weekends on the local comedy stage! Come on which is it! You know or have interacted with aliens prove it. Then I will believe.

Steven Hawkin is talking about people like you! I believe in ET life but your the sort that makes people laugh at us. Your making it a mockery! If you check the dictionary this means, ridicule, and the above!

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by notyavgkat
I don't see how this guy can just so bluntly say that there are no UFO's or Aliens visiting earth, with all of the sightings and so forth. Maybe he's on a payroll that we are no aware of.

Is it not infinitely more likely he was just expressing his real opinion? Seems so to me?

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Maybe he just wanted to take the lime light off of Robbie Wlliams because Hawkings frequents ats to!

I reckon he knew what he was saying.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Assuming he's addressing the most popular usage of the term "ET", Steven Hawkins is right.

There are no physical biological "aliens" (and this includes those super-duper incredible flying machines that such types claim they fly in) -- visiting our planet.

And as you can see, he's not really elaborating any further than that except to say that those who believe that physical/biological post-singularity "aliens" and their "spacecrafts" are visiting our planet -- are, as he implies, "crazy"-- well, I can't say that I totally agree with him but he's not too far off.

My view of such individuals, of which many are members here in this forum, is that they are not necessarily CRAZY, but they are most definitely Sci-fi fantasy prone - IMHO.

[edit on 22-4-2008 by Palasheea]

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Maybe he dont deliver pizza for a living! I thougt we wanted answers on this site not how to debase an intelligent person!

Does Mr Hawkin have mathematical proof would be a good question!

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by kleverone

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
reply to post by Alien Abduct

I wouldn't recommend flooding the professors email box. There could be some undesirable consequences, especially if ATS becomes involved because it was first suggested here.

I second...third...fourth...fith...and sixth that Idea. Please Do not flood his mailbox.

So your suggesting that everyone in this thread allow just one letter to be sent on behalf of all of us?

You are suggesting that we not inquire Mr. Hawking on our own?

Well, Try and stop us.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Palasheea

Palasheea I think your sound, would you like to elaborate your thoughts

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by pierreletrek

Palasheea I think your sound, would you like to elaborate your thoughts

Here's the paradigm I'm working from:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

In addition to the above information (see link) we can't rule out that there may very well be advanced biological ET civilizations who are able to transport themselves to other area's of the universe via "consciousness".

[edit on 22-4-2008 by Palasheea]

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Alien Abduct

Are you that narrow minded! Send loads of email, whats that gonna prove, Not much i think. Why dont you concentrate on finding data to prove him wrong! Prove abductions or alien sightings. MMMMMM I dont think you can, but pick on an old man with MNS, dead easy, whey hey the big man investigator! Get over it lads he said the wrong thing at the wrong time.

Next investigation!

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   

reply to post by Blaine91555

Maybe he dont deliver pizza for a living! I thougt we wanted answers on this site not how to debase an intelligent person!

Does Mr Hawkin have mathematical proof would be a good question!

If there were proof we would not be having this discussion I think. I'm a believer in UFOs but a skeptic of probably the same things he may have been referring too. I suppose the topic is what he said as defined by the OP.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   

can I send a U2U

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Your getting mad at the guy for having an opinion. You could listen to what he says but its just an opinion and why should you pay any attention to it

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   

I would be inclined to side with the Magonia concept if I understand it correctly except I think at times there is a physical but earthly craft involved. That I think accounts for the more credible sighting which are in fact nothing but secret aircraft or weaponry.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by stove167

Hello Stove

Dont know who your talking about as you need to reply to someone!

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   

can I send a U2U

sure!

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

I would be inclined to side with the Magonia concept if I understand it correctly except I think at times there is a physical but earthly craft involved. That I think accounts for the more credible sighting which are in fact nothing but secret aircraft or weaponry.

Right Blaine!
"We're on the same page".

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by solarstorm
What a load of crap.

"We don't appear to have been visited by aliens," Hawking said, adding that he discounts reports of UFOs. "Why would they only appear to cranks and weirdoes?"

news.yahoo.com...

[edit on 21-4-2008 by solarstorm]

I whole heartedly support his proposition.

I have never seen one decent image of a UFO. I mean in this day and age where almost every cell phone has a digital camera and most camera's have at least 6-8 MP it seems most of the footage is deliberately taken in poor light, with some old crappy camera at a terrible angle.

It stands to reason that these are merely the products of an overactive imagination. Also notice how these days the number of alien abduction accounts are declining. Back in the day a couple of farmers were probed anally evey few months . These days apparently that is not in vouge with the aliens.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   
What's offensive to me is not what Hawking said (all men can have their own, unique opinions) but rather how so many supposed ADULTS here at ATS are whining about his statements "violating" them and sh!t; it's as if some of you view the statements as some kind moral transgression. Jesus, grow up and get over it people.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join