It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shame on you Stephen Hawking

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by hdchop
Hmmm - So has Mr. Hawkins been hacked himself.. Did "THEY" get into his system and pre-program answers for him to seem to answer??
IS he really talking through the CPU or is he a front man for "THEM"

Man, that is QUITE a leap. Are you just expressing creativity, or do you actually believe that happened?

Do you really think Mr. Hawking was HACKED? As far as I know, and as far as can be concluded by current known technology, what you are proposing is preposterous and impossible.

If you start throwing around unknowns like "secret technology" then you'll only be diverging into a fantasy world of conjecture.

Hawking does not fall prey to this because he has brass.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by yeti101
GeeGee did you just compare the theory of evolution with the theory alien visitation? WOW just WOW

evolution has thousands of facts to support the theory. ufology has people telling stories. Can you see the diffirence?

Wow don't get me started. Evolution is a theory, not a fact(well actually both). I clearly stated that there is evidence to support the theory yet no PROOF. The Darwinian evolution of man is not provable. Science is based on observation. We did not observe man evolve from an amoeba.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I guess it just goes to show that you can be a brilliant astrophysicist and mathematician, but any intelligence beyond that is nil.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mark Roazhar
No it means that they've been identified or dismissed as hoaxes

Where is the evidence to support your claims? If you're going to say something like that, then support it.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by GeeGee

the fused chromosome number 2 is quite coincidental dont you think?

there are many thousands of facts in the theory of evolution. How many facts are there in the alien visitation theory?

[edit on 22-4-2008 by yeti101]

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by GeeGee

No it means that they've been identified or dismissed as hoaxes

Where is the evidence to support your claims? If you're going to say something like that, then support it.

There is a flaw in your reasoning. Hundreds of UFO sightings are reported every month, yet not even 1% of them get shown on television or reported on news stations. Does this mean they don't happen?

Do you have evidence to back up these sightings?
perhaps something the orgininal witnesses forgot to submit?

You want evidence of mis-identified or hoaxes though? Have a look through this very forum and you'll find them by the bucket load.
Is there anything on this forum which you can point to and say this is the piece we've been looking for?
This forum which is dedicated to trying to find the truth?
No, there isnt.

But is lack of evidence proof that evidence doesnt exist. No ofcourse not

Until the point where solid evidence does appear though, then we must accept the alternative, although we may believe what we wish

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by uv777bk
...Didn't Hawking also make some comment about how if aliens visited earth they would first talk to it's best scientists...? Now, why would they do that if there was clearly nothing to gain from such an interaction

If that were to happen, would the best scientists suddenly be labeled as cranks and weirdos by Mr. Hawking?

Millions of people have seen UFOs. Even if 99% of them are explainable, the 1% that isn't is worth study. It's unfortunate that someone so regarded in the scientific community would be so dismissive.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I am not going to turn this thread into a debate on evolution, you can believe whatever you want. If you want to discuss the issue at hand, I would be more than glad to.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Do you have evidence to back up these sightings?
perhaps something the orgininal witnesses forgot to submit?

You want evidence of mis-identified or hoaxes though? Have a look through this very forum and you'll find them by the bucket load.
Is there anything on this forum which you can point to and say this is the piece we've been looking for?
This forum which is dedicated to trying to find the truth?
No, there isnt.

But is lack of evidence proof that evidence doesnt exist. No ofcourse not

Until the point where solid evidence does appear though, then we must accept the alternative, although we may believe what we wish

Yes I do.

www.nuforc.org...

Current UFO sightings reports reported to NUFORC, the National UFO Reporting Center, a leading source of current UFO sightings reports. NUFORC receives approx. 200-300 UFO sighting reports on its website every month. This is the index page for their online database of reports. This page provides links to view the reports sorted in several formats: by event date, by state, by shape of ufo, and by date posted. These are actual raw ufo reports as submitted to NUFORC. Each report contains a brief description, as well as a link to a full written description of the sighting as reported by the witness.

This forum does not represent all of the cases ever reported. Mostly only video or photographed UFO cases are looked at here. I will not deny that a large percentage of UFO photographs and videos are hoaxed or misidentifications, but if you're going to say that UFO sightings that don't make it on television because they've been misidentified or hoaxed, then atleast give something to convince me.

I'm not gonna sit here and say there is very strong, irrefutable evidence to say that UFO's are piloted by aliens, but I'm simply saying there is trace evidence to support it. Some say these craft are actually government craft... this explanation makes no sense at all to me. If they've been hiding these type of vehicles since the 1940's, perhaps even earlier, then there is a much bigger reason why they have kept it secret this long. You simply do not go from propellers to anti-gravity that can make right angle turns at 2000+MPH in such a short time.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by yeti101
there are many thousands of facts in the theory of evolution. How many facts are there in the alien visitation theory?

Ok, I will agree with you and say that there are few facts. However, there really isn't overwhelming evidence to support that these are secret military craft or anything else either. So where does that leave us?

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Yes I do.

www.nuforc.org...

Current UFO sightings reports reported to NUFORC, the National UFO Reporting Center, a leading source of current UFO sightings reports. NUFORC receives approx. 200-300 UFO sighting reports on its website every month. This is the index page for their online database of reports. This page provides links to view the reports sorted in several formats: by event date, by state, by shape of ufo, and by date posted. These are actual raw ufo reports as submitted to NUFORC. Each report contains a brief description, as well as a link to a full written description of the sighting as reported by the witness.

This forum does not represent all of the cases ever reported. Mostly only video or photographed UFO cases are looked at here. I will not deny that a large percentage of UFO photographs and videos are hoaxed or misidentifications, but if you're going to say that UFO sightings that don't make it on television because they've been misidentified or hoaxed, then atleast give something to convince me.

I'm not gonna sit here and say there is very strong, irrefutable evidence to say that UFO's are piloted by aliens, but I'm simply saying there is trace evidence to support it. Some say these craft are actually government craft... this explanation makes no sense at all to me. If they've been hiding these type of vehicles since the 1940's, perhaps even earlier, then there is a much bigger reason why they have kept it secret this long. You simply do not go from propellers to anti-gravity that can make right angle turns at 2000+MPH in such a short time.

This forum doesnt represent all the cases, true, but they do seem to collect a lot of the cases. If you are aware of other cases which merit attention, then this is the correct forum to point people to them.
I cant convinve you about hoaxes or misidentified pictures, because you wont believe the evidence. You would rather believe that a craft travelled the entire universe just to stop in our atmosphere, long enough for a fuzzy shot to be taken, and then zzzip back out of our lives

link   

there really isn't overwhelming evidence to support that these are secret military craft or anything else either. So where does that leave us?

that a witness is unable to indentify soemthing they saw. The most likely explanation is something of terrestrial origin. Atmospheric phenomenon, aircraft,ballons,blimps,sky lanterns, birds other sightings may be stars or planets.

if i phone NUFORC & tell them a flying saucer story and they publish it. Does that make it true?

[edit on 22-4-2008 by yeti101]

link   
Hawking is just echoing the line of most skeptics.

The fact is, ufology has been proven beyond any reasonable doubt. You have both direct and circumstantial evidence.

Direct Evidence - eyewitness accounts from Presidents, police officers, high ranking government officials, pilots and more.

Circumstantial evidence - cave paintings, ancient manuscripts, paintings, pictures and video.

The fact is we have more evidence for ufology than we do for black holes or virtual particles. The latter is easier to believe because it doesn't affect ones pre-existing belief system.

The skeptic talks about a "natural explanation" but U.F.O.'s are a natural explanation. To the skeptic, a natural explanation is one that agrees with what they already believe it has nothing to do with seeking the truth. The beings would just be years ahead of us in evolution.

Hawking and others have already shown that these things exist. Just use common sense. According to many physicist, we live in a bubble universe that's connected to a multiverse structure. The structure has been around forever and it produces these local universes. It just stands to reason that evolution of intelligent life didn't start with us. 13.7 billion years is very young within the multiverse structutre.

It boild down to pre-existing belief many secularist think admitting to ufology will open the door to religion. Some in religious circles want to keep God a mystery in order to say you need me in order to get to God.

If you look at the gods through the eyes of ufology, it makes too much sense to be accepted by either side. Of course primitive man would think these beings are gods because of their advanced technology.

Hawking and others start with the priori that there has to be an explanation to these things that fits there space of perception. This is not free thinking.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 11:37 AM
link   
While I don't agree with his cynicism and mockery of the subject, he is right in the first part of the statement. We have no been visited, as far as we know. We are alone.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Actually we are the aliens.
The others have been here far longer then we have.

In my opinion Hawking has been far over played anyway.
Brilliant but our best.....nope.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by NGC2736

You are absolutly correct, Just because one is an expert in a particular field of endevor does NOT make one an expert in all fields.

This is like actors that wade into the political arena, or any other public forum. Just because one can act (or think theoretical physics) does not make one a "Moral Compass".

Respect his opinion, but remember, it's just that.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   

This forum doesnt represent all the cases, true, but they do seem to collect a lot of the cases. If you are aware of other cases which merit attention, then this is the correct forum to point people to them.
I cant convinve you about hoaxes or misidentified pictures, because you wont believe the evidence. You would rather believe that a craft travelled the entire universe just to stop in our atmosphere, long enough for a fuzzy shot to be taken, and then zzzip back out of our lives

Wow so now you make false accusations against me? Nice.

I never said anything of the sort. Only shows what kind of person you are.

You never even went through the effort to convince me of anything. I asked you to present evidence of those hundreds of UFO cases reported every month being proven to be misidentifications or hoaxes, you never did anything of the sort.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaviorComplex
While I don't agree with his cynicism and mockery of the subject, he is right in the first part of the statement. We have no been visited, as far as we know. We are alone.

What evidence to you, Hawking or anybody have that we are alone? That statement doesn't make sense in light of all the circumstantial and direct evidence.

There is ZERO evidence to support the assertion that we are alone. Even science is beginning to expand to things like the multiverse, branes, bubble universes and more.

In order to say that we are alone takes ALOT of faith in your pre-existing belief system. THERE"S ZERO EVIDENCE TO SUPPORT THIS ASSERTION. All the evidence supports ufology.

[edit on 22-4-2008 by polomontana]

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by yeti101that a witness is unable to indentify soemthing they saw. The most likely explanation is something of terrestrial origin. Atmospheric phenomenon, aircraft,ballons,blimps,sky lanterns, birds other sightings may be stars or planets.

if i phone NUFORC & tell them a flying saucer story and they publish it. Does that make it true?

So what are you saying, you don't believe there are any genuine UFO's? By saying this, you are most definitely saying the millions of people including astronauts, police men, and the most respected people in our society are liars or can't tell the difference between a flying saucer and a balloon. I can certainly tell the difference, can't you?

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by solarstorm
"We don't appear to have been visited by aliens,"

That quote .. and the one where he said that if there were any life out there then they would be lower on the evolutionary scale then we were .. those two quotes made me go
and

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join