It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Terror "Victim" Seeks President's Help

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 10:52 AM
link   
A man yelling "I'm a victim of terrorism" jumped a White House fence along Pennsylvania Avenue and ran about halfway across the North Lawn on Wednesday before being caught by Secret Service officers. "He is in custody," said Charles Bopp, a spokesman for the Secret Service. "He was unarmed at the time. We are conducting an investigation."

www.AP.org

A photographer for The Associated Press, who witnessed the incident shortly after 5 p.m. EST, said the man was shouting, "I'm a victim of terrorism and I need the president's help."

Shortly after asking for the President's help he was surrounded by uniformed Secret Service officers, forced to the ground at gun point (pictured below) and led away in handcuffs.

The Scene at the White House

I'd say this story is "developing" but the public will likely never hear from this guy again.

Recent ATSNN Articles:
Bush Fights Back!

[Edited on 26-2-2004 by Zion Mainframe]

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Another clear example of our constitutional rights being flushed down the toilet.

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrmulder
Another clear example of our constitutional rights being flushed down the toilet.

How do you figure that? Does it say anywhere in the Constitution that you can just walk up and talk to the President whenever you want?

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Well I don't know about that, but if his sentence is something shocking I'll be sad. He's just crazy.

But the picture is AWESOME. What a cool catch by that AP guy... or is it more? Mwuahaha.

Look at the head in the window? Is that a head?

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Huh? I still am reading the Constitution and can't find the one that says
"You have the right to jump the fence around the White House"

Feel bad for the guy...but hey email Bush

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
A man yelling "I'm a victim of terrorism" jumped a White House fence along Pennsylvania Avenue and ran about halfway across the North Lawn on Wednesday before being caught by Secret Service officers. "He is in custody," said Charles Bopp, a spokesman for the Secret Service. "He was unarmed at the time. We are conducting an investigation.
[Edited on 26-2-2004 by Zion Mainframe]

Is that a P90 the guy is pointing at his head?

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by NetStorm
Is that a P90 the guy is pointing at his head?

I think so. Is that Ashcroft in the window laughing?

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 12:08 PM
link   
dude, he even kept his sunglasses on while he was being taken down

btw, doesn't he look like an agent or someone with law enforcement background? very stocky, well built, the way he walked? certainly didn't look like a victim of "terror" to me, but hey we can never really know.

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Good, I'm glad I got your attention by posting that. I didn't mean to offend anyone. The truth is he shouldn't have jumped the White House lawn but notice how wasn't armed and he doesn't look Al-Quada. He was asking for the President's help. Maybe he was desperate for help. I'll bet you if I asked for the President's help I wouldn't get it.

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Good, I'm glad I got your attention by posting that. I didn't mean to offend anyone. The truth is he shouldn't have jumped the White House lawn but notice how wasn't armed and he doesn't look Al-Quada. He was asking for the President's help. Maybe he was desperate for help. I'll bet you if I asked for the President's help I wouldn't get it.

Let's take a look at this from the Secret Service's perspetive:
1. A single person tresspasses on federal property.
2. Said person is yelling about something related to terrorism.
3. Person is headed towards White House with unknown intentions.

Those members on the protection detail did exactly what they were supposed to do. Honestly, I am surprised that they did not just shoot him when he got over the top of the fence.

Anyone disagree with me?

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Hey, maybe it's "John Titor"

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I think he got pretty damn close to the actual WH if you ask me. And WorldWatcher may be on to something.

If there was a terror training incident with law enforcement involved, we'd never know.

That guy could be playing a role, and we'd NEVER know.

He does look like he's from the intel community.

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I think they did pretty good. They got him half way across the grass. They keep on their feet that's for sure.

They sure have good security over there.

Too bad it's not that way on the U.S. -Mexican border.

That'd be a picture to remember.

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I love that picture. Soon we will all know how that guy feels for reasons much less than his actions.

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Don't know about Ashcroft...looks like one of the Whitehouse doggies checking out the action

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Don't know about Ashcroft...looks like one of the Whitehouse doggies checking out the action

My God that IS a dog.
I think the dog face we're seeing is from the leaves in front of the shape, but good job blowing it up. It's not Aschroft though, it's a woman. Just ignore the brown & white contrasting with the leaves and look at the background shape. It's a woman with hair kind of like Condi's. Not saying it's her, but it's a woman with that Mary Tyler Moore flip hairstyle. Or a statue of someone in a powdered wig. Or a floppy eared dog.

[Edited on 26-2-2004 by RANT]

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT

My God that IS a dog.
I think the dog face we're seeing is from the leaves in front of the shape, but good job blowing it up. It's not Aschroft though, it's a woman. Just ignore the brown & white contrasting with the leaves and look at the background shape. It's a woman with hair kind of like Condi's. Not saying it's her, but it's a woman with that Mary Tyler Moore flip hairstyle. Or a statue of someone in a powdered wig. Or a floppy eared dog.

[Edited on 26-2-2004 by RANT]

It couldnt be leaves- its the middle of winter there are no more leaves on the trees. I have no clue what it is

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 08:00 PM
link   
its George Washington he doesnt like the new way the government s running hes come back to bring George Bush with him back to where Georgie came from

top topics

join