It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is being introduced in each state!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

I think I might just be a pacifist then. I just need to work a bit more on the knowing the difference part.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Wont pass in TX. That and everybody I know has a thousands if not (honestly) millions of rounds of every caliber you can think of. If it did pass by some weird stretch I would not follow the law. Fkem. I have had it with the left...you cowards want my guns or ammo..COME AND TAKE IT!

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Here is another thing I thought of.

I go to a shooting range at least 4 times a month, that's nothing compared to some of the sport shooters I know.

Now think about all the shell casings that drop all over the place, hell sometime there are so many people on the line that the ground is covered in them.

This happens daily, now if I was a criminal or the gun store owner was shady they would resell or reload them for the black market.

Someone uses your shell casing and know you have $50,000 in attorney's fee to prove you wrong.

This is a F'd up bill for sure.

[edit on 22-4-2008 by Realtruth]

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Better start hording folks!

As was stated previously, a cap on the amount purchased will be right on its heels.

Also taxes on ammo will most likely increase until it is unaffordable.

They know they have to take away the ammo before they can take away the guns.

BTW the guy with the ghandi avatar is on top of it- non projectile weapons can be very effective in close combat, and you can bet if they want to come take your ammo or guns, they'll be right up in your face and your territory.

1 last thought, does that mean if you dont somehow "declare" what you have for ammo that is pre-legislation, you are a candidate for an ATF or CIA raid? that would be my guess.

This could get pretty ugly for us "John Wayne" wannabe MutherF$#%ers.
But thats what we live for

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
If you've bought ammo or a firearm anywhere besides a gun show or from a private party, the BATFE already knows what type of guns you own, and the ammo you have.

I imagine hoarding old ammo without serial numbers will make you a terrorist if you get caught.. Oh well, what will they think of next?

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   
WARNING!!!....TOXIC!!

Yea, I mean it. I also don't care; the jerks that be have a foot-thick dossier on your's truly already, and another page or two will change nothing.

I see a LOT of like subjects cussed and discussed on ATS... and they all just disappear after awhile as though they never were; as it were, replaced by something seemingly more bizarre than Reality. Trust me, nothing is more bizarre that Reality.

My advice to everyone here is to quit thinking and mouthing about it, and start making hard plans that match the hard facts. In other words, start taking your Freedom and Liberty MORE seriously than these scheming bastards take their precious NWO.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   
OK well where to begin.....

I am a gun-toting Democrat myself and I see no problem with the sample legislation on the provided website. There was no mention of a limit on the amount you could buy just that it would have to be coded which is lame. You cant code something that is going to be shredded when it impacts. At least on most occasions you wont be able to find the coding when the bullet would be recovered.

Now I am all for anyone having guns as long as they are competent to have them and I think statements like "they are taking away our guns" are a little overboard. "They" arent taking away anything from me, as a matter of fact they are wasting ammo manufacturers time by implementing laws like this. That aside I will still have my weapons and all the talk of someone stealing your ammo and using it is kind of a lame argument too. I dont mean to attack anyone but if all of us were responsible gun-owners as soon as ammo was stolen wouldnt you report it? Not to mention NO ONE is going to steal my ammo unless they steal my weapons so that would make it more important to report and I would guess that anyone else would be in the same boat.

Bottom line is that anyone that owns firearms and takes them seriously should have nothing to worry about because they should be stored properly. Now I know that theives can get into pretty much anything but a safe is pretty freakin hard to get into much less steal from someone's home. I dont care what they do to the rounds as long as I can still buy them and I havent heard of anyone passing legislation denying ammo sales to the public.

We all know who shouldnt own firearms and it pretty much boils down to being responsible not only with your weapons but also in your personal life so you dont do something stupid that would keep you from buying a gun legally. So, coding or not, buy as much ammo as you want but dont cry when some idiot messes up, or buys weapons illegally and then puts up a fight with the feds. This is the "John Wayne" type of crap that we should really be worried about that would possibly keep people like me, who want to buy whatever I want to own weapon-wise, from buying a firearm in the future.

If all they are talking about now is coding whats the big deal? Plus, the NRA, ammo manufacturers, and citizen complaint should keep this from passing anyway when common sense about how pointless coding a bullet that will be impossible to identify comes to light.

No biggy to me, I am not doing anything wrong. If you arent doing anything wrong you shouldnt be worried either.

[edit on 22-4-2008 by hybridx]

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dulcimer
Scenario:

-Some criminal who does not obey any law, steals your registered bullets.
-Said criminal kills person using your stolen bullets.
-Police "solve" the crime because they traced the bullets back to you.

Yay!

As long as the law nabs somebody it looks like they are doing their job.

There is plenty of ways around this system.

Sad.

Yep.A group of friends in Illinois fowarded this info to me and i told them dont fall for it.Its not only a scam but it will not stop a determined criminal from stealing the ammo and then the blame is placed on the peson it was stolen from.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by RuneSpider
Well, here in Flroida, we're now allowed to carry weapons in our cars onto buisnesses and campuses.
The idea behind the serial number is not to take away guns, it's to identfiy the shooter. If someone buys ammunition and shoots a fellow, then it's possible to track them with the serial number. Which makes it less likely for someone to do so.
And if you have a real problem with it, you can make your own bullets.
The idea here is not taking them away, but better control of said guns. It used to be the only way to match bullets to guns was the striations made as the bullet left the gun, marking it like a finger print. Now it's numbered.

----------------------------

This guy has it right.
Do a balancing test on this one. What is more likely? catch some killers on one side and................the government tracking you down to take away your gun.
I live in the real world and unless the SC comes down in some freak of nature ruling on the D.C. case (2nd amendment to be defined), then I am fine with this.......not to mention that California is the most liberal or ground breaking legal theory state in the Union, if they say it is cool, then all is good.

[and I assume dude meant "Florida"]

[edit on 22-4-2008 by Res Ipsa]

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by hybridx
OK well where to begin.....

No biggy to me, I am not doing anything wrong. If you arent doing anything wrong you shouldnt be worried either.

No biggy to you, but you must not have much experience under your belt. I was in law enforcement for many years. I have seen innocent people that had items stolen, only to go through a very painful process and costly legal process to maintain innocence.

First off people, they are not going to encode the round (lead) itself, but the casing or shell, brass which is ejected from the firearm. The lead fragments or mushrooms so identifying the numbers would be nill. Shotguns use shot small round balls, so the only thing there is the shell to encode.

How many of you would ever know that someone stole ammunition that is horded or tucked away?

Answer: You wouldn't until the ATF, FBI or local police came with a search warrant because they found you shell casings, then it's off to retain an attorney to maintain innocence starting cost $5000.00, just for the lawyer to take your case.

How about you are out shooting at the range or hunting and lose track of the shells?

Someone picks up your encoded shell reloads it and then your in a legal battle to maintain your innocence.

It's not about doing anything wrong, it's about what may happen to you if someone else does something wrong with your rounds.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by hybridx

You cant code something that is going to be shredded when it impacts.

Which only goes to show that this is really all about some ulterior motive. Keeping an inventory on civilian firepower, not criminal firepower mind you, law-abiding citizens.

That is really weak.

Just because I'm not doing anything wrong, does not mean I am willing to give up my rights. And this certainly is a step toward that. Why do you think they would go to all this trouble otherwise?

[edit on 4/22/0808 by jackinthebox]

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   
From the Tenn House Bill

Seems it will apply to handgun and assault rifle ammo.

For purposes of this act, "coded ammunition" means a bullet carrying a unique identifier that has been applied by etching onto the base of the bullet projectile.

Sounds like the ID is on the base of the bullet, not the case.

I suppose those who reload will have to buy marked bullets to use in reloading.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   
is it just me? am i the only one who sees potential in this?

when the "revolution" finally arives, each round will be like a calling card

Here They Come To Snuff The Rooster
Yeah Here Come The Rooster
You Know He Ain't Gonna Die
link

of course you know im kidding here right? id never promote violence or anything like that.....today, im a pacifist.

tomorrow however is another day

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Res Ipsa
.not to mention that California is the most liberal or ground breaking legal theory state in the Union, if they say it is cool, then all is good.

would that be like the laws that ban almost all firearms but handguns with limited capacity mags, bolt action rifles and such?

hell when i ended up here i had to send most of my knives and my nunchukas back home to pops to hang on to for me along with most of my guns.

so if california is the model we're looking to for legal theories and practices for the rest of the country, im going to start seaching for an island to declare my own country.

god i cant wait to get out of this state

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by hybridx

Fair enough under the current laws, but what happens when those laws change? The instant they change the laws, you must change yourself to be in line with them or else you will be "doing something wrong" and it will suddenly be a very biggy to you.

Originally posted by roadgravel
I suppose those who reload will have to buy marked bullets to use in reloading.

Heh, only for the rounds we take out target shooting and could have inspected by the PTB, if you catch my drift.

Of course our government is already starting the assault against reloaders via lead bullet bans based on false flag concerns the lead is killing birds of prey, beginning with the California condor. Check this I fully expect this to go nationwide under some migratory bird protection act.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Another angle to this would be to raise the price so high on ammunition, you simply couldn't afford it. They don't have to take your guns that way. They deny you nothing, and can still play the Good guys.

If they add five cent here, and tax you anothe dime there, and the distributors add their extra expense to the price, they very well could get too expensive for the average person to buy.

I wince at fifty cent a round for my 30-30, at one dollar a piece, I wouldn't be using or practicing with it very often.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Damocles

Death cards...nice...

www.destgulch.com...

[edit on 4/22/0808 by jackinthebox]

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

HYPOTHETICALLY, that would be exactly what i meant.

if i was you know, serious and all

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by RuneSpider

Don't let em fool you man. It's got nothing to do with gun control and everything to do with people control. It's just another way for big brother to monitor our every move. Putting codes on ammo is NOT going to control guns, what it is going to do is tell the goverment who bought the ammo when,where, and how much. There goes your probable cause in the making. John Smith has been buying eight boxes of ammo every week for six months now, he must be up to no good, that"s WAY to much ammo for a law abiding citizen. Lets go break his door in and see what he's up to. Lol gun control what a laugh! I'm in Chicago, IL. Believe me we have more than enough gun control here, along with controlling everything else. Thier so called "gun control" doesn't work, all it does is take away the right of law abiding citizen to keep and bear arms. Hell we had over 15 shootings here this past weekend alone! Do you think that the gang bangers are going to go into a gun store and buy these legitimate "coded" bullets? I think not. The criminals will always find a way to get illegal guns and ammo no matter what gun control is in effect, all thier gun control does is take away the rights of law abiding citizens to protece themselves.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 08:24 PM
link   
heh, my idea of "gun control" is putting them in the 10 ring

but maybe thats just me

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join