It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Magnetic Water

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Does anyone know about this device? I heard about it recently and thought it was interesting. It has been in use in Australia for a while now and many of us have eaten the fruits and veges grown using it without even knowing.

On the surface it looks like a great idea. Uses much less water and increases crop yields by up to 23% according to the manufacturer.

The manufacturers website goes into detail showing how fantastic it is and that it is safe for all.

It changes the structure of the water that allows it to be used more effectively and shows substantial productivity increases in almost every farm situation it has been applied to so far.

Yet it goes on to say

The results will be formally published later this year but the researchers suggest that based on their findings, further testing on a larger scale should be done.

My concern it that if the researchers suggest more research should be done should it already be used commercially without the publics’ knowledge? If the structure of the water is changed does that have a flow on effect with the vegetation and is it healthy for human consumption.

I am not sure if this is healthy paranoia or if I am being unnecessarily dubious.

You can see more at www.magneticwater.net.au..." target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow">magneticwater.net.au

For the record I have nothing to do with this company, but I wish I did considering the price of the product…

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 12:12 AM
link   

It changes the structure of the water that allows it to be used more effectively and shows substantial productivity increases in almost every farm situation it has been applied to so far.

I don’t see how it could possible change the structure of water and have it still be water. And with stuff like this:

GMX has created magnetic fluid conditioning devices that put the full power of magnetohydrodynamics to work for you.

Everything about this site just screams scam.

So I don’t think you have much to worry about, since it most likely doesn’t actually do anything.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Yeah, I read their 'scientific explanation' and this is a ripoff. It's either a scam or else run by someone who knows nothing of science.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lethys

I don’t see how it could possible change the structure of water and have it still be water. And with stuff like this:

GMX has created magnetic fluid conditioning devices that put the full power of magnetohydrodynamics to work for you.

Everything about this site just screams scam.

So I don’t think you have much to worry about, since it most likely doesn’t actually do anything.

JUST REPLICATE BY USING 2 PLANTS......ONE WATERED BY MAGNETIC WATER AND ONE WITHOUT.
USE A STRONG HARD DRIVE MAGNET FROM AN OLD HARD DRIVE...

THEORY IS SURFACE TENSION/VISCOSITY IS REDUCED ALLOWING BETTER SOAKING.

[edit on 22-4-2008 by esecallum]

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   
sounds a little dodgy to me

Using magnets to break surface tension! why bother is my question ... water is the simplest thing on the planet, there is tonnes and tonnes of the stuff ......

Screams of a scam to me

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   
This is a variation of the same scam that uses magnetics on gasoline lines for better performance.

This has been around in one form or another since the 1980's. Reliable scientific research has been done by some universities, but the results showed no changes.

You'll hear terms thrown about polarized calcium ions. It's a fraud at this point.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   
It is very interesting to see a 100% response of ‘this is a scam’. That was my initial reaction when I first saw it. I have seen many a magnet related item from rings and bracelets to pillows and blankets and thought ‘twas nothing more than a crock of fecal matter.

The testimonials given on the show (it was a current affairs program in Oz) were quite convincing. Of course they would only show the positive ones if they were trying to flog the product, but the company offered free installation and use for a period of time with no obligation to buy and a number of farmers apparently bought the system. At A$10,000 a pop I would have to be seriously convinced to spend that kind of money on a watering system. This to me says it is possibly legit. Then maybe I am just a little gullible. On the other hand, I don’t know how the contract is set up.

That said, and back to my initial question, whether it is a scam or not if it does actually increase yields and results in larger produce my concern is the quality of the food and the potential health issues from ingesting ‘magentised’ food. (I know that technically the food is not magnetized, but it is supposedly enhanced through magnetism)

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   
I have yet to hear of anyone using or talking about this technology in Australia. If it was anywhere near as good as claimed I would have had people ring and tell me about it.

However, I do confess to being partial to the concept of low surface tension water being superior for both animal, human and plant health and nutrition. If anyone can dig up some of the early research by Dr Patrick Flanagan (before he went into multilevel marketing that is) you will find some great info. Basically, he set out to determine what common factors existed in the diets and/or lifestyle of people who lived to very old ages, ie the Hunza valley area and others around the world. He told me he discovered by accident, that the ONLY common factor in all these areas where people lived to incredible ages, was that their local water supplies had significantly lowered surface tension. He went on to do research which he says proves that low surface tension water lubricates better, conducts bio electricity better, and eliminates waste better. He also said it was great on plants, but I never saw any research to back it up.

Duncan

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Huh? I've never heard of it being used here. If it is, those people are geting scammed.

These sorta things have been out forever. Some claim to move the molecules around so that they're at different 'angles' to one another. Doesn't work. If it did it'd be breaking physics wide open.

It just seems like a huge money making scheme to me.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by nexusmagazine

Hi Nexus,
If you are in SE QLD (as am I ) it as on today tonight a while back. They said it has been in use for a while on various farms and chances are you have eaten some of the produce. Thats why I am concerend about any possible effects.
Like I said, I have no idea if it works or not, but I found it interesting still.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 04:13 AM
link   

The results will be formally published later this year but the researchers suggest that based on their findings...[you should give them all your money]

These guys will always be publishing their data "later this year" or "sometime next year" or they will be getting it verified by an independent lab "shortly". Just like all the free-energy scams out there - which usually involve magic magnets as well.

What is is with magnets? They have been studied extensively for 300 years and their behaviour is as well understood as anthing else, yet people still claim to "cure cancer" or "solve the world's energy problems" or "make your plants grow faster" or "help you pull all the chicks". Alright I added that last one - but I bet someone has claimed that they could help your sexual magnetism with real magnetism.

It's nonsense, magnets may be cool but they are not magic.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by VIKINGANT
reply to post by nexusmagazine

Hi Nexus,
If you are in SE QLD (as am I ) it as on today tonight a while back. They said it has been in use for a while on various farms and chances are you have eaten some of the produce. Thats why I am concerend about any possible effects.
Like I said, I have no idea if it works or not, but I found it interesting still.

I never watch Today Tonight, or A Current Affair - having had dealings with them on numerous stories in the past, I can personally attest that their priority is ratings and sensationalism, and nothing to do with truth or accuracy in reporting.

In our latest issue of Nexus, I have run an article debunking the nonsensical claims of alkalised water - which is all the rage in alt health mags these days. It is all hype and nonsense - and so far I am the only one to refuse adverts from the main company promoting this. (They even tried taking legal action to force me to run their ads - can you believe it?). Sure our human bodies naturally perform better when our blood is alkaline - but this is achieved through diet, excercise and common sense. Drinking ANY water will 'alkalize' your body, but can the average new ager understand this?

I'm up on the Blackall Range, behind the Sunshine Coast btw.

Duncan

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by FatherLukeDuke

Several studies were done in Israel in the 90's. They found it worked.

You'll find one here

sound-ideas.info...

And there's a video of an interview about a trial run by a Hungarian university here.

h2grow.co.uk...

Best wishes

John
sound-ideas.info

top topics

join