It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why don't Aliens make direct contact with us If they exist?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by LOYAL
The first thing that comes to mind, If they exist then why don't they make direct contact with us...

Well...there are over 200 billion stars in the Milky Way Galaxy, 100 million of which are like our Sun. That is a lot of stars to search for life. They may be out there, but just can't find us.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by LateApexer313

That is very interesting...I don't know much about what Muslims and what they believe as you don't about Christians but that's fascinating the difference in beliefs about this subject, so, to Muslims in general...if extraterrestrials did land at Mecca, no one would be panicked or hysterical?

Just curious what you think on this subject.

[edit on 21-4-2008 by LateApexer313]

hehehe.

well! seriously i dont see if there would be chaos in the Muslim world if happens so, as long as they don't do unholy things you know
hehe..

they would be rather deemed good prospect for New Muslims converts, and would be asked to embrace Islam and live with us happily

[edit on 21-4-2008 by LOYAL]

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Well if they are out there abducting people as millions here in the U.S. are stating....I doubt they are passing over Muslims. If they are abducting Muslims as well, against their will and doing the same thing that is reported here in the U.S. would that be considered to be unholy by Muslims?

That's too funny though, so as long as they don't do unholy things they will be seen as a sign of good luck and looked upon as a way to get more converts to Islam...interesting!

I hope the Catholic church doesn't see this post
They might erect an extraterrestrial beacon on the Vatican to replenish the empty collection plates!

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Well if they are out there abducting people as millions here in the U.S. are stating....I doubt they are passing over Muslims. If they are abducting Muslims as well, against their will and doing the same thing that is reported here in the U.S. would that be considered to be unholy by Muslims?

well that always surprises when i learn stories of people getting abducted by aliens in US ..... and Californian in particular hehe
why not is this happening to country like us (pakistan)... why all these things happen to nations who are rather 'richer' why not to poor, don't they like poor people ....

Yes if they abduct any Muslim it will be deemed unholy act and it will certainly require a divine spark on them hehehe

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by LOYAL

Wow interesting so you all don't have the same stories of people getting abducted and being poked and prodded and DNA extractions etc while on an alien ship?

Do you think that's because it's not reported or do you think it's just a U.S. "fad"?

I figure if humans are being abducted, like you said, they aren't going to target certain countries they are going to scientifically sample every race, every country etc.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Wow interesting so you all don't have the same stories of people getting abducted and being poked and prodded and DNA extractions etc while on an alien ship?

Do you think that's because it's not reported or do you think it's just a U.S. "fad"?

I figure if humans are being abducted, like you said, they aren't going to target certain countries they are going to scientifically sample every race, every country etc.

Well!! in the Muslim World we have different stories similar to this, every other Muslim seems to be victim of Black Magic, and obsessed by a ghost at least once in his/her life ... interesting??

I don't think if there is anything that had actually happened and not got reported... our TV channells do report people who claim to be obsessed by a ghost or devil spirit and some are believed to lost their life too...

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Perhaps they would like to contact us but we're trapped in our little pocket of reality... unable to see what's all around us.

Just fish in a tank.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   
The paster at my wifes church belives in aliens and ufo's.The way he explains it is this.'Why would God reveal to us the existance of other life in the universe,when we cant get along with our own kind.Mabey once we get to the point where we can get along with each other then mabey it will become known."

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tricky63
The paster at my wifes church belives in aliens and ufo's.The way he explains it is this.'Why would God reveal to us the existance of other life in the universe,when we cant get along with our own kind.Mabey once we get to the point where we can get along with each other then mabey it will become known."

Hahaha, and I guess when he talks about the dinosaur, he says "well god thought we got along with ourselves well enough that he would release that little tid bit of information, perhaps as an owner of a dog supplies a treat upon completion of a new trick, but wait my congregation, if humanity is REALLY good, god will give them the ultimate treat!" ....

Also love how the pastors explaination doesn't even explain anything, it just makes god seem like some pompus asshole who is hiding # cause WERE NOT WORTHY! More like HES FULL OF #

[edit on 22-4-2008 by king9072]

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   
The way I see it, we humans are probably an interesting species to watch over. Potensially, all these aircraft that we see are either hoaxes or government projects (area 51 and whatnot), and at the same time aliens are observing us from afar. As stated elsewhere in this thread, it would be a bad idea to give an under developed species more advanced tech. We should just sit back, continue with our own technology, and wait for a proper "first contact".

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by LOYAL

If they do indeed exist, (which I believe they do), there's uncountable reasons why they may not want direct contact. Here's two small ones (if the written accounts of experiencers are to be believed).

Firstly, if your taking people out of their beds against their will, implanting them with tracking devices, ramming probes into their orifices and generally scaring the sh*t out of them, your hardly going to come down and start rubbing noses with them while their conscious and under their own volition.

How many rapists hang with their victims?

Secondly, if I'm to believe a couple of the recent threads on the ATS Board, it appears the worlds full of rednecks just waiting to pump them full of lead which would be a shame if some of them are actually friendly. No doubt they've been watching us long enough to know how violent and irrational we are when faced with the unknown.

Thirdly... nah - I'll leave it there!

IRM

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Also i wonder how did this idea came to human mind that Aliens exist in this world, was that out of the curiosity or any of them really had a contact with them, UFOs and Aliens are really known to everyone regardless of they exist or not...

I never believed in Aliens but now i am skeptical if they exist... after going through threads on this forum

because i think there would be certain reasons for people to come up with this idea or this belief that Alien exist in this world and just wonder what was that

[edit on 22-4-2008 by LOYAL]

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I've always been a big fan of the idea that the hypothetical aliens don't contact us publicly or directly because they just don't care. We are just so inconsequential to them that the most we rate is an occasional random interaction. They have nothing to gain.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by 4thefight
Maybe because we as a species are not ready. Just look at how Aliens are portrayed on tv and in our movies. If a Saucer landed in your neighborhood how would your neighbors act? I bet alot would be grabbing weapons, screaming, and just plain flipping out.

How true. Humans, it seems, have a "shoot first, ask questions later" policy. That alone might be enough to prevent them from showing themselves in any major public venue.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Aliens don't make direct contact because they don't WANT to make direct contact. Whatever there motives are, openly making contact and letting the world know of there existence is not on there agenda just yet. Why? No one knows but them. Will they in the future? No one knows but them. Do they even exist? No one knows but them

[edit on 22-4-2008 by DemonicAngelZero]

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaviorComplex

The first thing that comes to mind, If they exist then why don't they make direct contact with us...

Well...there are over 200 billion stars in the Milky Way Galaxy, 100 million of which are like our Sun. That is a lot of stars to search for life. They may be out there, but just can't find us.

I agree with that statement. I mean, if we can't find them, then what makes anyone think that they would be capable of finding us?

Whenever most people think of advanced civilisations out in the universe, they assume that they are super intelligent and have the capability of destroying us at will. This may not be the case at all, we could be far more intelligent, or have better technology for searching space. They could even have no interest whatsoever of looking for other life.

Considering the universe is Billions of years old, civilisations will have come and gone throughout the universe, extraterrestrial life will be constantly changing. They may have come long before we were here, they may come long after.. who know's we might be 'them' from when they colonised the Sol star system thousands of years ago.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Ever thought that they might not want to contact other species ... ever though that they may be Introverts.

If they are 'self centered' it may explain a few things .... they will be concerned for only themselves, not wanting to communicate with others just happy plodding along doing what they do ....

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   
It maybe that they're on Pay-As-You-Go, because some of the
texts I've been gettin' would turn you white!
It's okay for them racing around with their jet-packs, rock and
roll music and their large eyes, but they wanna come down
and shovel some of this sh*t.

Anyway, I've never seen a flying saucer,. though I look from
my bedroom window every night. My mom says it's all a
money-making scam, but I'm too invested now, so it's gotta
be true.

On another subject, I've been gettin' better at balancing a glass
of water on my head... I can just-to-say see the computer screen
if I slowly.... aw cr*p!! my SlipKnot T-shirt is sodden.
Oh heck, you wait till Mom finds out.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by king9072

Just imagine, if a UFO dropped itself down onto the superbowl field and a few aliens popped out and started waving, it would shake the world

Probably shake the US ! no one else watches girls rugby do they ?? lol just kidding

Why n the hell would any intelligent being want to contact us???

Were led by self centred greedy governments , our so called elite lmao!!

We seem to worship cretins who parade themselves infront of cameras and try their hardest to be aloof from us plebs!!! Idiots all of the so called celebs!

The shoot first and ask questions later is NOT a world wide phenomenon! no explainations needed there!

They (the so called Aliens) probably took one look at us and decided to steer clear and put up an exclusion zone! until we grow up and treat each other with the respect and dignity that we dont deserve! Until the greed and self righteousness has been eradicated were ALONE !

Prove me wrong with HARD evidence !

rgds
Git

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by fiftyfifty

Originally posted by SaviorComplex

I agree with that statement. I mean, if we can't find them, then what makes anyone think that they would be capable of finding us?

Whenever most people think of advanced civilisations out in the universe, they assume that they are super intelligent and have the capability of destroying us at will. This may not be the case at all, we could be far more intelligent, or have better technology for searching space. They could even have no interest whatsoever of looking for other life.

Considering the universe is Billions of years old, civilisations will have come and gone throughout the universe, extraterrestrial life will be constantly changing. They may have come long before we were here, they may come long after.. who know's we might be 'them' from when they colonised the Sol star system thousands of years ago.

Hahaha, the reason why people would associate ET civilizations as being much more advanced than us is quite simply because, THEY found us, not the other way around. I am sure if we were flying our ships onto a distant planet and found another civilization we would likely assume we were much more advanced technologically. So on the flip side of that same coin, if we were to be visited by an ET civilization, the fact that they found us, flew who knows how far to get here and landed on our soil with a living crew; they are likely more advanced than us.

Also, I don't agree with the whole idea that they don't visit us cause were so destructive, not only am I a firm believer that if there ARE aliens in existence they are already collaborating and communicating with world governments. But additionally, as I mentioned in my previous post the whole superbowl scenario, if they did land a massive craft on the superbowl field and 4 aliens popped out and started waving theres NO WAY IN HELL THAT ANYONE WOULD SHOOT THEM! No possible way, that would have to be honestly the dumbest thing I have ever witnessed if that scenario played out. Also, in the case that we did appear hostile, to a civilization that may have come millions of miles or even light years - I think they would simply fly back out of our atmosphere, where we currently don't have any weapons that would be able to attack them.

Isn't that logical? It's odd how people are so quick to assume they are extremely advanced, yet use the fact that we are a violent race to support the argument of why they aren't publicly displaying themselves, but why would such an advanced race fear an earth bound, and less technologically advanced race, even if we are violent?

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join