It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why don't Aliens make direct contact with us If they exist?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Though i did not have much interest in UFOs or Alien but after going some threads here i seem to be getting more than curious about them.

The first thing that comes to mind, If they exist then why don't they make direct contact with us... we on the other hand have been doing our best to locate them , and pursue them even though most believe they don't exist at all, however some do believe in their existence..

If they exist what could be possible reason that why they have not made contact with us yet .... are they scared of us? or Just not allowed by God to do so?

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Well there's no definite answer, but it probably has something to do with us being too immature as a species. So far all we've shown is that every time we develop new technology we try to figure out the best method to turn it into a weapon. We're a very destructive species so imagine what would happen if we were given free roam of the universe with technology more advanced than we can imagine. Of course this answer requires that there are indeed ETs visiting us.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by LOYAL

Though i did not have much interest in UFOs or Alien but after going some threads here i seem to be getting more than curious about them.

Me and you both Loyal!

I think there may be three possible reasons:

1. They don't exist - those things flying around so often are super power - super technology which we are still in the dark about (anyone ever see an alien get out of one of these craft?). (don't cite ET - Spielberg)
2. They have an agreement with the main governments of the world not to interfere with our affairs (or future); (I.e. Eisenhower, 1954) or
3. They operate the 'Zoo Theory' - feed / observe the animals but keep your distance and be careful - these guys are dangerous.

Nothwithstanding the above, why do they fly so low, over populated areas etc etc. We've heard all this before.

I'll say the 'zoo theory' applies!!

Brei.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 08:45 PM
link   
^ yea but one could say that aliens may pose greater threat to us than we actually do to them..

i meant they might be even more destructive than us ... as mostly it appears in Movies heeheh. 'The Independence Day' or like that movies mostly depict them as more evil than us.

But i wonder there could some reason for people to come up with this idea or they really have experienced something that led them to believe that Aliens do exist.

Or they might be like Supernatural creatures like Ghost ... Jinns, I don't know what Christianity has got to say about Ghost (Jinns) but in Islam they are depicted as the creature just like us but we can't see them, i meant they are as sensible as we.. so might be possible that Jinns have created some ' technological devices too today known is UFOs' ' what do you think???

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Your question is kind of pointless. What I mean is that, how can you say they haven't directly contacted us already? In fact, there are ALOT of people that will tell you that not only have we made contact, but some people believe we even created treaties with them at some point.

If your question instead meant, why haven't they landed a mother ship on the superbowl field to show the world they exist, then the answer (if you are a believer that the higher-ups in government have already made contact) would probably be that they understand what a dramatic effect that would have on our race.

Just imagine, if a UFO dropped itself down onto the superbowl field and a few aliens popped out and started waving, it would shake the world, religions would all collapse because of their obvious discrepencies in history, because if god did create us all, and there are aliens... why were they left out of the bible? So as literally billions of weak, feeble minded, followers literally have their entire belief system crushed in one minute, a whole life of lies, and ignorance would be all they were left with. Thus, chaos.

Additionally, on top of the obvious religion problems, if that scenario were to play out people would be absolutely pissed right off that the governments hid their existence all this time, cause surely there would be no way for the governments to not have known of their existence if they are in fact real.

But, for anyone who has taken the time to seriously investigate and look into the major world events of the last couple hundred years you soon realize that the people in power lie to us sheeple at every possible chance they get and if you want to know the truth about something the government has stated. Simply reverse whatever they have said, if they say aliens dont exist, they probably do. They are liars, always have been and always will be. Hopefully one day, that will not be the case and we will be allowed to know what is out there to know.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Hiyah Loyal...

Well, first of all you're assuming they haven't directly contacted us.

Estimates are that millions of people claim to be in contact with or have had contact with extraterrestrial beings...are they all lying or experiencing "sleep paralysis" etc. I don't know the answer to that, but there seems to be too many to ignore for sure.

In 1991, Hopkins, Jacobs and sociologist Dr. Ron Westrum commissioned a Roper Poll in order to determine how many Americans might have experienced the abduction phenomenon. Of nearly 6,000 Americans, 119 answered in a way that Hopkins et al interpreted as supporting their ET interpretation of the abduction phenomenon. Based on this figure, Hopkins et al estimated that nearly four million Americans might have been abducted by extraterrestrials.

Source: en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Maybe they are waiting for an intelligent human to talk to and it won't be in D.C.

Mod Edit-Please read: One-line posts.

[edit on 4/21/2008 by Cuhail]

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   
If ET's existed, they would possess the technology to obliterate us without warning. Given this, there have been reports by Clifford Stone regarding the neutralising of silos capabilities whilst a ufo was in the vacinity.

We see everything as negative as possible - a bee can sting us so we must kill it before it can sting us - that thing is more scared of us ... etc.

Mentality against actuality.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by king9072

Just imagine, if a UFO dropped itself down onto the superbowl field and a few aliens popped out and started waving, it would shake the world, religions would all collapse because of their obvious discrepencies in history, because if god did create us all, and there are aliens... why were they left out of the bible? So as literally billions of weak, feeble minded, followers literally have their entire belief system crushed in one minute, a whole life of lies, and ignorance would be all they were left with. Thus, chaos.

hmmm, even though Christianity and Islam are both monotheism religion i don't know much about Christianity in general what it says about other creatures, However in Islam, there is detailed information about other creatures that live in our world but we can't see that. I meant we a Muslims believe that there are thousands of other creatures in this World but we can't see them by the will of God .... isn't that interesting to know???? I meant i as Muslim would never be surprised if someone says that he has made contact with another creature so i don't that would cause chaos as you suggested isnt???

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by alienib
Maybe they are waiting for an intelligent human to talk to and it won't be in D.C.

Mod Edit-Please read: One-line posts.

[edit on 4/21/2008 by Cuhail]

Certainly won't be in the US.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by LOYAL
reply to post by king9072

hmmm, even though Christianity and Islam are both monotheism religion i don't know much about Christianity in general what it says about other creatures, However in Islam, there is detailed information about other creatures that live in our world but we can't see that. I meant we a Muslims believe that there are thousands of other creatures in this World but we can't see them by the will of God .... isn't that interesting to know???? I meant i as Muslim would never be surprised if someone says that he has made contact with another creature so i don't that would cause chaos as you suggested isnt???

I will 100% admit my ignorance towards religion, especially islam. But what I gather from christianity, in all its forms has a following in the billions alone. And I believe their premise is that the world was CREATED less than 10000 years ago... (yah I know, try telling them about the dinosaurs that roamed some 65 million years ago... they have a bible quote ready for you..) Which is absolutely ludicrus, now I believe that if aliens were to visit from another planet, that would ultimately mean that the whole religion situation is hog-wash and has no validity. We dont need to go into all the similarities that every religion has in common with eachother, or how they were all originally based on solar activity. Ultimately, they all believe we were created by "a god" and this happened in a single moment, and that every single thing we know of was "created" by that god, and the fact that ET's from a different planet showed up, that would mean it was all just another lie.

The religious institution is just like every other powerful institution this world, they are currupt and they lie to sheeple because they believe thats what best for us. And based on the absolute ignorance that the majority of the people in this world bask in, maybe they're right.

[edit on 21-4-2008 by king9072]

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 09:07 PM
link   

If your question instead meant, why haven't they landed a mother ship on the superbowl field to show the world they exist, then the answer (if you are a believer that the higher-ups in government have already made contact) would probably be that they understand what a dramatic effect that would have on our race.

Yes i was referring to this, that why don't let us be their Host, i would be glad to host a dinner for a couple of alien guys, does not matter if they cant speak english i am not good at speaking english either heheeh... It would be just amazing if they land here and may be few of us make to reach their mother land too to see what they have been upto like that... i don't think there would some kindda chaos to me that would be very exciting experience !!!!

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Yes i was referring to this, that why don't let us be their Host, i would be glad to host a dinner for a couple of alien guys, does not matter if they cant speak english i am not good at speaking english either heheeh... It would be just amazing if they land here and may be few of us make to reach their mother land too to see what they have been upto like that... i don't think there would some kindda chaos to me that would be very exciting experience !!!!

Though that possibility would probably grow a semi-lober in the pants of many of the gentleman on this forum - the dilemmas I already mentioned involving billions of people, I believe, would likely trump the happiness that a few million UFO fans would be experiencing. Just my opinion though

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by king9072

I will 100% admit my ignorance towards religion, especially islam. But what I gather from christianity, in all its forms has a following in the billions alone. And I believe their premise is that the world was CREATED less than 10000 years ago... (yah I know, try telling them about the dinosaurs that roamed some 65 million years ago... they have a bible quote ready for you..)
[edit on 21-4-2008 by king9072]

ROFL,

we as a muslims youth also wonder why dinosaurs are missing in Koran, but seems like our Clerics are wiser they always have a say... in every scientific theory, and most of them say like ' dinosaurs did not worth mentioning in the Koran ' hehehe

by the was as per Islamic teachings, we believe that this earth was created way before the creation of Adam... i guess Bible does teach that isn't???? Jinns or Devil has been roaming on this planet when even Adam was not created as mentioned in Quran, He the Devil has worshiped God on every corner of this world ... and He was the surprme leader of all Angels until Adam was created and He rejected God's order to prostrate before Adam .. and then he turned into a Devil from the that very day

it's just i am giving you in sight about Islam and other creatures that exist in this world and life on earth before Adam ....!!! I meant we as a Muslim won't be very surprised since we have an idea about these things and seems like it's missing in Bible !!!!!!

[edit on 21-4-2008 by LOYAL]

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   
In terms of direct contact, who would want it?

Keep discloure disclosed for as long as possible! Us humans feed off alternatives. I for one would not want such a direct contact, 1. because I don't think that I could handle it (along with the general population) and 2. where would it lead?

Were better off thinking we know than knowing - aliens as the alpha male!! - not a good propsect for those in power and finger on the trigger.

Brei. (sorry for the one liner earlier)

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Breifne
In terms of direct contact, who would want it?

Keep discloure disclosed for as long as possible! Us humans feed off alternatives. I for one would not want such a direct contact, 1. because I don't think that I could handle it (along with the general population) and 2. where would it lead?

Were better off thinking we know than knowing - aliens as the alpha male!! - not a good propsect for those in power and finger on the trigger.

Brei. (sorry for the one liner earlier)

I am actually very interested to meet any of them, i don't think they will do any harm to me, as long as i don't pose any threat to them after all they would have enough brain cells working to figure that when they should attack someone...

on the bright side, there could be possibility that Aliens mostly are females and probably can better please men than our women ehehe who knows... i always take things positively

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   

However in Islam, there is detailed information about other creatures that live in our world but we can't see that. I meant we a Muslims believe that there are thousands of other creatures in this World but we can't see them by the will of God .... isn't that interesting to know????

That is very interesting...I don't know much about what Muslims and what they believe as you don't about Christians but that's fascinating the difference in beliefs about this subject, so, to Muslims in general...if extraterrestrials did land at Mecca, no one would be panicked or hysterical?

Just curious what you think on this subject.

[edit on 21-4-2008 by LateApexer313]

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Maybe because we as a species are not ready. Just look at how Aliens are portrayed on tv and in our movies. If a Saucer landed in your neighborhood how would your neighbors act? I bet alot would be grabbing weapons, screaming, and just plain flipping out.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   
"If they exist?"
"1. They don't exist"
"If ET's existed"

There's a problem with that line of thinking. Even if aliens are not visiting Earth and even if they aren't exploring the galaxy, then that still doesn't mean they don't exist.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Probably because we want them to. Humans, at the moment, are deperate for alien constact of some form or another, no matter what it may be. Some people worship them, things on Earth are attributed to them, and then there's the movies of them we make.
I can't tell you how many time I've seen on ATS where people claim aliens will do such and such and save us from ourselves, or unite us or some other babble.
They may just be hanging back, observing us, seeing how we do things, and wether we can stand on our own to feet or shoot ourselves in the foot first. There are so many dire prophecies we tell about ourselves, they may just not want the drama.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join