It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congress Tells Bush: 'Stop the Closed-Door Diplomacy and Allow Legislative Oversight'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Congress Tells Bush: 'Stop the Closed-Door Diplomacy and Allow Legislative Oversight'

news.yahoo.c om

The House of Representatives sent a letter to President Bush this week advising him to stop all plans to advance the Security and Prosperity Partnership (SPP) of North America until there has been full congressional oversight.

The major players all claim that SPP is simply economic integration, but integration with Mexico and Canada is exactly what North American Union means, said Eagle Forum Executive Director Jessica Echard.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.prnewswire.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
The North American Union Myth

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Regarding the claim that it'll be like the EU, I personally don't think so. Whether this will be bad for the people of the respecting countries, I'm not sure about that. I think mexicans will like this integration a lot. Americans perhaps just worry that they will lose their jobs... even more.

But if this closed door diplomacy turns out to be true, than I have to disagree with it. And how can this be happening in the first place anyway. Doesn't the US congress have the oversight power?

news.yahoo.c om
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   
If "Free Trade" agreements with countries that employ slave labor are permitted, then wages in the US will be forced to compete with wages in 3rd world countries.

This is destroying our way of life.

We can't compete economically with a country that has no problem paying its labor 80 cents a day.

Either we deny trade with these countries or we fall to their level.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ianr5741

I concur with that. So, is it safe to say that whatever Bush Jr plan is, it'll never work, since it is so unpopular with the american people. Or somehow there is a way to make it come to fruition.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Don't be duped by the deception of Bush, Pelosi or the Congress, they have all along arranged a long time ago to stick together and ride the storm, instead of revealing any insider secrets.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Dubyakadubla

Okay, forget about the congress. Will the american people allow such thing to happen? I thought United States is a democracy, still.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dubyakadubla
Don't be duped by the deception of Bush, Pelosi or the Congress, they have all along arranged a long time ago to stick together and ride the storm, instead of revealing any insider secrets.

I agree. This is nothing but a dog and pony show and another piece of paper to try to cover their asses with the American people down the road... like another one reported recently here.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Agree with Dubyakadubla and Rabbitchaser---This is nothing more than blustering to give the 'appearence' of some oversight...Every last one of these criminals are all on the same side anymore, and no one will hold anyone accountable...That was painfully obvios when the dems took over the house. They are all crooks and scum.

top topics

join